• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Red Dead Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its left rather ambiguous, i'm sure Rockstar would happily have it open to interpretation.

Well its left rather ambiguous, i'm sure Rockstar would happily have it open to interpretation.

Yea which is what i think they did. I dont think they even have a definitive answer. Its just left up to each player.

RDR is in the Final 4 for G4's Videogame deathmatch and as much as I love RDR, it's no Mass Effect 2.

RDR is in the Final 4 for G4's Videogame deathmatch and as much as I love RDR, it's no Mass Effect 2.

Mass Effect 2 was fantastic, but id be willing to bet quite a large sum of money that RDR will take the overall GoTY award at the Interactive Achievement Awards show, come Feb. In fact, i think it'll pull and Uncharted 2 and sweep most of the awards.

Eh i still dont buy that. I dont believe it's God, i don't believe there are ghosts. Its just a manifestation of Johns conscience.

I still think you're trying way too hard to make this game seem more realistic than it actually it is, blatantly ignoring the minimal supernatural elements that are there. Red Dead is NOT realistic, its era authentic, there's a huge difference.

I still think you're trying way too hard to make this game seem more realistic than it actually it is, blatantly ignoring the minimal supernatural elements that are there. Red Dead is NOT realistic, its era authentic, there's a huge difference.

And I think you are trying way too hard to insert supernatural elements that don't exist. It goes both ways. I'm not changing my stance that all those odd occurrences are nothing more than a form of dimentia that John is dealing with due to his lifestyle. Rockstar left it ambiguous on purpose.

Last edited:
I just got the game, really addictive. I've probably spent more time gambling and hunting then I have doing the story missions thus far. I just have so much fun roaming the country side and running into random people who need help or outlaws that are out to get me.

Not to mention the fact that the world is gorgeous and really makes you feel like a lone cowboy out in the wild west. RDR was one of the few games I actually wanted to complete all the optional stuff in. I'm blowing through Modern Warfare 2 right now without a care in the world for all the secret intelligence things I'm missing, but not being able to find bears for one of the hunting challenges in RDR drove me crazy enough to just head out and ride around looking for hours. :)

Not to mention the fact that the world is gorgeous and really makes you feel like a lone cowboy out in the wild west. RDR was one of the few games I actually wanted to complete all the optional stuff in. I'm blowing through Modern Warfare 2 right now without a care in the world for all the secret intelligence things I'm missing, but not being able to find bears for one of the hunting challenges in RDR drove me crazy enough to just head out and ride around looking for hours. :)

Agreed. This is also one of the biggest games iv played where I rarely used fast travel. I loved just riding through the west and into Mexico seeing the land change as I crossed the boarder. Just a beautiful game.

Oh, I used fast travel a lot eventually. As lovely as the world is, spending five minutes riding from place to place starts to add up to a great deal of monotony after you've been playing for like 30 hours. :D

I make pick this up again if my buddy grabs RDR cause I'd do the coop dlc with him.

Oh, I used fast travel a lot eventually. As lovely as the world is, spending five minutes riding from place to place starts to add up to a great deal of monotony after you've been playing for like 30 hours. :D

I dont think i used fast travel at all until i finished most of the game, which, like you ended up being around the 30 hour mark. I still dont use it that often tho, i like just riding around the world, makes you feel more like you are a part of it, plus i like the random events.

Travelling from Escalara to Blackwater I was all about fast travel.

I found I fast-traveled in Mexico a lot more overall. The roads down there are utter s***, so trying to ride across them quickly is tough. West Elizabeth, on the other hand, I tended to ride around a lot. There's something oddly peaceful about clopping past Manzanita Post and seeing everything slowly turn white and dead-silent.

Yeah, the world is unbelievable, and even more engrossing than GTA4. I spent alot of time on Poker (my fave game, esp. with the suit on), although I usually fail on other mini-games so I don't even bother. Too much stuff to do including hunting and picking plants, so right now I just want to complete the missions so I can unlock more areas. It is fun to just ride your horse from one end to the other, and encounter all the random events along the way.

I didn't mind the sharpshooting or the hunter challenges but seriously those survivalist challenges were for the birds. :down

I became addicted to five finger felay upon beginning it...Yeah, at first I sucked but then I kept at it over and over and now the rhythm is easy to maintain for me. Not to mention it was a good way to get some cash. Poker is always fun and I found Liar's Dice also enjoyable despite being easy.

I loved all the challenges for the Legend of the West outfit. They made you earn it and at the end of it all I felt just that...a legend. The only real thing that bugged me was the picking of the flowers. All those ****ing flowers. For that, I used fast travel. But the hunting of animals I loved. Buying your own bait, checking off what you've just hunted and I didn't even mind dying by a cougar when hunting something else (always saved before moving on, just in case). It just made me want to keep going.

All this talk makes me want to play it again..might just do that after finishing up Call of Duty: Black Ops.

I love the second level of Dead Eye. Even when I was hunting rabbits, I'd kick it in just for the fun of it. Speaking of having to hunt the rabbits for the Hunter challenge, that was a real pain! Once I got that challenge, I never saw a single damn rabbit for the longest time. Thankfully I stumbled on a family of them and murdered them all. :o

I love the second level of Dead Eye. Even when I was hunting rabbits, I'd kick it in just for the fun of it. Speaking of having to hunt the rabbits for the Hunter challenge, that was a real pain! Once I got that challenge, I never saw a single damn rabbit for the longest time. Thankfully I stumbled on a family of them and murdered them all. :o

Yeah, that second level of dead eye just feels great. I almost wish there was no third level of it. While it makes it easier to kill off groups of guys, it just didn't feel as authentic as that second level.

Price dropped on this (used) at work, picked it up tonight (...again) for the PS3 since no one on my XBL friends list plays anything outside of Reach (which I enjoy) or Black Ops (which I hate).

I'll pick up UDN at a later time.

I just beat the game and wow...what an emotional roller coaster. I thought for sure it was going to end like
Butch Cassiday and the Sundance Kid, with John bursting out of the barn with his guns blazing and the screen just fading out.
Great ending though, can't wait to play Undead Nightmare now.

Funny enough, the saddest moment of the game for me was when Bonnie met Abigail, she looked so damn sad haha.

I just got this for christmas and have not been able to stop playing. It's the best game I've played in....ever. It's just awesome.

If they make a DLC it should either be a prequel with John in the gang or a sequel about Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"