The Dark Knight Reactions to trailer: Del Toro, Dini, others

Dini & Loeb I love their work on Batman Characters :up: Great they like the trailer.

Thats a great article. Good to see some upstanding Bat-authors/creators praise the work. I agree with how they put it. This is a different version of the Joker. But it fits in Nolan's context and world he created.

Cool Article.

Dini Animated series was/is a classic! it puts that crapfeast "THE BATMAN" to shame with only the opening credits.

I liked Jeffe Loeb's "Long Halloween" but I thought "Hush" was a better read. And I disagree with him about Nicholson's Joker.

It's easy to not like something 20 years later but forget how cutting edge it was at the time. And Jack's Joker slaughtered the campiness that was associated with him from 20 years of only seeing Caesar Romero's mustache vrsion from the TV show.

Anyway, Horses for Courses.

Super awesome find. Really great read specially Jeph Loeb's parts. Incredible.

I grew up on adam west, Nicholson, and tim/dini's Batman TAS!!!
i've recently read TLH and loved it!

im glad they got all of them to speak!

I think Jack was fantastic in '89 bit it's gonna be '08
and time to pass the torch

I have a feeling Heath will forever influence/change the way the Joker is characterized in the DCU!

it's gonna be that damn good

If you go over to Kevin Smith's message board over at View Askew, he gave an opinion.

To sum it up, HE LOVED the trailer, and went to see the prologue as well and was blown away.

Do you have a link?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. He states the following:

Love it. Want to see it now.

and in another post:

My God, I love that trailer. But I love the Nolan/Ledger Joker more.

Saw the six minute prologue this weekend, too. Dug it lots.

These are the pages where his posts show up:

http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?t=59999&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=37

http://viewaskew.com/theboard/viewtopic.php?t=59999&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=259

I grew up on adam west, Nicholson, and tim/dini's Batman TAS!!!
i've recently read TLH and loved it!

im glad they got all of them to speak!

I think Jack was fantastic in '89 bit it's gonna be '08
and time to pass the torch

I have a feeling Heath will forever influence/change the way the Joker is characterized in the DCU!

it's gonna be that damn good

No no no a thousand times no!

We have a Spider-Man with organic webbing in comics right now. We don't need to square the wheel on comic Joker!

Weird but nifty article.

-- but... does anybody actually need Kevin Smith's affirmation? :huh:

Cool Article.

Dini Animated series was/is a classic! it puts that crapfeast "THE BATMAN" to shame with only the opening credits.

I agree with you on that note. I tried to watch one episode of THE BATMAN and I couldn't sit and watch the whole thing.

Nice to know some people of the trade approve.

Weird but nifty article.

-- but... does anybody actually need Kevin Smith's affirmation? :huh:

I never understood how he became "god of the comic nerds". Was it just those small parts in Mallrats that enabled him to write Daredevil, team up with Quesada, and start the insane industry destroying trends we see now?

If so, I'll never laugh at Mallrats again.

I never understood how he became "god of the comic nerds". Was it just those small parts in Mallrats that enabled him to write Daredevil, team up with Quesada, and start the insane industry destroying trends we see now?

If so, I'll never laugh at Mallrats again.

"Show some respect."

I keep hearing that. :D

It's a brilliant show. They really raised the bar in painful humour. Complete public embarrassment time after time.

Loooooove Extras. So freakin' hilarious :up:

Delighted to hear Dini likes Ledger's Joker. The creator of Harely Quinn is a man who's opinion I think holds weight :hq:

Thanks for posting this, great read, glad to see that they all approve, Ledger is going to be great.

It's always nice to see that kind of enthusiasm from fellow artists. It speaks volumes about the quality of film we can expect.

Nice find!

I like hearing good comments especially coming from Del Toro!

MTV.com needs to keep this coming. They have been really covering the hell out of this movie lately. I hope they keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"