Reactions and Reviews from people @the Australia Premier for the film *SPOILERS*

I'm not really excited about Die Hard either, even though I mad dig all the originals. Too much going on with his daughter, the Mac *****e, and the non-R rating.

My short review: (short of)
May contain spoilers

Never ever been to a premier screening of any movie in my life, this was such a treat! Now when I went to the premier I didn't not go to watch the movie, I did not have tickets. I just went to take pictures and my cousin with me to record video on the "camo" carpet. Through fate I ended up with tickets *cough* paid for *cough* and I like to thank the guy for his ticket and am glad his girlfriend couldn't make it to the premier.

The movie, it was visually fantastic! I couldn't not believe how real the transformers looked and fit with the scenery. The first time I saw Bumblebee walking around I was in awe of how it looked, how he moved and the sound.
The scope of what the transformers do and where they go is amazing! If you want spoilers just look at the game clips that are out, it spoils some of what is in the movie and what the transformers do. The Autobots get more screen time then the Decepticons ofcourse, all the transformers have strong personalities but get more a feel for the Autobots as they actually introduce themselves.
The sound is great! It has to win an Oscar! I'm sure those of you who've seen the trailer with Starscream fly in low, then transform and hear that thunderous sound! There are lots of moments where the sound will literally get your heart pumping though most likely the visuals will have already done that!
Acting was very good to good, Shia LaBeouf stood out amongst the rest of the cast because of his range in the movie. His character is not whiny nor irritating, I liked it best when an Autobot said that "he is very instructional", that alone should give you the essence of his character. Megan Fox is HOT (duh!), her acting is ok and you will sympathise with her in one scene and cheer her on in another. Josh Duhamel's character, he reminds me of the character of Michael Biehn from Terminator, his performance is good. Jon Voight's first scene is emphatic! and clearly masters the role with ease. Lastly John Turturro, good performance and he'll get under your skin but can't doubt his comedic ability so his likable.
Story, now firstly it's not overly complicated ala Pirates 3, but yeah the story does have a couple of flash backs of the same altered scene and one that fans will greatly enjoy! especially with Prime reminiscing!! And you will have to wait for certain scenes to piece or workout "things/events" that previously occurred. The story is good, simple in a way because of all the action scenes.

Overall, I give this movie a 9 out of 10!

There were a few things that bothered me and most likely tick some fans off. But you cannot deny the enormity of this movie, this movie has been done right! it will win new fans out there and please most. :woot:

Thanks for the review mate. It just gets me more pumped for this film :D

I'm not really excited about Die Hard either, even though I mad dig all the originals. Too much going on with his daughter, the Mac *****e, and the non-R rating.

The PG-13 rating is what ruining it for me. There's gonna be no 'Hippy-kye-yah-mutha****er" in all it's glory..only a watered down version kinda like they did in Alien Vs Predator with the classic line "your one ugly mutha****er!" :down:

I'm litterally holding back tears at the awesomeness of one of my childhood shows being realised and recognised as an excellent movie. I'm acheing to see this movie.

These good reviews just keep flying in! :)

I think this might be the first good reviewed blockbuster film of the summer. :up:

Error: Peter Cullen was only the voice of Optimus Prime in The Transformers and The Transformers: The Movie, which doesn't qualify as 'most of the shows'.

The PG-13 rating is what ruining it for me. There's gonna be no 'Hippy-kye-yah-mutha****er" in all it's glory..only a watered down version kinda like they did in Alien Vs Predator with the classic line "your one ugly mutha****er!" :down:

According to Bruce, the line is in the movie.

Yūgi's BM;11899275 said:
Error: Peter Cullen was only the voice of Optimus Prime in The Transformers and The Transformers: The Movie, which doesn't qualify as 'most of the shows'.

What are you talking about? Who said this?

Yūgi's BM;11899275 said:

Are you pointing out that the statement you posted is an error? Cuz we know this already.

Apparently you can. They got away with it. Probably it's the content... and I don't think I ever saw somewhere that said mother fcker could not be said... that seems way way way too specific. But, whatever they did- it's in there.

Okay so another great review...but I want to see the film now...reading other people's views is becoming depressing :csad:

Apparently you can. They got away with it. Probably it's the content... and I don't think I ever saw somewhere that said mother fcker could not be said... that seems way way way too specific. But, whatever they did- it's in there.

Hmmm. I though all 'F' bombs were off limit in PG-13 movies. I think the worst you can say in them is S**t. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. But like i said before, it was edited in Alien Vs Predator ( "Your one ugly mutha****er") which was also PG-13. We got the 'Mutha' part, then the sound of the gun blast covered up the F bomb. Maybe Die hard is the same.

Wonder if there's any mild language in TF?

Nope, a PG-13 can have ONE f word. You can say any swear word you want, I'm pretty sure, just not the f word more than once.

Motherfcker- I'm pretty sure- might have been the problem due to it being more suggestive than a simple fck you! But, due to Die Hard being Die Hard, I think that's why they got away with it due to the iconic stature of that phrase that everyone knows, more or less.

The MPAA board is really hard to understand though, for example before Spielberg stepped in- they wanted to rate 'Disturbia' R!

I heard that you can't use the F word if it's used in a sexual sense. Using it to insult someone is okay, but can only be used a certain amount of times.

I absolutely can't wait for TF, but I'm eagerly awaiting Die Hard 4.0 as well!!! I think it's gonna ROCK!!!

I've already seen Spider-man 3, Pirates 3, and FF2. I must say I'm probably more excited about TF than any movie I've seen thus far, and it might be THE film of the summer when it's all said and done. I'm not always a fan of Bay's movies, but I think he got a winner in his hands. As a TF fan since the '80s and still fondly remembered G1, I'm very psyched about this adaptation and I hope it will herald in a series of movies based on robots in disguise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"