• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remakes and Adaptations You'd Like to See

a proper Dragon Ball Z movie, that one a couple years back was horrible.

Zack Snyder would be the man for Dragon Ball. He should do this after Man of Steel.

In the hands of a director who respects the source material and stays faithful to it, a live-action Akira movie would be incredible. I know a live-action version has been in the talks but production was recently shut down on it, IIRC.

Willow - Directed by Neil Marshall and starring Peter Dinklage as Willow with Michael Fassbender as Madmartigan. Make it happen, Hollywood.

so, is this a bad movie with a promising premise, a decent movie with lots of bad bits, or a good movie that could use some tidying up?

It's a Hammer movie from the mid seventies, it's not a bad movie it's just something that could be updated.

The Discworld Novels. As much as I love the Sky One adaptations, I want to see a big budget franchise. Or multiple franchises (witches, Rincewind, Death, watch, etc.) to be exact. Could rival the MCU in it's epicness.

a proper Dragon Ball Z movie, that one a couple years back was horrible.

Technically, it was just an adaptation of Dragon Ball, which took place before Dragonball Z.

Still terrible, though.

I'd be up for that. I didn't like the first one that much, but I liked the concept, so I wouldn't mind to see it redone. I'd rather not have The Road Warrior be remade, but it's not so good it's untouchable in my eyes. And of course, they could always just make another movie about Mad Max that had a new plot.

The first didn't really do much for me either. I feel it could be so muc better with a better told story. It has some great ideas to it. The Roas Warrior is a fine movie on its own so I don't really want that remade.

The Mad Max series as a whole sounds a lot better as an idea but when you see the film, it doesn't quite live up to those ideas. At least for me anyway. I can say Road Warrior got there though.

Ah man I love the first Mad Max. It's just so raw and nihilistic. The story of Max is really well told, you can totally understand his descent into the "shell of a man" in the Road Warrior. You could almost put them in the superhero/vigilante genre i think, and the first movie is one of the better "origin" films.

Road Warrior is better though. It's awesome.

I really want a George Washington biopic.

George02.jpg

If we're talking about biopics, I'd love a Bill Hicks movie.

(Just please, God not that planned Ron Howard/Russell Crowe one...)

Based on the American Scream biography or somethin'...

my name is dark_b and i would like more original movies.

My name is Sawyer and I would like a toilet made of solid gold.

My name is Wesley Dodds and I would like to buy a hamburger.

i-would-like-to-buy-a-hamburger.jpg

My name is Johnny Knoxville, and welcome to Jackass.

I have nothing against adaptations at all, but I get tired or remakes, mostly because the films being remade already have a certain amount of notoriety and are likely to be pretty good movies already, defeating the need to be remade.

I'd love to see Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down as a movie. Alexander Payne would be my top choice of director.

escape from new york they tried for awhile but never got it going!they have remade all of carpenters movie might as well do this one too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"