• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remakes you want to see.

you can remake any film but its impossible to repeat an actors performance .

Nobody wants to see a remake scene for scene unless it's remaking a 50 year old film. They tried it with Psycho and it didn't work. It was pointless. They have to be different enough, and improved enough. Each performace will always be individual which is why I enjoy watching remakes to see how another actor pulls it off.

Like Tim Burton's 1st Batman and Nolan's. Both different takes on the same character.

Haha. I'd actually like to see how the hell they'd get away with a Sleepaway Camp remake nowadays and if they could even do the same ending.

I loved the Last Starfighter. I'd actually think it'd work better as an ongoing series and extend the storyline from the film. I had the video game too.

Did you know it was also a musical? http://ascii.textfiles.com/archives/000478.html

I saw it during it's first off-Broadway run, and I thought it was god-awful, but people seem to love it. Go figure.

Liked the movie when I was kid, but it always seemed like a Star Wars/ET knockoff.

I'm surprised Soylent Green hasn't been done yet..

jason would be great

i think it's already being made though

Peter Berg is reportedly in talks to direct the remake of Dune

HOW is Jaws on that list!!!??

It's amazing people would want that film of all films to be remade. I guarantee you it would be another Deep Blue Sea and wouldn't come close to the original in lasting or liking appeal.

Peter Berg is reportedly in talks to direct the remake of Dune

That's one movie that doesn't need to be remade, and not because the prior ones were great. More along the lines of............how many times can you reshoot that borefest.

I HATED the original Dune film but loved the books. To each his own. I could see a remake of Jaws if given to the right director. However...I'd much rather see them to a classy remake of The Deep. Not crap like Into the Blue.

Conan
Ghostbusters
The Faculty
Star Wars

Yes, I said it, Star wars.

in order

Clash of the Titans
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Escape from New York
Conan the Barbarian (i prefer a sequel...&& only with arnold)

I don't want to see a single one of the available choices remade at all. In fact, I can't think of anything at the moment.

And I probably won't.

Mad Science & Back to School (or movies with similar concepts)

Cabinet of Doctor Caligari DIRECTED BY TIM BURTON!!!!

No- remake it with Tim Burton SPECIFICALLY as the director.

I don't think remakes are a bad thing, but I think discretion should be used when picking something to be remade. I mean, Jaws? Come on. Rediculous. You should remake poor films, or films with unfilled potential- and maybe put a new spin on an old classic every once in a while.

My number one film I want to see remade... THE VALLEY OF GWANGI!

It was remade back in '05.

wasn't that just a "homage" though? Ive seen the DVD and read some reviews, and from what i gather, it's just a shot for shot remake, and it's still a silent film. I hear it's well done too.

But to have Burton remake it? I don't think it would be any different. It would just have audible dialogue, be in color and have a Danny Elfman score(which i'm not complaining about). I mean, the original's visuals, along with alot of other german expressionist films pretty much inspired Burton's style.

Wouldn't it seem kind of...redundant?

The Birds is now on the list of remakes coming.

I'd love to see a Day of the Triffids remake.

Oh just found this news:

THE SKINNY: Remember how we told you what the date for TRANSFORMERS 2 was going to be? Well, we were wrong – but we’ve got it right now. And hey, we’ll even throw in the release date for THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, just to make things better!

Twentieth Century Fox has announced they’re going for a Christmas 2008 release for DAY, the remake of the 1951 classic. It still will star Keanu Reeves, though, so not much of a present there. The movie was originally set for a May 9 release date, though it’s not clear whether that was 2008 or 2009.

Paramount, however, are now touting June 26, 2009 for the release of TRANSFORMERS 2, even though there are still tensions between DreamWorks and Viacom that might threaten the project. Michael Bay is in final talks to direct the sequel in either case, Blu-ray or no Blu-ray. Whoo hoo! That’s Ultra-Magnificent! (And if you got that pun, god help you and me…)

After seeing the new final cut of Blade Runner, I was reminded of how much I liked the novel. I don't want a remake of Blade Runner, but I would love a more faithful adaption of "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"