Regarding my "unexplained lifeform" thread that a MOD took down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I would think it's a misunderstanding as well. I misunderstand what SsM says all the time. He's very misunderstood.

I've made a misunderstanding of your misunderstood nature.

I've confused myself.

You should change your underwear after confusing yourself. You don't want that to fester.

Two things, if you have an issue you come to me or another Admin and do not post PM's as that is against the rules.

We are taking a closer look at it now but this kind of thing does not help matters at all. Ive seen the vid and it's certainly not something we want linked here. However I don't think it is feces with worms in it as 'Fire had thought.

Most of you here know 'Fire and know he's a damn good mod, this public kangaroo court is neither warranted or appreciated.

Yes, you're making it worse. Changing your shorts will make it better.

I made a joke on the initial thread about how I thought I'd been goatse'd by the video. I hope nobody took that seriously.

My reasoning was this..frankly, I just didn't know what the hell that thing was. My inital reaction was perhaps maggot infested feces, or something else..I dunno. I'm not that creative.
The grossness of it all, combined with having been around here as long as I have, I certainly knew that was something that ought not be linked here.

It was then my judgment to rule this as an Inappropriate Video, and I hit the infraction accordingly. Most of you know me well enough to know I don't rush into bans or infractions for the sake of power.

I called what I felt was the proper call. That's all I can really say.

This is true... I think 'Fire is the only mod here who hasn't infracted me. He is a good mod. Plus, his name is Immortalfire and he drives a Pontiac SunFire. That's got to mean something.

My reasoning was this..frankly, I just didn't know what the hell that thing was. My inital reaction was perhaps maggot infested feces, or something else..I dunno. I'm not that creative.
The grossness of it all, combined with having been around here as long as I have, I certainly knew that was something that ought not be linked here.

It was then my judgment to rule this as an Inappropriate Video, and I hit the infraction accordingly. Most of you know me well enough to know I don't rush into bans or infractions for the sake of power.

I called what I felt was the proper call. That's all I can really say.

So you hate nature?

This is true... I think 'Fire is the only mod here who hasn't infracted me. He is a good mod. Plus, his name is Immortalfire and he drives a Pontiac SunFire. That's got to mean something.

Yeah, I thought it was odd that someone accused him of "flexing mod muscle"

Despite what it is, it is kind of disgusting. The movements it made is the result of maybe one worm twitching, which simultaneously moves all the coiled worms. Thus making it look like some wierd looking creature.

Two things, if you have an issue you come to me or another Admin and do not post PM's as that is against the rules.

We are taking a closer look at it now but this kind of thing does not help matters at all. Ive seen the vid and it's certainly not something we want linked here. However I don't think it is feces with worms in it as 'Fire had thought.

Most of you here know 'Fire and know he's a damn good mod, this public kangaroo court is neither warranted or appreciated.

As always I mean only the up most respect in my following post,

I love me some Immortalfire, but E.Brock clearly has a case here. I can somewhat understand the removal of the video and the closing of the thread, but the infraction was totally over the line.

There was nothing inherently offensive about the video posted. If think anyone who viewed the thread, would see it blatantly obvious that the poster was not intending on breaking any rules.

Now I understand your point as well, that the poster should come to you instead of making a thread - but as evident by his 837 post count it is fair to surmise that it is like E.Brock is only a casual poster who has little knowledge of Hype politics or chain of command.

I would think that it would be in the Hype Staff's interest to attempt to display empathy when dealing with posters, especially when the subject is how they respond to an obviously controversial infraction directed at themselves.

I was also of the belief that the "no posting PM" rule was directed exclusively at received PM's - not ones a poster sends. If infractions are included in this rule, I find that troubling because that would mean that ones options in objecting to infractions received are limited. Since the objective of the "no posting PM" rule was to prevent the thoughts of others sent privately to another poster from being made public, I don't understand how posting an infraction (not a private thought) would fall under the same protections.

While I would never want to dictate Hype policy, it would seem this thread would have a fair home in the Community Feedback thread - reducing the effect you very adequately described as a "kangaroo court".

See, now I'm curious... but I'm at work and can't view youtube. Will someone please describe the video in mindblowing detail in 100 words or less so that I can form a visual gag reflex type scenario in my brainy brain? That would be swell. kthanxbai.

As always I mean only the up most respect in my following post,

I love me some Immortalfire, but E.Brock clearly has a case here. I can somewhat understand the removal of the video and the closing of the thread, but the infraction was totally over the line.

There was nothing inherently offensive about the video posted. If think anyone who viewed the thread, would see it blatantly obvious that the poster was not intending on breaking any rules.

Now I understand your point as well, that the poster should come to you instead of making a thread - but as evident by his 837 post count it is fair to surmise that it is like E.Brock is only a casual poster who has little knowledge of Hype politics or chain of command.

I would think that it would be in the Hype Staff's interest to attempt to display empathy when dealing with posters, especially when the subject is how they respond to an obviously controversial infraction directed at themselves.

I was also of the belief that the "no posting PM" rule was directed exclusively at received PM's - not ones a poster sends. If infractions are included in this rule, I find that troubling because that would mean that ones options in objecting to infractions received are limited. Since the objective of the "no posting PM" rule was to prevent the thoughts of others sent privately to another poster from being made public, I don't understand how posting an infraction (not a private thought) would fall under the same protections.

While I would never want to dictate Hype policy, it would seem this thread would have a fair home in the Community Feedback thread - reducing the effect you very adequately described as a "kangaroo court".
:up: I agree, some posts can be omitted though...

See, now I'm curious... but I'm at work and can't view youtube. Will someone please describe the video in mindblowing detail in 100 words or less so that I can form a visual gag reflex type scenario in my brainy brain? That would be swell. kthanxbai.

Ever see the movie THE BLOB.....think that with veins all over it.....pulsing.

ok, case closed.....questions answered....

Okay, I usually don't like to bump closed threads out of respect for my fellow Red Fonts and the issues they've already dealt with, but.....

"Public kangaroo court" might be the best phrase of 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"