Reactions and Reviews from people @the Australia Premier for the film *SPOILERS*

^ That DOES suck!!! (In Denmark we get in on July 3'rd though)

^ That DOES suck!!! (In Denmark we get in on July 3'rd though)

Oh right okay, so it's just Britain who is getting screwed :cmad:

Still..patience is a virtue :dry: ...apprantly!

^ Oh I think there's gotta be a few other countries as well.... But I feel your pain though! I hate waiting for huge movie's when it's already released everywhere else! I felt the same 2 years ago, when Batman Begins was released all over... we had to wait practickly a whole more month to get it over here! I dont understand how it works...

^ Oh I think there's gotta be a few other countries as well.... But I feel your pain though! I hate waiting for huge movie's when it's already released everywhere else! I felt the same 2 years ago, when Batman Begins was released all over... we had to wait practickly a whole more month to get it over here! I dont understand how it works...

It winds me up, especially after the Spider-Man 3 'released in Britain the same time as everywhere' scenario....well we got it the same time as the Americans which was perfect...not with Transformers though.

The short waits like a couple of weeks I don't understand either. Distributors have given various reasons for splitting release dates and sometimes it sounds reasonable, other times I'm left thinking, "Yeah, right."

The longer delays in releases are simple economics. It costs money to print a movie. Some of that production cost can be muted a little by running a title in one location, then breaking down the prints and moving them to another location for more screenings of the used prints. I deal with film almost every day and some of the feature films coming through my hands bear indications of having been through one or two other cinemas before I get the second hand copy for the New Zealand opening.

It sucks a lemon getting used 'new' release blockbusters (I got Hellboy 1 week before the stinking US DVD release), but what really hits hard is when some thoughtless projectionist elsewhere has zero consideration for the next people to run the film and the prints arrive heavily damaged as if they'd simply been discarded in my direction. *grumbles* :cmad:

Oh right okay, so it's just Britain who is getting screwed :cmad:
Some other European countries are in the same club. Check out the international release dates and you'll also see some that in August.

Some other European countries are in the same club. Check out the international release dates and you'll also see some that in August.

:wow: August...woah. Okay on the bright side at least I don't have to wait that long....still 27th July :word:

Britain is always getting screwed (games, systems, movies, dental hygiene). Poor guys and gals.

This whole "opening earlier than announced" thing is going nuts. 12 Midnight showing was fine for some, now they are 8:00PM showings....than it will be 6, 4, 2, 1, back to midnight, mid-day, mid-afternoon, after fourth meal.

I like the 8:00 PM showing time, and it should stick that way.

Britain is always getting screwed (games, systems, movies, dental hygiene). Poor guys and gals.

Well, I know we get screwed over games/systems...although we did get the Wii earlier than I thought we would and we also got Mario Strikers Charged first...still no sign of Pokemon Battle Revolution...and our dental hygiene is alright as well.

I like this country but when we get movies this late on...I feel tempted to :trans:

:cmad: Me wants...........

Hee hee, we don't get so screwed now do we :oldrazz: :woot:

To.....be a Bi-Curious Transformer???!??!

No no, to change from a human protecting Autobot to a destroy all Decepticon.

you have to wait till the 27th...wow!! that totally sucks!

Yes I know :( Pray I survive that long through sheer excitement and reading all your comments on how good the film is while I sit and read and...wait....:dry:

Unlesss you expected some ID4 ending for War of the Worlds, than the movie was absolutely beautiful, and exstremely FRIGHTNING!!!... It scared the **** out of me, because it seems so damn real!!!!!!!!!! The movie is anything BUT pleasent! (and if people dont find it scary as hell, than they dont get the movie at all... so dont get me started!)

War of the Worlds, is a small masterpiece!

I actually agree with ya....

My short review: (short of)
May contain spoilers

Never ever been to a premier screening of any movie in my life, this was such a treat! Now when I went to the premier I didn't not go to watch the movie, I did not have tickets. I just went to take pictures and my cousin with me to record video on the "camo" carpet. Through fate I ended up with tickets *cough* paid for *cough* and I like to thank the guy for his ticket and am glad his girlfriend couldn't make it to the premier.

The movie, it was visually fantastic! I couldn't not believe how real the transformers looked and fit with the scenery. The first time I saw Bumblebee walking around I was in awe of how it looked, how he moved and the sound.
The scope of what the transformers do and where they go is amazing! If you want spoilers just look at the game clips that are out, it spoils some of what is in the movie and what the transformers do. The Autobots get more screen time then the Decepticons ofcourse, all the transformers have strong personalities but get more a feel for the Autobots as they actually introduce themselves.
The sound is great! It has to win an Oscar! I'm sure those of you who've seen the trailer with Starscream fly in low, then transform and hear that thunderous sound! There are lots of moments where the sound will literally get your heart pumping though most likely the visuals will have already done that!
Acting was very good to good, Shia LaBeouf stood out amongst the rest of the cast because of his range in the movie. His character is not whiny nor irritating, I liked it best when an Autobot said that "he is very instructional", that alone should give you the essence of his character. Megan Fox is HOT (duh!), her acting is ok and you will sympathise with her in one scene and cheer her on in another. Josh Duhamel's character, he reminds me of the character of Michael Biehn from Terminator, his performance is good. Jon Voight's first scene is emphatic! and clearly masters the role with ease. Lastly John Turturro, good performance and he'll get under your skin but can't doubt his comedic ability so his likable.
Story, now firstly it's not overly complicated ala Pirates 3, but yeah the story does have a couple of flash backs of the same altered scene and one that fans will greatly enjoy! especially with Prime reminiscing!! And you will have to wait for certain scenes to piece or workout "things/events" that previously occurred. The story is good, simple in a way because of all the action scenes.

Overall, I give this movie a 9 out of 10!

There were a few things that bothered me and most likely tick some fans off. But you cannot deny the enormity of this movie, this movie has been done right! it will win new fans out there and please most. :woot:

This is from Steve Mason of Fantasymoguls.com: Transformers (Dreamworks/Paramount) is already a tracking juggernaut. I’ve seen the movie and it is spectacular both in its originality and its execution, but I’ll write about that separately. With over 3 weeks until the Michael Bay blockbuster hits theatres, it already has terrific tracking numbers. :trans: :trans:

This is from Steve Mason of Fantasymoguls.com: Transformers (Dreamworks/Paramount) is already a tracking juggernaut. I’ve seen the movie and it is spectacular both in its originality and its execution, but I’ll write about that separately. With over 3 weeks until the Michael Bay blockbuster hits theatres, it already has terrific tracking numbers. :trans: :trans:

VERY interesting read (http://news.fantasymoguls.com/originalcontent/2007/06/final_weekend_t_1.html). Thanks for the heads up.

The bigger the movie is expected to be, the harder it is to estimate how it will do. This website is currently tracking Transformers for a $240 million domestic pull. And, oh yeah, it's currently projected to rake more money than Harry Potter.

I (still) think it'll top that out, and be close to $300 million.

EDIT:

ALSO, and this is just my personal opinion, my interest for Die Hard just wained. I saw a T.V. spot yesterday and was blown away by the action shown. However, after just watching the theatrical trailer, I think it looks waaay too hokey - I think the movie may suffer from taking itself too seriously and, for a somewhat realistic action movie, will have too many eye rolling close calls. But who knows. If the movie gets good reviews I'll still see it... before I see Transformers two or three times. :)

The bigger the movie is expected to be, the harder it is to estimate how it will do. BUT, this website is currently tracking Transformers for a $240 million domestic pull. And, oh yeah, it's currently projected to rake more money than Harry Potter.

I (still) think it'll top that out, and be close to $300 million.

I predicted it would make 210-230million domestically but, 300 million?!! I think it's safe to say the sequels will be greenlighted within a week of this films release.

If the movie turns out to be the Kick-ass awe inspiring spectacle it seems to be,only sky is the limit for it...and it has everything going for it

1) It's the first ever TF movie
2) It's not a sequel
3) Every movie so far this summer has dissapointed so TF can break the mold
4) It's a spectacle action movie that are very rare this days and those kind of movies have always been blockbusters
5)The Hype and the word of mouth are crazy,everybody and their dogs know about this movie so the only thing is can the movie live up to it's potential?

If it does it woudnt suprise me in the least if it ends up as the highest grossing movie of the year(at least domestically)

I predicted it would make 210-230million domestically but, 300 million?!! I think it's safe to say the sequels will be greenlighted within a week of this films release.

Sequels are definitely safe to assume. I didn't say it would pull in $300, I said it would be close to it. I think Transformers will do $285 million domestic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"