Religion Which One Is Right If Any

The only things as humans that we should be concerned about are common sense things. Organized religion wasnt the first to say that stealing is wrong. Its wasnt the first to say murder is wrong. Its human nature to know that. Just go about your life being a good human, and you will live a great life.

The only things as humans that we should be concerned about are common sense things. Organized religion wasnt the first to say that stealing is wrong. Its wasnt the first to say murder is wrong. Its human nature to know that. Just go about your life being a good human, and you will live a great life.
It is really scary when you hear religious people saying that we get our sense of morality from their religions/Gods.

I do not worship their Gods, and I despise their religions. I get my idea that it's wrong to kill other people, or to steal their stuff, or to lie to them, from EMPATHY.
I don't like being hurt, and I don't want to make other people hurt in the ways that I don't want to be hurt.
I just FEEL that way, it's not blind obedience to Jesus' "Golden Rule".

This suggests that THEY have no empathy, only adhere to a sense of morality to avoid punishment, and if there WAS no God or Bible, they'd be rampaging, looting, raping, pillaging, killing, indiscriminately, because, WHY NOT?! There's no Heaven, Hell, God or Bible.

It's bizarre.

Last time I checked, I don't think anyone definitively MET God, or the higher power . . . so none of the above is the correct answer . . . although I hold buddhism in a high regard . . .

For me it's Christianity, but for me the right religion is the one in which you feel the most inner enlightenment from. It's a personal opinion here rather than an absolute fact. (I'm not one of those "OMG You're going to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus!" type Christians. Wilhelm will be all "but you have to to be a true Christian OMGWTFLOLZRS," but I can believe what I want.)

(I'm not one of those "OMG You're going to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus!" type Christians. Wilhelm will be all "but you have to to be a true Christian OMGWTFLOLZRS," but I can believe what I want.)
I didn't say you're going to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus.
JESUS did. :huh:
Take it up with him if you believe he's real.

The irony is, people in general and sadly christians for that matter won't complain about this pic, yet, if it were some how refrencing Islam, the mods would be on this like Jenna on a **** and there'd be uproar. I'm not having a gow at you because I know its all fun and games, however I do find it disrespectful and worse yet, the overall lax attitude to the mockery that the christian religion faces.

As for this thread....

deadhorse.jpg

Oh the irony, the up tight, homophobic and self-righteous Christian has the avatar of a woman's ass. I guess I'll see you in hell.

That's still disrespectful to the person. It's like saying "Yeah, you can believe anything you want, I just think that your beliefs are stupid."

Big deal, they have the right to their opinion no matter how ignorant it is. Just like I have every right to tell them that their opinion is ridiculous.
Respect is over rated.

I didn't say you're going to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus.
JESUS did. :huh:
Take it up with him if you believe he's real.

Yeah, I've started to noticed that the liberal Christians have become more liberal then their beloved savior.

Yeah, I've started to noticed that the liberal Christians have become more liberal then their beloved savior.
Haha, I know.
I wish I had a boss where I could just ignore the orders she gives that I don't like.
"Rub teak oil on the deck chairs and put them in storage."

"Well, she didn't really MEAN that I'm supposed to actually RUB teak oil ON the chairs, or physically MOVE them into the storage unit.
You're being too literal.
I think EVERYONE will get a raise, whether we actually rub the deck chairs with teak oil and put them away for winter or not."

WTF? :huh: LOL

OK I was Just Wondering What You Guys Thought About This As I'm A lapsed Catholic But Am Still Quite Agnostic So In Your Opinion what's The Best Religion And Can We Keep Try To The Six Main Organized World Religions

Christianity
Judaism
Sikhism
Buddhism
Islam
Hinduism

So, you must believe in reincarnation?

Nine times out of ten theists can get away with believing and/or saying whatever they want because it's a religious belief. Mormons are at least supposed to believe that black people are evil yet very few people call bs on their dogma. Yet the moment the KKK gets out on the streets they're (rightfully) criticized.

[YT]
zy0d1HbItOo
[/YT]

If some bum walks up to you and claims that some entity told him that gays or whatever are evil and must be punished people believe he's insane. But if Mr. Homeless man says that god told him that all of the sudden he's not schizophrenic, he's religious, and therefore we must accept his beliefs.

Forreal, these threads are plagues. Religion and politics are two subjects that should never be discussed/debated often, especially on the net. Do you, and believe what you want to believe.

The irony is, people in general and sadly christians for that matter won't complain about this pic, yet, if it were some how refrencing Islam, the mods would be on this like Jenna on a **** and there'd be uproar. I'm not having a gow at you because I know its all fun and games, however I do find it disrespectful and worse yet, the overall lax attitude to the mockery that the christian religion faces.

As for this thread....

deadhorse.jpg

So true.

Christianity is the only religion on here that I ever seen bashed mindlessly. Scientology is occasionally, but usually they just say "Oh it sucks" and move on.

Why do athiests even care to talk about Christianity if they truly don't believe it? What do they have to gain?

So true.

Christianity is the only religion on here that I ever seen bashed mindlessly. Scientology is occasionally, but usually they just say "Oh it sucks" and move on.

Why do athiests even care to talk about Christianity if they truly don't believe it? What do they have to gain?

Because stupidity and ignorance effect everyone. :up:

So does yours. I don't think I ever held a gun to you and forced you to convert. Yet, you're still an ass.

For me it's Christianity, but for me the right religion is the one in which you feel the most inner enlightenment from. It's a personal opinion here rather than an absolute fact.

very well said.
I agree it's what's right for you. it's between you and (whatever you believe in).

I don't like to be labeled but I kinda fall under the Pagan catagory.

a little info on me as I won't go too indepth here:

I don't beleive in Heaven, Hell, Satan, "God" (as in some dude in a chair on a cloud who would smite me for being gay)

I beleive in nature, energy, what goes around comes around (karma)

And ye harm none, do what thou will

=^)

So does yours. I don't think I ever held a gun to you and forced you to convert. Yet, you're still an ass.

Which would be a reason to argue your side. When people perceive ignorance, they often feel the need to argue against it, because it does effect society on the whole. That would be an answer to the question that was asked.

As far as you never holding a gun to my head to make me convert....good for you? :huh: How is that relevant?

What are you defending, exactly? What is your reason? How is a person going to church and believing in a God hurting you? How does it hurt society?

This is stupid. Christians are constantly persecuted on this site, but every other religion is thought of as brilliant and cultured.

What are you defending, exactly? What is your reason? How is a person going to church and believing in a God hurting you? How does it hurt society?

This is stupid. Christians are constantly persecuted on this site, but every other religion is thought of as brilliant and cultured.

I'd like to see where I was praising any other religion as brilliant and cultured, please.

I don't have a problem with all Christians. If you want to believe in aliens or bigfoot or the Christian god, then whatever. But when Christianity turns into a political conversion machine and tries to run my life, then I have an issue. I have equal issues with Muslims who wage Jihads on cartoonists who depict Muhammed in an unflattering manner, and other such extremist actions and beliefs.

I'd like to see where I was praising any other religion as brilliant and cultured, please.

I don't have a problem with all Christians. If you want to believe in aliens or bigfoot or the Christian god, then whatever. But when Christianity turns into a political conversion machine and tries to run my life, then I have an issue. I have equal issues with Muslims who wage Jihads on cartoonists who depict Muhammed in an unflattering manner, and other such extremist actions and beliefs.

2nd paragraph was meant to distance itself from you.

And if you don't have a problem with all Christians, don't make fun of something that ALL Christians, sane or not, hold in high regard. This is for anyone that does this.

2nd paragraph was meant to distance itself from you.

And if you don't have a problem with all Christians, don't make fun of something that ALL Christians, sane or not, hold in high regard. This is for anyone that does this.

I like to be inflammatory. Also, we have free speech- therefore I can make fun of what you hold in high regard if I so please. Just because I don't have a problem with all Christians doesn't mean I give a damn if I offend them all.

You have an unfounded persecution complex about this.

The reason it appears to be the case is because there is a vocal Christian majority here.

When raybia has created threads about Islam, we were all right there to challenge it. However, there was a lack of informative challenge, because everyone knows Biblical scripture, but few knew much about the Quran.

When Scientology is in the news, people are WAY more ruthless and unanimous in their derision and condemnation of it.

Also, there are more belief systems than just "religion".
If you believe that the moon landing was a hoax, or that 9/11 was an inside job perpetrated by a global conspiracy, believe me, you are treated like less-than-a-turd, mocked, ridiculed and gratuitously talked down to, if not simply strenuously challenged.

I like to be inflammatory. Also, we have free speech- therefore I can make fun of what you hold in high regard if I so please. Just because I don't have a problem with all Christians doesn't mean I give a damn if I offend them all.

Sorry. I was assuming you wanted to be a good person. I make that assumption too often, and the fault is mine.

You have an unfounded persecution complex about this.

The reason it appears to be the case is because there is a vocal Christian majority here.

When raybia has created threads about Islam, we were all right there to challenge it. However, there was a lack of informative challenge, because everyone knows Biblical scripture, but few knew much about the Quran.

When Scientology is in the news, people are WAY more ruthless and unanimous in their derision and condemnation of it.

Also, there are more belief systems than just "religion".
If you believe that the moon landing was a hoax, or that 9/11 was an inside job perpetrated by a global conspiracy, believe me, you are treated like less-than-a-turd, mocked, ridiculed and gratuitously talked down to, if not simply strenuously challenged.

This is a good reason, but I disagree that it is unfounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"