Red Dead Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
it gets the job done and counts, PP

come talk to me when your football team makes it to a BCS game

Its still not the b***h way tho.

Be a man, kill it with a knife, not a shotgun AND a knife.

Dude, stop playing Red Dead. Now.

Everytime you talk about Red Dead, you turn into an *******.

Btw, "Be a man"? It's a video game, dude. Sorry if I exploded your thought of reality right there.

Last edited:
Dude, stop playing Read Dead. Now.

Everytime you talk about Red Dead, you turn into an *******.

Btw, "Be a man"? It's a video game, dude. Sorry if I exploded your thought of reality right there.
Lol, ya.

Play the game however you want to have fun. If being a 'man' in the game requires you to do something I consider tedious, I say **** it. Use the weapons at your disposal.

Dude, stop playing VIDEO GAMES Now.

Everytime you talk about VIDEO GAMES, you turn into an *******.

Fixed....

My Xbox Live started working for the first time since the summer anyone want to do some free roam or etc.?

Having just finished the game I have to say I like it. I like it very much.

I would have reduced the time spent in Mexico though and made Blackwater longer and maybe made the final "farm" sequence a tad shorter. That was really the only thing that put a damper on my experience but otherwise a very good game and one that I seriously enjoyed.

I have to say some of John's lines to Irish were hilarious.

Having just finished the game I have to say I like it. I like it very much.

I would have reduced the time spent in Mexico though and made Blackwater longer and maybe made the final "farm" sequence a tad shorter.

I just finished it last week. While I agree with giving you more time in Blackwater... I disagree with less time on the farm. The family time on the farm is a huge component of what sets up the emotional impact. I don't think I've ever found myself in tears while playing a game, but I most certainly did in this case. It was a deeper, different kind of sadness that only the brilliance in the design of the virtual experience gives you. Mostly it was over Jack. It wasn't the life John wanted for him.

I didn't mind the actual interaction so much as I didn't really feel like breaking horses or herding cattle, I could have done without the actual chores.

Herding cattle is such a pain in the ass. Same with the horses

Herding cattle is such a pain in the ass. Same with the horses

Yeah. It's not fun. Whenever that mission(s) came up (all three times) I almost threw my controller across the room.

I want to shoot crap, not herd it.

It took me close to 45 minutes to do that first horse lasso mission. Pain in the ass

Just finished the story and I must say, WOW. Really great game. Spent much of the past week with it and it was worth it. The ending wasn't what I expected, but I guess it made sense.

And having just finished GTA IV recently, while I can see a lot of similarities in the gameplay and style, I think this definitely deserve to be in a category of it's on as opposed to being "GTA in the Wild West".

Just finished the story and I must say, WOW. Really great game. Spent much of the past week with it and it was worth it. The ending wasn't what I expected, but I guess it made sense.

".
if you say that, than you haven't finished it

It ends with "RED DEAD REDEMPTION" on the screen and credits. Did you get that? If someone says spoiler Ima freak.

Interesting. I actually found the breaking in of horses and herding cattle to be fun. I wish there were side jobs (like breaking horses, or nightwatch jobs) for herding cattle, because I enjoyed it.

I killed the bear with my melee knife. Pain the ****ing ass, took me forever. At one point, while trying to kill one bear, and barely surviving the attack, another bear managed to jump at me from behind killing me.

But, I got it and completed every challenge. Unlocking the Legend of the West outfit...except now I can't wear the thing. I'm currently going for 100% completion. I'm like at 86%, all I need to do now is win at poker about three different times for different outfits and finish missions for Jack, Abigail, and Uncle.

That and I guess finish the Bounty Hunter jobs. But, the poker thing has slowed me down considerably.

Last edited:
I killed the bear with my melee knife. Pain the ****ing ass, took me forever. At one point, while trying to kill one bear, and barely surviving the attack, another bear managed to jump at me from behind killing me.

I spent a good 20 minutes slowly chasing a wounded bear, getting him briefly trapped on a tree or wall and slashing him once, and then chasing him more. It took for ever because it kept getting running away.

f that noise...two or three blasts with a shot gun then a quick stab...and done

I don't understand the difficulty in killing the bear. Call me unmanly all you want, but I used dead eye and shot in in the head like 4 times. Down for the count.

I think they're talking about the killing a bear with a knife challenege

I don't understand the difficulty in killing the bear. Call me unmanly all you want, but I used dead eye and shot in in the head like 4 times. Down for the count.

There's a hunter challenge for killing a bear with a knife, which is what we're talking about. Of course it's easy to kill one with 4 shots to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"