Revolution Price?

the nintendo rep that comes into my bestbuy says from what he was told it should be around 200. nothing documented or anything just word of mouth threw the company.

The current rumors going around, to be extremely specific, is 150-200. The rumors/possibilities are as such:

1) 149.99, console, 1 controller
2) 199.99, console, 1 controller, free download of 1 classic game
3) 199.99, console, 2 controllers

Obviously, all should be taken with a grain of salt, but either way I'm down for any one of those.

SpiderFan17 said:
The current rumors going around, to be extremely specific, is 150-200. The rumors/possibilities are as such:

Obviously, all should be taken with a grain of salt, but either way I'm down for any one of those.

149.99 would be freakin' great. :up:

Its also been stated theres a possiblity of a $99 launch, although its also incredibly unlikely.

SpiderFan17 said:

SO.........WE WOULD PAY ANOTHER $50.00, JUST FOR A "FREE" DOWNLOAD OF A $5 GAME? :confused: I THINK YOUR SOURCE(S) WERE SMOKING CRACK. :o

I was just about to say that. Doesn't make much sense.

I was going to buy a 360 but decided to buy a Revolution instead.

Unleashed said:

360 is awesome DOOM, get it. :up:

360 is a good system, you shouldn't really pick between a 360 and a Revolution. If you were picking between systems it should be a 360 and a PS3. Reason being? Revolution is a different gaming experience, than the other two. For a game with incredible graphics, huge surroundings, and a very indepth online system, get a 360. Revolution is supposed to co-exist with both 360 and PS3, because of its affordable price tag. Traditional games will be played on 360, or PS3... while games with a different feel to them (think Nintendogs, WarioWare, Trauma Center, Animal Crossing) will be played on Revolution.

I do plan on getting a 360, just not for a long time.

THWIP* said:
SO.........WE WOULD PAY ANOTHER $50.00, JUST FOR A "FREE" DOWNLOAD OF A $5 GAME? :confused: I THINK YOUR SOURCE(S) WERE SMOKING CRACK. :o
"another 50"? I think YOU'RE smoking crack. I listed possibilities. The 149.99 price theory is completely separate from the 199.99 price theory, not a price tier. The 199.99 is the most expected at this point, but I was also explaining there is a rumor that it could be as low as 149.99, but the rumors regarding the 199.99 price suggest nintendo would be slipping a card for a free download inside. That is LESS likely to occur at the 149.99 price point, would you not agree? As well, these are still rumors. My source(s) is doing the best he/she/they can, as Nintendo is being very cryptic to anyone not in-house in Japan. NOA hearing any specifics is about the same at this point as SCEA confirming something before Kuturagi does.

SpiderFan17 said:
"another 50"? I think YOU'RE smoking crack. I listed possibilities. The 149.99 price theory is completely separate from the 199.99 price theory, not a price tier. The 199.99 is the most expected at this point, but I was also explaining there is a rumor that it could be as low as 149.99, but the rumors regarding the 199.99 price suggest nintendo would be slipping a card for a free download inside. That is LESS likely to occur at the 149.99 price point, would you not agree? As well, these are still rumors. My source(s) is doing the best he/she/they can, as Nintendo is being very cryptic to anyone not in-house in Japan. NOA hearing any specifics is about the same at this point as SCEA confirming something before Kuturagi does.

199.99 Console and 1 OLD GAME.
149.99 Console and NOTHING.

Difference = Old downloaded game.

199.99 - 149.99 = 50

Old game = 50 $.

XwolverineX said:
199.99 Console and 1 OLD GAME.
149.99 Console and NOTHING.

Difference = Old downloaded game.

199.99 - 149.99 = 50

Old game = 50 $.
You are missing it as well. These are completely separate theories from each other. The same as "The ps3 will be 500" and "The PS3 will be 600" are different from each other. The rumor has been standing for a long time it would be 199, but now there are new rumors it could be as low as 149. Fine, I'll put it in sci-fi terms since nobody seems to understand. There is a reality A, and there is parallel reality B. In one of these realities, 149 will be the price, and in the other, 199 + a game will be the price. We don't yet know if we're in A or B. Do you get it now? THEY ARE COMPLETELY SEPARATE THEORIES, AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER AS FAR AS CONTENT = PRICING.

SpiderFan17 said:
You are missing it as well. These are completely separate theories from each other. The same as "The ps3 will be 500" and "The PS3 will be 600" are different from each other. The rumor has been standing for a long time it would be 199, but now there are new rumors it could be as low as 149. Fine, I'll put it in sci-fi terms since nobody seems to understand. There is a reality A, and there is parallel reality B. In one of these realities, 149 will be the price, and in the other, 199 + a game will be the price. We don't yet know if we're in A or B. Do you get it now? THEY ARE COMPLETELY SEPARATE THEORIES, AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER AS FAR AS CONTENT = PRICING.

Don't have to scream there, skippy. I get it.

XwolverineX said:
Don't have to scream there, skippy. I get it.
It was merely for emphasis, since so many people were missing it. If typing in caps is screaming, then I think Thwip needs to be locked away for noise pollution.

Unleashed said:

nice plan.

SpiderFan17 said:
It was merely for emphasis, since so many people were missing it. If typing in caps is screaming, then I think Thwip needs to be locked away for noise pollution.

THWIP* needs to be locked away for alot of reasons. :O

ditto

its awesome that i can play all my fav snes, n64, and gamecube games on it.

does it also play old gb games?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"