Sequels Recasting the X-Men

My selections when I was really bored one time...

group.jpg

scrap paul walker as Havok. Paul walker should never ever be in anymore movies. I like the idea of Garret Hedlund instead.

Look at this picture of Viggo Mortensen, it looks alot like Wolverine.
viggo.jpg

his face doesn't. His hair on his face kind of does. The hair on his head, barely.

Ashlocke said:
My selections when I was really bored one time...

group.jpg

scrap paul walker as Havok. Paul walker should never ever be in anymore movies. I like the idea of Garret Hedlund instead.

Switch Jean paul with Remy, thats the only one that should be changed.
Oh, and Nona Gaye as Storm. I also really like the idea of orlando bloom playing Jono.

JackBauer, I know this is off topic, but MY GOD am I loving your avatar!!!!

thanks! took me a while to find it, so GET YOUR OWN!! :mad: :D

apollo.jpg

Jamie Bamber (Apollo from Battlestar Galactica) is my Cyclops.

^^ Jamie would be a decent Cyclops. He looks the part and he certainly has that Boyscout/Fearless Leader quality about him. :up:

BT18 said:
Sorry to say it AD, but the mods might as well merge this thread with THIS ONE

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212054

It's also pretty recent and pretty much the same thing

But I might as well copy and paste my responses from that one to this one for the heck of it.

Professor X: Billy Zane
Magneto: Daniel Day-Lewis

billyzddlxmen6mt.jpg

Storm: Tyra Banks

tbstorm24oo.jpg

Cyclops: Vince Vaughn

vvcyke5ff.jpg

Jean Grey: Jennifer Connelly

jcjg9gw.jpg

Wolverine: Joe Rogan

loganrogan0dv.jpg

Nightcrawler: James Franco (Nick Stahl could play Harry in Spider-Man instead)

franconc9sn.jpg

Rogue: Mandy Moore (not introduced till the 2nd or 3rd film in my dream franchise)

mmrogue13dn.jpg

LOVING THE IDEA OF MANDY MOORE AS ROGUE

James franco really looks like nightcrawler

he does indeed. one of the best of BT18's choices. :up:

a younger vince vaughn could of easily pulled off cyclops.

Honestly, there really isnt an alternative for Prof. X. He's perfect for the role

Professor X was never an old man in the comics.

If in the 60's or 70's they wrote Professor X as being a 17-year-old in the Korean war, they only meant for him to be at most in his late 30's when he founded the X-Men, probably not more than 20 , and possibly as little as 15 years older than his oldest students in the founding team.

Neither Patrick Stewart, and especially not Terry O'Quinn posess any other relatively uncommon physical characteristics that make them anything close to "perfect" for the professor other than being bald, which anyone with a bic can become.

Stewart is atleast in the approximate right shape (on the leaner, but built side). But he's also the wrong freaking nationality and without the comfort to immitate the right nationality enough that Singer had him do just that.

The perfect actor would have the hard-featured eyes and eyebrows and lips and concave forehead that the most common representations of the character have had. And they'd have been American or able to do a damn good American accent.

To elaborate: I think that Locke from "Lost" would add a new degree of darkness and intregue to Xavier. We don't want someone who will be a Stewart copy-cat. If we've gotta have a new actor for Xavier (which frankly, I don't think will ever be the case...), it should be someone with a vastly different approach to the character.

Eddie Dean said:
Look at this picture of Viggo Mortensen, it looks alot like Wolverine.
viggo.jpg

:eek::up: baby!!^^
i love the idea too about Mandy Moore as rogue

Wow! I haven't been to this thread in a long time. I forgot about it. LOL Stupid me.

Xavier - Ed Harris (The Truman Show, The Rock, A History of Violence, Radio)
Professor Xavier is a genuinely creepy character. No matter how benevolent he is, you're always thinking about his psychic powers. Harris could sound powerful and noble while still maintaining a hint of creepy.
trumanshow01.jpg

Cyclops - Brendan Fraser (Crash, The Mummy, The Quiet American, Gods and Monsters)
Brendan Fraser can be a fierce leader, an action hero, and a soft-spoken and sweet boyscout, plus he has the physique necessary. He was built to play Cyclops, in my opinion.
kingpre3.jpg

Jean Grey - Kate Beckinsale (Underworld, The Aviator, Laurel Canyon, Van Helsing)
She's beautiful, she's tough, and she can act with the best of em. Give her the part.
coke.jpg

Storm - Sophie Okonedo (Hotel Rwanda, Aeon Flux)
She was amazing in Hotel Rwanda and could easily play Storm with more power than Berry has.
gglobesarrive05g.jpg

Wolverine - Kiefer Sutherland (24, Phone Booth, A Time to Kill, Taking Lives)
Kiefer Sutherland is one of the best badasses in the business. He's got the build and the voice to play Wolverine. Just dye his hair.
ep_isabellavosmikova3.jpg

Iceman - Will Friedle (Boy Meets World, Gold Diggers, Everything You Want)
Friedle is a good dramatic actor and can also capture the comedy missing from Iceman's characterization so far.
1015094.jpg

Rogue - Jena Malone (Saved, The United States of Leland, Pride and Prejudice)
She's a great young actress who would fit the part well. She could be either shy or strong or sexy at any given moment.
darkopre3.jpg

Beast - Paul Giamatti (Sideways, Cinderella Man, American Splendor)
Giamatti could capture Beast's jovial side, his depressed side, and his intellectual nature. He would have been amazing in this part.
sidewayspre.jpg

Nightcrawler - Dominic Monaghan (Lord of the Rings, Lost)
Monaghan is an excellent young actor who can switch from happy and energetic to dark and brooding without any trouble. He's excellent at accents, and he was born and raised in Berlin. Dude speaks fluent German. Too good to be true? Apparently.
batmanpreg3.jpg

Shadowcat - Alia Shawkat (Arrested Development)
She's got that cute Kitty Pryde look going on, and she's a great young actress. She could easily be the baby of the group.
hutchpre.jpg

Magneto - Alan Rickman (Die Hard, Dogma, Harry Potter, Something the Lord Made)
He's the best villain actor in Hollywood, and he could be more imposing than McKellen.
londonhpazpre2.jpg

Sabretooth - Clancy Brown (Carnivale, The Hurricane, The Shawshank Redemption)
He's big, creepy, and has a booming growl of a voice. He certainly has more range than Tyler Mane..
clancy.jpg

Toad - Jason Marsden (Step by Step, numerous cartoon voices)
The guy is short and thin, and he could easily put on a creepy Toad-voice. I dunno if he could do the action, but that's what stuntmen are for.
d3-c-21.jpg

Mystique - Milla Jovovich (Ultraviolet, Resident Evil)
All she plays are big, tough hotties. Mystique seems to fit her well.
re7.jpg

I'm not sure about sutherland or giamatti, But i'm loving the idea of fredile as iceman.

Actually not to be mean or anything but your choices aren't very good

Xavier = :confused:

Cyclops = :confused:

Jean grey = :)

Storm = :) but i would prefer Nona Gaye

Rogue = :(

All I have to say is thank god none of you are casting directors

Since casting well knowns has caused nothing but problems, Id do it properly and as I always said.

Unknown or little known actors in the early 20s. This would also allow for multiple sequels and let us watch the team grow and mature.

If I had to recast these people, the only ones Id keep would be Paquin and prob Jackman as Wolv should appear older than the others.

No damn Halle and no Famke (shes too old)

Brian singer was toying with the idea of filming 2 moives at once and I also think LOTR has shown this is really a great way to do films like this. keeps budget down and wait time is less which means your hitting the people with another sequel while the previous are still fresh in their minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"