The Dark Knight Reactions to trailer: Del Toro, Dini, others

We have a Spider-Man with organic webbing in comics right now. We don't need to square the wheel on comic Joker!

Too late, I heard DCU Joker now has a Bejermo-esqe Chelsea Grin in the current issue of Batman Confidential.

Too late, I heard DCU Joker now has a Bejermo-esqe Chelsea Grin in the current issue of Batman Confidential.

Eh.....not really.

In the new origin story, he gets a Chelsea grin from a stray Batarang BEFORE his chemical bath. Post chemical bath, the wound is kinda melded with his mouth, leaving it as the inhumanly-large grin we're all so familiar with.

Also...

GREAT article. Hearing that these guys, whose work I respect so much, are as blown away by Ledger's Joker as I am is very encouraging, and only serves to add to my monumental hype for this film.

Excellent article. I'm a big fan of Loeb, Del Toro, and Dini, great to hear such respected people in the field are also loving what Nolan has done.

great article....del toro is ledgerjokers biggest fan haha

This is starting to feel like a circle jerk.

how do you know what that feels like?

:oldrazz:

Hopefully in the final film Joker is even more intense and awesome and blows everyone's mind even more, including these fine people and even the ones that still prefer Jack Nicholson's Joker.

Thanks again for the great find :)

I must say, ever since I first saw this new Joker, I have been disappointed so much, but after seeing the trailer, I am eating my words.

Guillermo Del Toro said it. This Joker is perfect.

I wonder who are part of the guilty part there. 'Fess up, Guard!! :p

And that is great to hear many of the folks who work for comics & some who done work on Batman is praising the trailer & Ledger. They know what they're talking about. :up: :word:

i am SO HAPPY that other filmmakers love Heath's Joker..and Loeb's quip was really encouraging too, especially since he wasnt a fan of Jack's Joker like me..Ledger for Best Supporting Actor '09!!!!:hoboj:

Um, it's the Hype. This is nothing new. ;)

But honestly? Notice that Dini acknowledges the striking differences between the Nolanverse's Joker and other portrayals. And still likes it. This is a lesson that I think could stand to be learned by everybody here.

All these past portrayals of the Joker (of which there are many) are just that - past portrayals. They were once new and groundbreaking themselves (just as Heath-Joker is now). This is why I find it silly when people try to justify Heath-Joker's legitimacy by trying to prove that it's "just like" the comics. Um, no. It isn't. There are several significant differences. But THAT'S. OKAY. Every new depiction has been different from what's come before. That's the nature of this canon.

I feel sorry for folks who are so desperate to see these films line up with their own personal childhood vision of Batman, that they can't appreciate Nolan's own vision. Which, while certainly different, has a lot of merit - and is fascinating to discuss on its own terms.

IMHO.

*points to signature*

I must say, ever since I first saw this new Joker, I have been disappointed so much, but after seeing the trailer, I am eating my words.

Guillermo Del Toro said it. This Joker is perfect.

Hahaha, why do you have me in your signature? I'm just "jimmy" now. But that just proves that you're OG. OG is very G. Keep it straight up, G. Holla!

I agree with you on that note. I tried to watch one episode of THE BATMAN and I couldn't sit and watch the whole thing.
It's amazing how well Batman TAS still holds up. I watch it almost every night when it comes on that Toon network or whatever it is. Even when the show gets cheesy or over-the-top (it's still a cartoon for kids and teens), it's the voice acting, the soundtrack, and the visuals that totally makes up for it. It's a shame that I haven't bought the complete DVD set for the show yet.

-TNC

With a scarier, grittier Joker on the loose in Gotham, what exactly is a crime-fighter to do?
Find out how the heck he got out in the first place, joked Adam West, best known to a whole generation of fans as TV's Batman.
"The Joker? Heath Ledger?" the icon playfully questioned. "I thought the Joker was still serving hard time in Gotham State Prison."
:D

Nice.

Thanks for the article.
I particularly loved this part:
"If any franchise can benefit from being grittier and darker, it's Batman," Del Toro added.
:up:
Learn with these guys, WB...

I loved all the reactions there, but Adam West's is the one that cracked me up. He never stopped being the 60's version of Batman. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"