Red Sonja

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by mclay18, Nov 12, 2018.

1. terry78 LET'S FOSSILIZE 'EM!

It'll be some unknown who isn't in the scene.

2. samsnee Ok

Then you might as well send it straight to DVD.

3. harlequinade The May Queen

Lindsay Lohan

Flash525 and scarlet-witch like this.
  4. Boom I got nothin'

Basically they are keeping Singer on-board because of how much money Bohemian Rhapsody made - which of course has more to do with the popularity of Queen than it has anything to do with Bryan Singer, but I digress.

Lerner is drunk on cough syrup if he thinks Red Sonja is sniffing even a fraction of Bohemian Rhapsody's box office haul.

5. Blackman C'mon Son

I mean even if you even don't believe the 3+ lawsuits of sexual harrassment that Singer has gotten and the 4 people who alleges that Singer assaulted them while underage...they had to have heard what happened on the set of BH and how he acted unprofessionally on it.
    Who in the right mind thinks: "Yeah that's our guy"

6. Dr. Unknown Toronto member

Flash525 likes this.
  7. The Chris TDK Trilogy Forever!

I don't get this at all, both because of the accusations (both sexual and work rate wise) AND because he doesn't fit the material either. Why not try for Zack Snyder or think outside the box with Nicolas Winding Refn or something?

They're asking for a lot of trouble for no good reason at all

MadderMaximus likes this.
  8. Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

I don't agree with cyberbullying actors who work with so-and-so (or "putting them on blast" or however you want to dress it up), but at the same time The Chris is exactly right in why are they so determined to keep Singer when not only does he have this shadow hanging over him but he also got fired from his last movie for being MIA half the time?

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

What happens if no actress agrees to work on this production? What are they going to do then? Cast a man?

10. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Yeah, Hollywood is a tough business. I mean, we shouldn't attack those who submitted to the "casting couch", as they were the victims. The only people who should be attacked are the ones who are keeping Singer in the director chair.

11. Heretic Registered

They will find an actress. It's not going to be...and never would be... A list talent. It's freaking Red Sonja. But you dangle a "franchise" in front of most actresses and they will want to take it.

The public has known about Singer's alleged history of child molestation for many years. If the actors who worked with him did not know then I find it almost impossible to believe that their agents did not. So, either they should fire their agents for not telling them, or...more likely...they knew as well and just decided to take the gig. As I said before, Sophie Turner is likely already being eyed to star in it, and she worked with Singer years after I...a guy with no connection to the movie industry...knew about the allegations.

12. Boom I got nothin'

And this is why Social Justice Warriors get a bad rap.

Elayis and OutOfBoose like this.
  13. kvz5 HBIC

No way Sophie Turner would agree. She’s not that dumb and she’s not that desperate. They will probably get an unknown actress. The best they can hope for is a CW level one.

14. Heretic Registered

X-Men: Apocalypse happened. Singer's alleged history of child molestation was well known at the time that Sophie Turner starred in that.

However...IF...and that is a big IF...this story stays in the news and actually doesn't get swept under the rug by Hollywood AGAIN...then I could see even mid-level actresses being afraid to take the gig. I just am not confident that Hollywood will stay focused on the safety of children this time when they have not done so in the past. So...IF this has legs, then I'll agree with you and it will likely fall to someone on the level of, say, Riverdale's Madelaine Petsch.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Maybe Elena Satine? She's CW level. She played Mera in Smallville, Enchantress's sister (I forget her name) in Agents of SHIELD and she was on Revenge:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This seems like something she could be interested in, and if Singer can only get someone of this calibre, then she would fit the bill.

16. Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Because a lot of the time it's a lot more about the attention and feeling self-righteous.

#41 Schlosser85, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  17. Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Good luck to the cast. They'll need it.

Singer always made me uncomfortable. He just has that look about him.

18. Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Yea Singer just has a super smarmy face.

19. kvz5 HBIC

The difference, I think, between then and now is that it's being put on full blast now and the media (particularly social media) are way more involved. Singer's molestation accusations before are widespread but only in Hollywood circles and only spoken through "whispers". Unless you follow Hollywood news extensively, you wouldn't have heard of it. But now, it's being reported in the news and and the GA is more involved. Any actress who takes on the role will be hammered on social media as being complicit especially if she's one that's promoting a "woke" image. And she can't use the ghost of Freddie Mercury as a shield like what Malek is doing now. :p

I do wonder too about how far this will go though. I mean it's clear that he has powerful supporters (as evidenced by this project still being his') and I think this is one of those situations where Hollywood is afraid that by taking him down, a lot of other (way more) powerful people will be dragged down as well. At the end of the day, it's all about looking after one's self and I can see a lot of these Hollywood bigwigs being very afraid. I mean, all you have to do is look at Singer's circle of friends and collaborators.

20. harlequinade The May Queen

Millennium is behind the new Hellboy movie so that's one more thing against that film now

21. DarkKnight88 Registered

Bet Singer has a pay or play clause when he signed the contract, so of course Lerner isn’t going to dump him and still have to pay him 10M.

22. James.B In search of the absurd

Millennium’s ‘Red Sonja’ Movie Put On Back Burner Amid Bryan Singer Controversy

Millennium Films’ Red Sonja film with Bryan Singer is being put on the back burner. After the movie was on the slate last year at the American Film Market, the prolific U.S. mini-studio has told us, “the project is not on the slate at the moment and is not for sale at the EFM in Berlin.”

Embattled Bohemian Rhapsody director Singer has not been formally removed from Red Sonja, but Millennium’s statement seems to at least acknowledge the filmmaker may not be the right fit for the movie at this juncture.

Dark Raven likes this.
  23. Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Anthony Rapp is a victim of sexual abuse and you're really calling him an SJW? Take a break.

harlequinade likes this.
  24. Boom I got nothin'

I was not aware of that. Fair enough.

However, calling for someone to be harassed on social media for taking work? Sorry, I will not throw in for that.

Elayis and Schlosser85 like this.
  25. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

He's not allowed to be wrong?

The dynamics of Hollywood being what they are, attacking those who would work with him is wrong.

Schlosser85 likes this.