Sequels Release dates for Wolverine 3 & X-Force?

I know there's bound to be release dates shifted, but I didn't realize how many spots had already been claimed for 2016. We don't know much about X-Force and Wolverine 4, but I think X-Force could work in March and W3 in late November (both 2016). I would put W3 in December but I think Avatar 2 comes out then? I don't see how either film could fit in May, June, or July with a Marvel film already slotted in each. It's still a lifetime away though, many things can change.

obviously you wouldnt accept a comment like that.

anyway.... superherohype users, lets keep reading a just two users conversation for the next 6 months.

I would accept any comment from you, you're the voice of reason and you're so over-the-top, it makes me laugh.

Inless Fox schedules an X-Men film for Christmas I think they will keep them In Summer.

Ctaching fire domesticly has hurt Thor 2.

If wolverine comes out In 2016 I can Imagine Fox giving them the Independence day spot.

No X-Men spinoff will carry an Independence Day spot. That's the defacto Will Smith release date, although he may have lost that in recent years. There is no reason for Wolverine 3 to be released in the peak season. He needs room to breathe and needs to be far away from other mainstream CB movies, so audiences do not feel the fatigue. As far as X-Force, it depends on what kind of budget they give that thing. If Cable is the main guy and they honor the backstory, then I try to get Cyclops and Jean in it as cameos, if not supporting characters. X-Force would be a future film IMO, and Cable would travel through time physically, although you don't want to overuse the time travel device. If they can get Renolds back as Deadpool, along with a big actor like Brolin or Butler for Cable, then that's enough to carry X-Force without cameoing the familiar faces up the whazoo. Renolds vs Butler would be pretty sick now that I think about it.

not to mention a hot current actress for Domino, and maybe a great asian one for Psylocke.

Fox could easily get an awesome cast for X-Force that could atract general audience and comic fans alike.

Away from catching fire thor might have done 250 million domesticly Instead of looking to finish domesticly 225 domesticly.

I am still skeptical Independece day sequel will be out In 2016,and even if it does It's still up in the air rather will Smith returns.

Away from catching fire thor might have done 250 million domesticly Instead of looking to finish domesticly 225 domesticly.

I think TDW would have had a similar drop regardless. If Catching Fire did hurt it, its in no significant way, and the ww numbers more then make up for it.

Good luck finding a release date with 3-4 weeks to yourself around no big films. Thor was lucky it had 2. Its release date was fine. Alot of people may have just hyped up those over predicted numbers. Should cross 600m soon and Im sure the studio is more then happy with that.

Last edited:
Marvel has had the right idea in releasing the big blockbuster event movies in summer, and mostly keeping the smaller solo films for other times of the year. I think that makes sense. Thor is, arguably, big enough now to be a summer movie but Captain America, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, are not. Even the Guardians movie is in August, at the end of the summer season - and it could even work in an even later slot, or in spring.

They could release Wolverine 3 outside the summer movie season. If they ever do a Deadpool movie, that would be fine for an autumn/winter release.

I'm not sure about when they should release X Force. It doesn't scream 'summer blockbuster' to me, though we haven't had any cast or story confirmed yet. It depends how it is being developed - as an event movie or a spin-off or the next phase of X-Men.

Agreed, except for Cap. I think that would play strong anywhere given the characters returning in that one. Its the most Avenger centric between the three right now. Be interesting how AntMan and GOTG play.

I have a feeling X-Force is gonna come across like X-Men meets GI Joe. Probably be more on the action side of things with lots of sword, powers, tough as nails attitiude and guns on display. Joe did pretty solid in March...

Last edited:
No X-Men spinoff will carry an Independence Day spot. That's the defacto Will Smith release date, although he may have lost that in recent years. There is no reason for Wolverine 3 to be released in the peak season. He needs room to breathe and needs to be far away from other mainstream CB movies, so audiences do not feel the fatigue.

Blockbuster fatigue usually happens around in late July and August. Releasing it earlier would avoid the "blockbuster fatigue". The Wolverine didn't perform that well in the U.S. with the late July release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"