Sequels Recasting the X-Men

If she was 15-20 years younger, Faith Hill would have been perfect for Rogue

she was born and raised in Mississippi, and maybe is the most beautiful entertainer ever from that state, in addition to being 5' 9" and she was even adopted (like Rogue was by Mystique).

faithblond6za.jpg

Lacey Chabert is another Mississippian who could have worked, although she'd have to have immitated the accent because she doesn't have one very noticabley, and she's way too short if you want acuracy in the height department.

117xt.jpg

Well, the casting would also depend on the age of the X-men wouldn't it?
I'll go with mid 20s i guess with the exception of maybe Wolverine and Storm. I see them being older for some reason.

Of course, If i really was casting an X-men movie, I'd mostly cast unknowns save for a few, but since I can't have auditions I'm just gonna use teh Google.

Cyclops/Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Jonathan_Rhys-Meyers.jpg

If he can lose the thick accent.

Alicia Witt/ Jean Grey
51478029.jpg

alicia01.jpg

Wolverine / Karl Urban?
Not the beast choice, but I can't think of anyone else at the moment.
4_1703223.jpg

KARL23.gif

Jason Isaac /Magneto
jason_isaacs.jpg

Xavier/Pete Postlethwaite
pete_postlethwaite_1.jpg

0.jpg

pete_postlethwaite_270.jpg

Evan Rachel Wood/Rogue
e3d2888f05.jpg

Iceman/ Michael Pitt
dreamers1.jpg

There's a few others i missed, but can't think of a fitting actor/actress at the moment.

blind_fury said:
Cyclops- Barry Pepper
Jean Grey- Rachel Weisz
Wolverine- Mel Gibson or Gary Sinise
Professor X- Christopher Walken
Storm- Angela Basset
Rogue- Mandy Moore
Iceman- Ryan Reynolds
Angel- Ryan Phillippe
Beast- Jon Favreau
Nightcrawler- Jake Gyllenhaal

Magneto- Rutger Haur
Mystique- Salma Hayek (comic book costume)
Sabertooth- Clancy Brown
Toad- D.J. Qualls
Lady Deathstrike- Lucy Lui (comic book costume)
Pyro- Matthew Lillard

director- James Cameron

No way!!!!!! Frank Zagarino could be Magneto.

Pick someone below 6' for Wolverine since he's 5'3" in the comics. Sully Erna from Godsmack is certainly short enough but he's covered in tattoos so thats out.

JamesXMan said:
Pick someone below 6' for Wolverine since he's 5'3" in the comics. Sully Erna from Godsmack is certainly short enough but he's covered in tattoos so thats out.

How about Colin Farrell

iceberg325 said:
How about Colin Farrell

You could also pick non-'one of the best looking guys in the world'.

You know he'd never go for it in a million years agoo (plus I'd prefer him for Iron Man), but I'd like to see if Billy Crudup would work as Wolverine.

someone said that ryan renolds should be iceman and i agree. Iceman was a fun guy who was a big womanizer in the comics. while i do like this movie version of iceman, if they ever did try to remake the series and start from scratch, make renolds iceman, he would be great.

I can't see Portman as Kitty.

Mary said:
I can't see Portman as Kitty.

She'd be absolutely perfect if whatever X-Men movie where Kitty was first introduced came out in the mid-90's.

natpremier10cr.jpg

BT18 said:
Professor X was never an old man in the comics.

If in the 60's or 70's they wrote Professor X as being a 17-year-old in the Korean war, they only meant for him to be at most in his late 30's when he founded the X-Men, probably not more than 20 , and possibly as little as 15 years older than his oldest students in the founding team.

Neither Patrick Stewart, and especially not Terry O'Quinn posess any other relatively uncommon physical characteristics that make them anything close to "perfect" for the professor other than being bald, which anyone with a bic can become.

Stewart is atleast in the approximate right shape (on the leaner, but built side). But he's also the wrong freaking nationality and without the comfort to immitate the right nationality enough that Singer had him do just that.

The perfect actor would have the hard-featured eyes and eyebrows and lips and concave forehead that the most common representations of the character have had. And they'd have been American or able to do a damn good American accent.

EXACTLLY!!!!

thank you sir, :)

add a right bracket next to the QUOTE to get the desired effect for the post BTW

This is not a recast suggestion but somehow Caleb Ross in The Tribe always reminded me of Wolverine.

lex_bio.jpg

i think caleb ross is best suggest for wolverine I've seen in this thread if you see the tribe you know

but too bad too young looking

11438565_gal.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is just thing as bad actor just bad picture

I know nits close to the comics but a 5'3 Wolverine would look freaking ridiculous. IF they're re-casting, then a 5'10-5'11 Christian Kane would be the perfect mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"