Sequels Received an email with a link to Superman Sequel news... Enjoy (link inside)

Smallville is good for what it is. It's on its seventh season, that says something about ratings and therefore popularity. Seven seasons is far from pathetic or funny. Now, an underperforming pretentious Superman movie from which the original writers 'left' and which has no news of a sequel - that sounds more like pathetic and funny. Cry me a river nintendo.

Right Smallville is good for what it is, a one hour drama on CW. We are not talking tight dialogue and meaningful plotlines here. I am not taking anything away from Smallville, but Smallville certainly has nothing to do with Superman Returns or a future Superman movie at this point.

Superman Returns was not a complete failure, however it didn't meet WB's expectations or projections but surely it has a fan base just like Smallville, obviously not as broad because of the different mediums. Let's not pretend that Superman Returns was My Super Exgirlfriend or Dukes of Hazard here, and then others don't need to pretend that Smallville is Birds of Prey.

Right Smallville is good for what it is, a one hour drama on CW. We are not talking tight dialogue and meaningful plotlines here. I am not taking anything away from Smallville, but Smallville certainly has nothing to do with Superman Returns or a future Superman movie at this point.

Superman Returns was not a complete failure, however it didn't meet WB's expectations or projections but surely it has a fan base just like Smallville, obviously not as broad because of the different mediums. Let's not pretend that Superman Returns was My Super Exgirlfriend or Dukes of Hazard here, and then others don't need to pretend that Smallville is Birds of Prey.

You’re right. Smallville has nothing really to do with SR. I mentioned that I thought it would be nice to see Smallville’s Clark finally accept his destiny and become Superman in a final episode, possibly even becoming a feature-length movie.

Interesting you mentioned Birds of Prey. I’ve just stumbled across its existence. No one I know has ever heard of it. I am stunned I was unaware of it being a TV series, and equally stunned it is not on DVD. Was it good, bad? I’d love to see it, as I know the comic and want to see how it worked on screen as a superhero series. I guess YouTube is my only option.

You’re right. Smallville has nothing really to do with SR. I mentioned that I thought it would be nice to see Smallville’s Clark finally accept his destiny and become Superman in a final episode, possibly even becoming a feature-length movie.

Interesting you mentioned Birds of Prey. I’ve just stumbled across its existence. No one I know has ever heard of it. I am stunned I was unaware of it being a TV series, and equally stunned it is not on DVD. Was it good, bad? I’d love to see it, as I know the comic and want to see how it worked on screen as a superhero series. I guess YouTube is my only option.

I think the most you're going to get is a double episode finale or straight to video where he straps on the cape.

The show wasn't that bad really, it could have been much better but it certainly didn't do that well.

I think the most you're going to get is a double episode finale or straight to video where he straps on the cape.

The show wasn't that bad really, it could have been much better but it certainly didn't do that well.

I see you ditched your Bill Belicheat avvy. I guess he didn't get a chance to tape any of the Giants practices before the big game. :oldrazz:

I see you ditched your Bill Belicheat avvy. I guess he didn't get a chance to tape any of the Giants practices before the big game. :oldrazz:

You'd think going 18-1 after they caught them taping the Jets game would erase that thought process since they were being watched like hawks, I guess not. :yay:

You'd think going 18-1 after they caught them taping the Jets game would erase that thought process since they were being watched like hawks, I guess not. :yay:

Haha, true. I was just messin anyway. What an amazing game though, one for the ages.

Haha, true. I was just messin anyway. What an amazing game though, one for the ages.

Manning was awesome. He made a name for himself that night.

On to Superman news, rumors swirling about WB bringing in a famous screenwriter to either take on a Returns sequel or another version.

Manning was awesome. He made a name for himself that night.

On to Superman news, rumors swirling about WB bringing in a famous screenwriter to either take on a Returns sequel or another version.

You still think Singer is in the picture?

A famous screenwriter for SR sequel or something else? Interesting. It's probably Michael Crichton or John Grisham. :D :D

A famous screenwriter for SR sequel or something else? Interesting. It's probably Michael Crichton or John Grisham. :D :D

Just a circulating rumor at this point. No idea what it could mean.

do you have any idea what WB has in mind for a target release year?

I don't think they have any release date in mind at this point.

If anything is for sure on MOS is that Routh will be back, to me everything else is up in the air...

What do you think Showtime? You think WB will give Singer a second chance?
Which writer would you like if he is back?

I enjoyed the BoP TV show. It wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't bad either. It's a bit of a tough concept to sell.

I liked a lot of what they were doing, I think it really needed a part-time regular appearances from Nightwing, though.

wasn't Birds of Prey about what if Batman and Catwoman had a daughter together?????

What do you think Showtime? You think WB will give Singer a second chance?
Which writer would you like if he is back?

At this point it's a tough call. I think what is happening with JLA will have an impact either way, and that is not starting until July if at all.

I enjoyed the BoP TV show. It wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't bad either. It's a bit of a tough concept to sell.

I liked a lot of what they were doing, I think it really needed a part-time regular appearances from Nightwing, though.

I think it actually could have worked if done now.

wasn't Birds of Prey about what if Batman and Catwoman had a daughter together?????

No, Batman and Woody Woodpecker.

It's based on the DC comicbook of the same name.

Partially. But the Huntress character is more like the Earth-2 Huntress who is the daughter of Batman and Catwoman. In the TV show she is estranged from Bruce and was never raised by him.

Also, Huntress is Oracle's main operative and Black Canary is a new teenager taken under their collective wing. In the comics, Black Canary was the main operative for the majority of the time and Huntress was the newer addition.

The dynamic between Helena and Barbara in the show was more like the dynamic between Dinah and Barbara in the comic book.

I thought they nailed Barbara's character and her paralysis by the Joker. I also really liked that they used the Earth-2 origin for the Huntress. I also liked when they brought in Black Canary's mother, the original Black Canary. They used a lot of comic stuff, just in different ways than in the comics at times. I did like the show a lot and thought it worked well. It just lacked a little oomph sometimes.

They had nice homages such as Central City being mentioned as well as all three Robins- Dick, Jason and Tim. It would have benefitted on multiple levels with regular guest appearance by Nightwing. I think it would have added the oomph.

Well, it's confirmed that the Writers strike is now over. There may have a chance to have a sequel and bring Brandon Routh back in the blue tights.

I didnt have any problems with Routh but in a total reboot bringing him back is probably not going to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"