Will DS's Success Help Revolutions?

Cold2daToucH004

No... Scarecrow
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Many people laughed at DS, and some continue to do so... but its no secret. DS is booming in Japan, Europe, and U.S. People called it a failure before it launched and laughed at the idea's. Infact, I remember someone saying 'Nintendo is teh DoomeD'.

Clearly, many of those people were wrong. Almost two years into its release, DS is booming. Doing much better then many predicted. Its situation is pretty similar to that of Revolution. If Revolution can be released at a similar price point, do you think it will share the same success? Do you think it will share the same success at all? Consider the similarities between the two systems.

Not initially. Maybe if they create a game on both consoles that interact in someway, then yes. I do however think that the Rev will be like the DS. Mocked before the launch, but becomes a big hit afterwards.

Spidey-Bat said:
Not initially. Maybe if they create a game on both consoles that interact in someway, then yes. I do however think that the Rev will be like the DS. Mocked before the launch, but becomes a big hit afterwards.

I agree, I think it will be a big hit in Japan. People are loving DS and the unique games, and gameplay there. Revolution in many ways, is very similar. Its a new way to interact with new games. So I think it will be huge, just as big. People who are experiencing the DS will most likely want to experience Revolution.

Probably not. I think what would help Revolution is getting more third party support than the Gamecube. I'm contemplating getting a used X-Box sooner or later because the Gamecube always gets screwed on third party games.

hulkamania85 said:
Probably not. I think what would help Revolution is getting more third party support than the Gamecube. I'm contemplating getting a used X-Box sooner or later because the Gamecube always gets screwed on third party games.
So far, third part support is actually looking pretty good. Dev's are excited about working with Revolution.

hulkamania85 said:

So far, Activision, Atlus, AQ Interactive, Bandai Namco Group, Blitz Games, Camelot Software Planning, Capcom, Electronic Arts, Eidos, Grasshopper Manufacture, Koei, Konami, Kuju Entertainment, LucasArts, Midway, Natsume, n-Space, Sega, Square-Enix, THQ, and Ubisoft all have pleged supported for the Revolution.

Spidey-Bat said:
So far, Activision, Atlus, AQ Interactive, Bandai Namco Group, Blitz Games, Camelot Software Planning, Capcom, Electronic Arts, Eidos, Grasshopper Manufacture, Koei, Konami, Kuju Entertainment, LucasArts, Midway, Natsume, n-Space, Sega, Square-Enix, THQ, and Ubisoft all have pleged supported for the Revolution.

Wow, I don't even know some of those? :confused:

i think, that the ds opened alot of eyes back to nintendo. and the same people that disliked the ds at first, wont look at the revolution negitively like the system was gettin when they first showed the controller. i think that the revolution will be the top system of this next gen wave. and if the ds can some way work with it, like GBA worked with the cube... it can be very huge.

Yes, when the DS Lite hits it will be the first introduction to Nintendos new direction for most people... The DS Lite is a great primer for the REVO launch.

Wasn't there a thread on the site a few weeks back with stats showing tha DS was loosing momentum and that PSP was on track to surpass it in a few months? Maybe my memory sucks (well it does) but I'm positive there was...

Horrorfan said:
Wasn't there a thread on the site a few weeks back with stats showing tha DS was loosing momentum and that PSP was on track to surpass it in a few months? Maybe my memory sucks (well it does) but I'm positive there was...

No. The DS is still ass raping the PSP and every other gaming platform on sale :(

The success of Nintendo's various handheld machines haven't helped Gamecube, and I really can't see any reason why it would be different with Revolution. What Revolution needs is a better support from third party developers. And so far it looks promising with games like Red Steel and Sadness announced.

Mentok said:
No. The DS is still ass raping the PSP and every other gaming platform on sale :(

True. I believe it's because most people took off their blinders to see that the DS is not a one trick pony. The DS is so original and so freakin fun that I would be extremely bored without it.

Ok, that was last year. Show stats from this year. The PSP is on the edge of failure, UMD movies are already starting to disappear frome shelves and the GOOD games on the PSP are few and far between.

I'm sure the PSP had a spurt around the Holidays....but I doubt they ever move above Nintendo long term. More so with the Lite coming out and the New Super Mario Bros game being released soon.

Mentok said:

If you call the effective end of Nintendo's monopoly on the handheld market and losing the North American market to Sony an ass raping then yes it is.

I don't think that the Nintendo DS will help the Revolution in sales, just like the Game Boy Advance didn't help the Gamecube in sales. But I do think that the Revolution is going to be a major success in the Japanese market and will have success in the European and North American markets just like the Nintendo DS. I think that the Revolution is going to surpass the Gamecube in sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"