Batman Begins Real Life Batman

LexCorp

Lex Luthor
Reaction score
After seeing Batman Begins I felt that with the right training and modern equipment you could produce a real life Batman. Is this still a thing of fantasy or can there be a Batman in the real world today? What do you think?

If you're over the age of 14, I'll refer you to a good doctor

Its not out of the realm of possibilites, the only real downside would be the fact that crimes arent as easy to spot and find as they are in the Batworld - no Supervillians.

I don't suppose it would actually work as we saw it in the movie...

Someone's thinking of exposing a spider to radiation?

Para!

Para!

Para!

Doxium!

I could not see this working either just a thought. Oh well back to my radioactive Spider experiments....:)

I think it could. It'd be like urban gureilla warfare.

The guy would have to have ton of stamina, and be as rich as Wayne....since NO powers= major disadvantage.....so he would need tons of equipment to make up for it.

And yes,.......without an armored suit he'd be dead in 5 minutes.

No. But they did exist in feudal times.

People still practice Ninja...terms. But not as assassins.

Or........maybe they still exist, only they're so secretive......nobody really knows.....hmm?

NO! I don't think it would work. If you don't get arrested by cops first, you'd probabley be killed somehow.

Nope. The chance of there ever being a real life Batman is as much as seeing Zorro & Dick Tracy be real. :p

LexCorp said:
After seeing Batman Begins I felt that with the right training and modern equipment you could produce a real life Batman. Is this still a thing of fantasy or can there be a Batman in the real world today? What do you think?

Yes, it possible.

But he would only last one night.

(If he was really good and had the financial resources he could probably last a week before the FBI would find out his identity and lock him up.

No.

In Bat-World criminals may be a ‘superstitious and cowardly lot’, but in the real world only the truly deranged would mistake the ‘Bat-Man’ for anything other than some a-hole in a costume. The thing is—even if you were to accept the physical implausibility of such a character being able to function in the real world—a nocturnal vigilante dressed in a bat suit and strapped to some sort of glider is not and never will be an effective way of solving a crime or apprehending a criminal... not even remotely.

We had this convers. a couple of times here.
It always leads to this answer.

raybia said:
Yes, it possible.

BatScot said:
No.

In Bat-World criminals may be a ‘superstitious and cowardly lot’, but in the real world only the truly deranged would mistake the ‘Bat-Man’ for anything other than some a-hole in a costume. The thing is—even if you were to accept the physical implausibility of such a character being able to function in the real world—a nocturnal vigilante dressed in a bat suit and strapped to some sort of glider is not and never will be an effective way of solving a crime or apprehending a criminal... not even remotely.

That is the reason why someone attempting this would only last one night.

Its not like there we have never had Vigilantes. Just no one who dressed up as a Bat to do it. Also taking a pledge to not kill would doom this type of undertaking.

NO! I don't think it would work. If you don't get arrested by cops first, you'd probabley be killed somehow.

I dunno.......if your smart about it, the dude could make it.

Plus.....remember, Gotham is a corrupt city.....the cops NEED Batman. So, think about that.

Nope. The chance of there ever being a real life Batman is as much as seeing Zorro & Dick Tracy be real. :p

Well, don't you think that in the old times...there COULD have been a revolutionary vigilante like Zorro?? Not far fetched man.

Tracy.......meh........that's more SIN CITY-ish, isn't it?

Yes, it possible.

(If he was really good and had the financial resources he could probably last a week before the FBI would find out his identity and lock him up.

Yeah....the FBI does a great job of ALWAYS getting they're man.............

I dunno, I think this is where the whole "Urban myth" thing would come into play.

No.

In Bat-World criminals may be a ‘superstitious and cowardly lot’, but in the real world only the truly deranged would mistake the ‘Bat-Man’ for anything other than some a-hole in a costume. The thing is—even if you were to accept the physical implausibility of such a character being able to function in the real world—a nocturnal vigilante dressed in a bat suit and strapped to some sort of glider is not and never will be an effective way of solving a crime or apprehending a criminal... not even remotely

Don't worry....I doubt anyone here is going to take this thread as an excuse to try it.

But......watch BEGINS.......the guy is flying around, hiding in the shadows. When people are scared.....they'll probably buy the creature myth.

People are pretty easy to scare if you do it the right way.......and I think we're looking at this topic in the "WHAT IF THERE WAS NO BATMAN CHARACTER" as well.

That is the reason why someone attempting this would only last one night.

Its not like there we have never had Vigilantes. Just no one who dressed up as a Bat to do it. Also taking a pledge to not kill would doom this type of undertaking.

I just think nobody's had right "stuff" for it........Batman is a unique character. Money, means, opportunity, motive, abilities, genes, intelligence........it'd be like the jackpot of the human race doing something as utterly insane.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Don't worry....I doubt anyone here is going to take this thread as an excuse to try it.
I'm not worried about that, I'm worried that someone will take this thread as an excuse to drag the discussion onto a second page ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"