Red Sonja

If he is really gone, could we then maybe get this god damn thing going now.
Damn, im in desperate need for such a movie...they already waste way too much time doing nothing with the King Conan movie.
I need some barbaric, hard hitting action movie with swords and s***.

Well it was inevitable.

His name being on it after these past couple years was kind of a poison.

So, the studio really wanted to work with this human garbage, but had to fire him because they couldnt get the film out. Not exactly a great reason for me to support the film now.

However, go nuts with this...just full on out there fantasy. Someone earlier suggested Panos Cosmatos...that sounds crazy enough to work.

I figured they'd go with a female for this one. Guys write Red Sonja as a pretty progressive character but she could easily fall into fanservice territory.

It makes sense for a woman to direct. It made no sense at all for Bryan Singer of all people to direct.

Now we better not get anyone like Ruby Rose as Red Sonja.

And probably getting a paltry amount compared to Singer.

Now we better not get anyone like Ruby Rose as Red Sonja.

Casting call: Extra tall ladies of a certain age - e.g., Ireland Baldwin, Elizabeth Debicki, etc.? :shrug:

And if the character has red hair, I suppose that means the Caucasian persuasion? :shrug:

Casting call: Extra tall ladies of a certain age - e.g., Ireland Baldwin, Elizabeth Debicki, etc.? :shrug:

And if the character has red hair, I suppose that means the Caucasian persuasion? :shrug:

I don't think she has to be super tall. Elizabeth Debicki is 6'3". Whoever plays Red Sonja could be as tall as Gal Gadot at 5'10".

Should she be young in her early 20s, or more established and in her 30s?

Cool... I guess. But this is the same studio that initially hired Singer for the movie despite the allegations against him and that (even worse!) recently made Hellboy, which was really bad apparently.

Also who is that woman, I don't know them (notice how I'm using the right pronouns, I'm so woke). Some people on Twitter are not happy about this

She created Transparent on Amazon.

I used to like Marvel Comics Red Sonja stuff and I like what little I've read of her since she's been with Dynamite. I'd love a really good Red Sonja movie but I can't escape the feeling that this will be a letdown. Really hope I'm wrong.

She created Transparent on Amazon.
Just looked the show up. Jeffrey Tambor plays a trans woman in it. I think I know why some people are mad now. It seems like the show itself is good, though.

I really wouldn't mind a decent Red Sonja movie, but I do not dare get my hopes up.

Cool... I guess. But this is the same studio that initially hired Singer for the movie despite the allegations against him and that (even worse!) recently made Hellboy, which was really bad apparently.

Also who is that woman, I don't know them (notice how I'm using the right pronouns, I'm so woke). Some people on Twitter are not happy about this

If people are upset on Twitter...then that's probably a good thing.

I'll tell you the types I don't want for this role: Sophie Turner, Saoirse Ronan or Karen Gillan. I'd rather have someone more exotic. All three of them would make it feel too much like it's a Celtic tale.

lol i figured those three would be right at the top of the list.

I know she's a very predictable choice, but

7f9303bb93032af101ad148948774032--dragon-rider-retelling.jpg

Unfortunately she's probably too old by Hollywood standards.

If people are upset on Twitter...then that's probably a good thing.
To be fair it's only a few people. I don't know enough about the situation to have an opinion on it.

Last edited:
lol i figured those three would be right at the top of the list.

I'm not saying that I'd want her, but more someone like Alicia Vikander or that kind of European feel. Or even someone like Sofia Boutella. Either a more Nordic or more Mediterranean feel.

Just looked the show up. Jeffrey Tambor plays a trans woman in it. I think I know why some people are mad now. It seems like the show itself is good, though.

I really wouldn't mind a decent Red Sonja movie, but I do not dare get my hopes up.

She did not handle the first reports about Tambor real well. That, I think is the main reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"