Remedy Entertainment& 505 Games: Control launches August 27 2019for PS4, Xbox One, & PC

Remedy seems like they would of made a killer Inception game.

Finished the game yesterday. I absolutely loved it. The lore was pitch perfect. Good story. Locations and mind-bending events were pure Art. Combat, while not doing anything innovative, was a lot of fun. This is one of the few games I'll be platinuming just to spend longer in the world - and I don't care about trophies 99% of the time.

Did they patch the console version of this to fix the FPS issues? DigitalFoundry did an analysis and PS4 Pro was dropping to 21 fps, PS4 got down to 15 fps, and the OG Xbox One got as low as 11 FPS.

I'm planning on playing this soon so I do hope they fix those fps issues. Do not want to try playing with that kind of framerate.

They released a patch today that fixes performance and adds a few features.

3 days ago
CONTROL's Post-Launch Roadmap Teases A New Game Mode And Sparks Speculation Of An ALAN WAKE Tie-In
Many fans have been hoping to see Alan Wake reenter the spotlight, and now the official DLC roadmap for Remedy's Control has rekindled their hopes of seeing the character return. More info after the jump.Read more

| 9/11/2019
Filed Under: "Multiplatform" Source: Control Community Blog
ezgif-5-47083690046f.jpg

Remedy Entertainment's Control is currently available across multiple platforms, and while many players are enjoying the main storyline, the developers are actively working on the game's post-launch content.

Via the game's official blog, Remedy unveiled the official DLC roadmap for Control, which showcases some of the biggest updates yet to come. According to the release calendar, the developers will kick things off with the launch of a photo mode this fall, and a new game mode called "Expedition" will follow this December.

The stream of new content won't come to an end this year, however, as Remedy also has plans to release two new expansions in 2020: The Foundation and AWE. Per the recent reveal, The Foundation will reportedly "delve into the history of the Oldest House," and AWE is expected to "take Jesse into a new part of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events."

Aside from these brief descriptions, details on the two major expansions are still being kept under wraps, but the appearance of a figure that appears to be Alan Wake in the teaser image for AWE has sparked speculation that the game will tie into Remedy Entertainment's other popular title.

CONTROL_post_launch_roadmap_FINAL.jpg

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

1 day ago
The Latest CONTROL Update Finally Adds A Photo Mode; New Details On The Upcoming Expeditions Mode Revealed
Nearly three months after the game's launch, Remedy Entertainment has finally added a photo mode to Control and revealed some new details on the forthcoming Expeditions Mode. More details after the jump.Read more

| 10/17/2019
Filed Under: "Multiplatform" Source: PlayStation Blog
ezgif-6-1b1d1aaf8830.jpg

It was only last month that we learned Control would finally receive a photo mode during the fall, and thanks to the recent release of update 1.04, Remedy Entertainment has officially added the requested feature.

However, that may not be the most exciting bit of news to come out this week, as a new post on the official PlayStation Blog recently revealed some intriguing new details on the forthcoming Expeditions Mode.

Launching sometime this December, according to the post-launch roadmap for Control, the Expeditions Mode will reportedly see players complete a number of timed challenges as Jesse Faden. But to add some interesting wrinkles to these new adventures, the challenges will also "come with different modifiers" that affect the difficulty of each endeavor.

Control is available now on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

I started this last night and this is the most unsettling game I have ever played. Even more unsettling than games like Dead Space and Resident Evil. Theres a constant nearly overwhelming feeling of "wrongness" that seems to pervade the game.

Coming to PS5 and Xbox. Im glad I didnt get the PS4 version as I was waiting for next gen for better performance

PS5 and XSX upgrades only available with Ultimate Edition...

Control - Discover a World Unknown
What if I purchased the original version of Control previously?
The free upgrade path to Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 version of Control is only available for Control Ultimate Edition.

Will check this out on Steam.

Well good thing this is still $40 dollars in my local store. I'm now waiting for the Ultimate Edition if I get it here.

I just bought the Ultimate Edition yesterday. I can also confirm that the two DLC expansions are on the disc and not a voucher which is nice.

Control Ultimate Edition is free this month for Playstation Plus members.

Finally got this today - the Ultimate Edition. And yes, it does feel very unsettling. I played this a little bit and I stopped when I saw the next room suddenly red with three people hanging.

Thankfully, the lead player has super human powers (I haven't gotten to that part yet) and some of the enemies (from what I've seen) are using guns, so hopefully it would lessen the horror vibes for me so I could finish it... the map looks confusing, its like a maze.

Some parts of the map are literally a maze. There aren't really a lot of horror elements but it does have some tough enemies.
The enemies from the previous videos I've seen looked tough.

And I am a bit concerned that there is no difficulty option, as i didn't see one when I started.

The maze factor though, I just know I would skip the side quests as I hate back tracking. I couldn't even do 100% in Fallen Order.

Its probably the most unsettling game I've ever played.

This game definitely has the, "little engine that could" vibe going for it, and I couldn't be happier. Hoping to see a sequel one day.

I finished the main storyline today. The game was hard. I didn't see a difficulty option at the start. The game isn't super scary. The creepy background noise/environment made it scary but this is no Resident Evil 7 as the game didn't give me anxiety. I just hated that I was killed so many times in this game. I don't think I've been killed this much in a videogame. Repeating again and again because I suck in the game affects how I feel about the game. However starting in mission 6, I discovered the accessibility settings and turned on immortality. But then at the point, the map became confusing to me even with fast travel points. The enemies in the game can be pretty rough. Its easy to get lost and sidetrack to less important things.

The graphics are amazing even though it has a wash out filter similar to Resident Evil 2 Remake. I really like the interior design of the building especially the offices, the lobbies and hallways. It kinda looked like a hotel. I don't know I feel about certain cutscenes being shot in live action. It takes me out of the game and reminds me of videogames from the 90s. The building and the things around also has a 80s feel to it which I liked. I also felt like I was in a The Shining videogame. The user interface/menu look neat and not overstuffed with texts. I wish more games would have a cleaner user interface.

The combat is fine. I like using telekinesis, throwing objects at the enemies and the super speed move. I like that the skill tree is simple and not convoluted. But I didn't like the shooting, even when I turned on auto aim. I wasn't satisfied using the guns even if they looked cool.

My main problem with the game is everytime I resume from pausing the game, the frame drops. It happens all the time. It just feels a bit broken when this is already the repackaged version. Another criticism is the story. It was meh. Jessi felt stoic to me. I found the npcs to be more intriguing. She was lacking in personality. Then finding a long lost family member in a creepy location as the main objective of the protagonist has been done so many times. I wish Jessi had a different motivation given the supernatural/mystery horror vibe of the game. I also wish the NPCs helped Jessi in battle. I only encountered one npc (not a random npc that can be killed in battle) that helped her in battle and that was a side quest.

Over all, I liked that I got to play this as I was curious since the first footage was released. The graphics look amazing so I needed to experience it by playing. But I don't want to play a game like this again. The difficulty level, the haunting setting and a place that was literally a maze. I didn't backtrack to do most of the side missions and obtain the things I've missed as I was just over it towards the end.

I also think if a Doctor Strange videogame is made in the future, it could be similar to this. Weird enemies, astral planes, trippy vibes. This game reminded me of Doctor Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"