Reactions and Reviews from people @the Australia Premier for the film *SPOILERS*

war of the worlds was great...minus the ending

Glad to see I'm not the only one who liked 'War of the Worlds'

And 'Terminal' was also great.

You peops SAY the The Terminal was great............but what if it didn't star Tom Hanks? What if it was............Jimmy Fallon?

Tom Hanks saves movies. Truth.

Hence is why I am a man. And I admit. I have seen "You've Got Mail" multiple times.

nobody did..... it ALMOST bombed too.

I dunno. I loved The Terminal also. Every few years, Spielberg tends to saunter into things nobody seems to "get" (A.I., Terminal, WOTW.... Hook? lol.). It's what makes him- and his movies- brilliant, IMHO.

You peops SAY the The Terminal was great............but what if it didn't star Tom Hanks? What if it was............Jimmy Fallon?

Tom Hanks saves movies. Truth.

Hence is why I am a man. And I admit. I have seen "You've Got Mail" multiple times.

i never like you got mail...

spielberg knew to count on tom...:cwink:

This just came in today from the Australian Empire Magazine, News Flash: Bay is a tool, surprise.

http://www.empireonline.com.au/news/story.asp?NID=1000000884

While one of 2007's most anticipated event movies, Transformers, is not out until June 28, director Michael Bay and co. were in Australia this week to present the world's first public screening of the soon-to-be-blockbuster. He did that in Sydney yesterday. Today, an old, disused railway warehouse was transformed into the set for a relaxed and unexplosive press conference with revered/reviled action maestro Bay and his (non-robot) Transformers starlets, Megan Fox and Australian-on-her-way, Rachael Fox.

Unexplosive is a slight surprise, in that we are talking about Bay, a bloke who has become a brand name for enormous pyrotechnic movies which have taken about, oh, $2billion bucks around the planet. You kinda expect him to walk through a hail of gunfire and disintegrating helicopters when he enters. In slo-mo, naturally. Instead, we just got a Hummer with Transformers detailing, and the rather distracting legs of Bay's well-heeled female cohorts.

Better focus on the work, then. While Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys II and The Island might not be Oscar-winning arthouse think pieces, it's tough to deny that Bay is a one-man movie machine who seems to know what the people want to see. No stranger to criticism, he also doesn't seem too concerned about other people's reactions to what he does or says.

So better get this out of the way early. For those of you with a burning passion for collecting toys which transform from a robot into, say, a jeep or a truck or a gun, you might want to avert your eyes. As much as director Michael Bay is down with Transformers, he's not so enamoured with the idea of collecting them.

"I think it's strange that adults collect toys, don't you" and "I could care less about the toys" are just two of his thoughts about the original Transformers in a packet. Still, Bay's been very open about how much input Transformers fans (of the toys and cartoon series) had during the making of the $145million movie - a staggeringly small amount of dough, considering what he has put on screen.

For a bloke so immersed in the Transformers universe, Bay still struggled to explain the finished film. That is, he was still trying to get his head around all the pre-production stuff leading to the first screenings and the film's global birth. "When you step back, it's just kinda weird that there was nothing there and now you've got something," the Bayster said about his movie as a reality. "You heard the audience last night - they were applauding when a truck skid in. It's bizarre that they're finding emotion from a truck."

"I kept asking people after the show. Why do people applaud after that first sequence? Is it because the adrenaline is going through you? I don't know? Why do people applaud when the old Camaro changes to the new? Optimus Prime, when the truck comes in, they applaud there."

Having got about one million dollars from each and every one of us, Bay clearly knows why there is clapping. Having never been adverse to giving people what they want - in monstrous, earth-shaking quantities - signs from this earliest of screenings suggests that even the nerdiest, sorry, hardiest Transformers geeks, sorry, fans will love their idols come to live-action life.

For a film boasting some colossal action sequences, Bay struggled to pin down the hardest scene he shot. As you would expect when you are the conductor of so much intricate action, the Pearl Harbor bomber was at a loss to pick the toughest Transformers throw-down.
"It would be the freeway scene," added Fox helpfully, referring to a high speed highway tussle that results in, among other carnage, a bus being ripped in two.
"The freeway scene?," replied Bay. "Nah, that was easy. I'm used to car stuff. I can do that with my eyes closed.
"I'm one of a dying breed. A lot of directors would have done that digitally," he added about the bus obliteration. "I like to actually do the real stuff on screen."

Which brings us back to Bay, the director. As in Bay, the director of uber-successful movies who has been constantly caned by critics. When asked about how he feels about being a whipping boy for Hollywood action movies, Bay was unguarded and rather obtuse. In a "yeah, whatever, I make huge movies that fire up the box office, man" way.

"When I made Bad Boys, I used a style of very quick editing. It was partially because I didn't have a lot of money, and I didn't have a lot of money for art direction. It was a way to disguise things..... Yeah (from then), I did get the whipping boy kinda thing. I asked a film professor about why do I get the hard end of the deal. She said 'In Hollywood, they will always go after someone who changes something. They don't like change'. If you look at action movies these days, it seems like they are all fast cut. Maybe, I don't know if I am responsible for that but..."
"Maybe I'm a good whipping boy too. I take it."

I couldn't careless about what Bay thinks of Transformers. This movie is going to rock because the Transformers are in it and he is good with action. I aren't expecting much of a story so I shouldn't be disappointed.

Because Speilberg WANTED Michael Bay to direct it.

Plus...if Raimi loved Spidey so much, how come Sandman had a new cannon, but when it was all said and done, that new cannon came out to be ridiculous, seeing how he only had one scene with his wife and sickly daughter.

It's called not having the time to put everything in the movie so he cans his vision so the fans can see more Venom.

WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS DISMISS THE TERMINAL!? :(

I liked it, if that helps.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who liked 'War of the Worlds'

And 'Terminal' was also great.

Both are great films, in my opinion.

Finally got a STRAIGHT answer to my question over on the Don Murphy boards:

...........Is the "G-1 TRANSFORMATION SOUND" incorporated in the film's TRANSFORMATION SOUND EFFECTS?

yes and no...
sometimes you hear it...sometimes you don't...
i recall hearing it in blackouts first transformation...
but sometimes i couldn't hear it out in other trasformations..it usually is in their in between the other sounds....
maybe if i paid really close attention every time they transformed i would have heard it....but it definitely is subtle....

Speaking of the Terminal, and war of the worlds...I thought Munich owned them both :)

But they were still good...

More:

spoiler alert

ok guys...
barricade does speak in english....
he yells at sam during the scene he chases sam.... he asks sam his identity and where the all spark is or his whitwichy's glasses are....

i can't believe i forgot about that...but other than that...i don't remember hearing the decepticons speak in english besides megs and ss. megs does have quite a few words to say w/ optimus prime.
and there are some lines from the g1 series that you'll recognise.

sorry for causing an uproar...i was just too excited coming home from that premier....i also don't want to give a huge description of the story b/c y'all know it already....
the movie was exciting..that is all i can say....lots of things happening...if any criticism based on the action..than maybe its that the scenes were cut really fast, but that is bay's style...

Yeah, that's what I thought happened- too excited by the epic finale that he forgot about it.

war of the worlds was great...minus the ending
Unlesss you expected some ID4 ending for War of the Worlds, than the movie was absolutely beautiful, and exstremely FRIGHTNING!!!... It scared the **** out of me, because it seems so damn real!!!!!!!!!! The movie is anything BUT pleasent! (and if people dont find it scary as hell, than they dont get the movie at all... so dont get me started!)

War of the Worlds, is a small masterpiece!

Unlesss you expected some ID4 ending for War of the Worlds, than the movie was absolutely beautiful, and exstremely FRIGHTNING!!!... It scared the **** out of me, because it seems so damn real!!!!!!!!!! The movie is anything BUT pleasent! (and if people dont find it scary as hell, than they dont get the movie at all... so dont get me started!)

War of the Worlds, is a small masterpiece!

I totally agree. Spielberg himself said before it came out that his intention was to make the movie unpleasant... and fly in the face of glee-filled (oooh look a building blew up... yay!!!) movies like Armageddon and ID4. I also think it was a small masterpiece. Still, some areas of the script needed work.

War of the Worlds was amazing. I seriously can not understand the hate for that film. Maybe because it focused on the human element rather than the alien invasion? I seriously don't get it.

And the ending, yeah- not that great per say due to the "how did he survive?"- but, it does follow the source material. And we never actually saw what happened with him and the explosion- maybe he got out just in time or was near it but not that close to it.

Can someone that has seen the movie tell me if optimus prime
has a sword arm at some point. If so does he uses it against megatron?

It sucks that a lot of peole get to see the film late June early July when I..I and other unfortunate Brits (and possibly other Europeans) have to wait till the 27th July :cmad: :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"