Release Date Change...are you happy?

Reek

_____
Reaction score
im pretty glad they pushed the release date back. that way over a year to develop the movie will be awesome...we will get a good 2h 15 min movie im sure now. vegeta could even be in it now.

I'm happy only because the biggest concern of mine (time) is now no longer a factor. At this point, all I have to wait and see is how good the story/script is.

This is very good, maybe we will get good SFX and they will be able to do more re-shoots if they are needed and that gets us better performances.

im pretty glad they pushed the release date back. that way over a year to develop the movie will be awesome...we will get a good 2h 15 min movie im sure now. vegeta could even be in it now.
tehy pushed the date back. they didnt said that they will spend more money.

2 15 movie? come on now. this is FOX. the third x-men movie was not long. FF2,..... hitman,.......

there is no way that FOX would make a long DB movie.

tehy pushed the date back. they didnt said that they will spend more money.

2 15 movie? come on now. this is FOX. the third x-men movie was not long. FF2,..... hitman,.......

there is no way that FOX would make a long DB movie.

Yeah, I highly doubt the film will be longer than 95 minutes...100 tops. I think this delay means better post-production and some reshoots. Fine with me. I'll wait.

honestly, i don't care. the way the film is being handled is already a big disappointment for me. the only reasons i really wanna see this movie is for the action and the Rossum and i can wait an extra year for that...

They're not spending any more money, so please, please, please stop saying how happy you guys are with the improved fx. I'm pretty sure they won't add anything to the movie just because of the new release date.

Anyways, I'm not happy with the new release date and neither should you. Just try to convince me though, 'cause I really don't see the bright side of it.

They're not spending any more money, so please, please, please stop saying how happy you guys are with the improved fx. I'm pretty sure they won't add anything to the movie just because of the new release date.

Anyways, I'm not happy with the new release date and neither should you. Just try to convince me though, 'cause I really don't see the bright side of it.
QFT.

This movie will be done in like 5 months, and then they will wait until FOX wants to release it.

I still say the extra time will do some good in some way.

It's not like the film reel will just sit around for the next year.... SOME things will have to have been done that wouldn't have happened if the movie released in august.

I think its good move. August is basically late summer. That time of year is bad from films (until the holidays). Schools and calsses are starting again and people are working again.

Thats stupid. Yeah, so the film will finish the same time but be released 8 months later. . .

:whatever:

The fact is that the film was being SEVERELY rushed. Nw it can breathe. People can take their time and it wont cost FOX 200 million dollars to complete on time.

I'm happy with the delay :)

Thats stupid. Yeah, so the film will finish the same time but be released 8 months later. . .

:whatever:

The fact is that the film was being SEVERELY rushed. Nw it can breathe. People can take their time and it wont cost FOX 200 million dollars to complete on time.

Agreed. If at the very least the FX should be excellent with the added time, and now they can promote like they should.

For all of you saying they won't spend extra money, your right. Then going and saying that they won't improve the film? Thats ******ed. I think they will take the time to edit it properly now and the FX team will have time to improve upon what they have created already with out making it look super cartoony. More advertisement can be done, we all know that is one thing FOX can do look at every film they hype, the **** out of, Jumper was advertised on every channel all the time. So in the long run this is a very good move.

Jumper was marketed heavily but will hardly make back its budget domestically. Overseas the flick is doing very well though and should crack around 155-165 million.

For all of you saying they won't spend extra money, your right. Then going and saying that they won't improve the film? Thats ******ed. I think they will take the time to edit it properly now and the FX team will have time to improve upon what they have created already with out making it look super cartoony. More advertisement can be done, we all know that is one thing FOX can do look at every film they hype, the **** out of, Jumper was advertised on every channel all the time. So in the long run this is a very good move.

Exactly. Remember, X3 had more than 6 months of post and still didn't have time for a true Phoenix effect. If they had more time not only would they have been able to do it, but it wouldn't have cost them so much. X3's budget was north of $210 million. If that film wasn't rushed not only would the budget have been less, but the FX would have been MUCH better.

Anyone here who's worked on any kind of project knows the more time put into it, the better it comes out in the end. that's why I'm liking this move.

not always.
what about ghost rider?
if this was true then ghost rider would have groundbreaking effect.s

I'm kinda sad they pushed it back.

I mean it's great that the production will have more time to get things done better. (Doesn't mean right, it ain't right unless I see a Bald-Six-dotted man)

But I was really looking forward to seeing this in August.

Oh, so instead of the movie coming out and sucking in August it will suck in April. I'll have many more months of crying over how much one of my favorite animated show's movie will blow. Good to know!

That's unfortunate for you. :(

Oh, so instead of the movie coming out and sucking in August it will suck in April. I'll have many more months of crying over how much one of my favorite animated show's movie will blow. Good to know!

You always this cynical?

You always this cynical?
I'm not a cynical person really...okay when it comes to movies I kinda am, when it comes to movie versions of my favorite story and characters always, because I've been mostly let down.

In my opinion the movie is staring and vapid annoying as hell actor, the story sounds stupid, cliched and doesn't sound like Dragonball as much as a bastardtazation of it and the director is terrible. Stephen Chow isn't the director so he isn't going to help the suckage much. At most he's going to lend the movie so cool looking special effects in the fight scenes, unfortunately that alone doesn't make a movie good.

Fox will do the same thing as it does with all of it's movies make an hour in the half vapid wasteland with no character development.

I can't wait.

Finally a good movie by Fox!
Pushing the movie ahead in the right way. A chance they did NOT even give the orginal Xmen.
Imagine how good that would have turned out had they done this for Brian Singer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"