Record start for X3 dvd.

They should edit X2 and X3 together into one long film. X3 would be like a 1.5 hour ending. That's how I always thought of it. Like an add on.

Advanced Dark said:
They should edit X2 and X3 together into one long film. X3 would be like a 1.5 hour ending. That's how I always thought of it. Like an add on.
Yeah, X3 sometimes feels more like a big ending than a full film in its own right.

^ And that's fine by me. The cast probably wasn't returning in full, they wanted to show us the character many fans begged for and they wanted to make it no-nonsense action. It was fun...and there's room for more.

Advanced Dark said:

That's an interesting idea. The Last Stand always felt like a tacked on ending to me, but how would they go about doing it? Wouldn't some aspects be kind of patchy for lack of a better word? Nightcrawler a mainstay of an X2/The Last Stand would simply disappear without any mention. The political atmosphere is supposed to have changed, including the President, etc.

Why does X4 have to do any of the events of X3? I think X3 did set up days of futures past perfectly if by accident lol.

DVD sales are great aint it?? Go X3

The DVD sales are great but the theatrical revenue warranted a sequel by itself.

BMM said:
That's an interesting idea. The Last Stand always felt like a tacked on ending to me, but how would they go about doing it? Wouldn't some aspects be kind of patchy for lack of a better word? Nightcrawler a mainstay of an X2/The Last Stand would simply disappear without any mention. The political atmosphere is supposed to have changed, including the President, etc.

Yeah they'd have to add that in. That's the only thing I missed in X3.

PoSeiDon said:
Why does X4 have to do any of the events of X3? I think X3 did set up days of futures past perfectly if by accident lol.

DVD sales are great aint it?? Go X3

How does The Last Stand set up Days of Future Past? It establishes Colossus and Kitty as members of the X-Men, but what else? The Government is more accepting of mutants at the beginning of The Last Stand, let alone at the end when mutants feel so accepted and liberated as to freely fly about in the open skies. Xavier and his dream are alive and kicking, not to mention the School.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
This is more surprising than the box office figures as they were frontloaded by people who hadn't seen the movie yet. High DVD sales indicate that a lot of people must have liked the film.

Or it could be people didn't go to the theater to see it and waited for the DVD release. I know quite a few people who didn't go see it in a theater and opted to watch the film at home.

I, on the other hand, watched a bootleg copy that my friend provided for me. Fox will not be getting anymore of my hard earned money. My dad wanted to see it and the bootleg copy was pretty clear, the sound was good, and so forth.

My dad hated the film and felt that Fox really took a major crap on the story. He is a huge comic book fan too, so I felt good knowing that he felt the same way I did.

My mom really enjoyed the film, she just wished they hadn't ruined Cyclops, cured Mystique, and made the film longer than it was.

Oh so you're going to steal their IP and encourage bootlegging and then complain when studios make movies to maximize the box office potential. LOL Kind of ironic. I wouldn't buy a bootleg off anyone. That's stealing and it's ruining the industry. Some movies will never get made thanks to bootlegging and some studios have gone out of business and or left private investors dead broke.

I remember i saw X3 in Sydney, in La Premire (it's very very classy..loved it) when it came out.

Anyway back on topic, i have to say i am happy the dvd has sold alot and done well because then they might do and X4 and this time they can hopefully spend more time with it and make it the best it can be.

I did enjoy X2 more but Xmen 3 was still alright. In Australia it won't be out on dvd until the 18th of october..

Advanced Dark said:
Oh so you're going to steal their IP and encourage bootlegging and then complain when studios make movies to maximize the box office potential. LOL Kind of ironic. I wouldn't buy a bootleg off anyone. That's stealing and it's ruining the industry. Some movies will never get made thanks to bootlegging and some studios have gone out of business and or left private investors dead broke.

Considering that I didn't buy it and didn't give my friend any money, I lost nothing at all. :yay: In fact I gave him his copy back after I showed the film to my parents.

I just refused to buy anything that will give Fox money and he was kind enough to let me borrow a bootleg copy he had downloaded.

^ It doesn't matter if you didn't lose anything. It seems harmless because it's so easy but it's extremely damaging to these studios and producers. You're not only effecting Fox but the actors, actresses, the crews, etc...You'd be surprised but it's costing the industry tens of billions of dollars which in turn increases ticket prices, dvd prices, lowers budgets, etc...

LastSunrise1981 said:
Or it could be people didn't go to the theater to see it and waited for the DVD release. I know quite a few people who didn't go see it in a theater and opted to watch the film at home.

I, on the other hand, watched a bootleg copy that my friend provided for me. Fox will not be getting anymore of my hard earned money. My dad wanted to see it and the bootleg copy was pretty clear, the sound was good, and so forth.

My dad hated the film and felt that Fox really took a major crap on the story. He is a huge comic book fan too, so I felt good knowing that he felt the same way I did.

My mom really enjoyed the film, she just wished they hadn't ruined Cyclops, cured Mystique, and made the film longer than it was.
They've had time to read reviews and judge by word of mouth whether it's worth buying. Failing that they can rent rather than buy the DVD. For them to have done none of these things and still be desperate enough to see the film the first day the DVD becomes available for purchase doesn't make much sense. Why be in such a hurry if you haven't bothered to see it so far. People tend to rent any old film but only buy DVDs of films they expect to like (unless prices are discounted).

It alll counts as revenue either way, even more given that a launch DVD will usually cost more than the price of a cinema ticket. As for your mom and dad's opinions, it's cool that your parents are watching these films at all (mine wouldn't go anywhere near them :(). I tend to agree with your mom's assessment although I also think all 3 films could should have been more ambitious. Everyone's views are mixed on X3 but the general non comic book fans are proving their opinions by their actions.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Considering that I didn't buy it and didn't give my friend any money, I lost nothing at all. :yay: In fact I gave him his copy back after I showed the film to my parents.

I just refused to buy anything that will give Fox money and he was kind enough to let me borrow a bootleg copy he had downloaded.
You are helping to make the point that DVD sales are evidence of how many people liked this movie.

You didn't like it....you didn't buy it. The people that buy DVD's have already seen the movie and liked it. Blind buys are rare.

The release is also helping to sell the first 2 films for many who never saw them. Remember when X1 was released some of the kids who are teens now never got to see it so they have catching up to do. :) The trilogy packs are selling fast as well.

ultimatefan said:
I think it´s going to perform like at theaters... Huge start, than drop fast. I´m okay with the movie, but don´t think it deserves huge sales.
Kinda like X-Men and X2.;)

I believe it's time for the ones who slammed X3 saying it would bomb to now eat their words. ;)

shouldn't these amazing sales be some kind of indication that the X-men (team movies) are not dead...wtf FOX! They had high expectations for the DVD release, and it exceeded those expectations?!?! A light bulb should be turning on in Rothman's head somewhere...'Does this mean the people still might want to see an X4?'....X3DVD is gonna own October...and November and December. They got a headstart compared to previous Xmen DVD releases and its paying off.

GhostPoet said:
I believe it's time for the ones who slammed X3 saying it would bomb to now eat their words. ;)
Agreed. They said it would bomb at the box office and bomb on dvd sales...WRONG!

yup!!!! i knew this movie and franchise would be a big success...now imagine if Marvel got the rights.......that would have been awesome

how did Fox get X rights if they DIDN'T want it in the 1st place?

Proves that the general audience will like anything now adays......

Hopefully they will be no X4

Mike059jig said:
Proves that the general audience will like anything now adays......

Hopefully they will be no X4

I want an X4. I just don't want it with Fox, Ratner, Penn, or Kinberg anywhere near it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"