Rick Jones?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
Rick Jones in the comics has done a ton. He was responsible for the Hulk, then his supporting cast. He is sort of responsible for bringing the Avengers together, as much as Loki is too. He became a supporting character in Avengers. He wanted to be Bucky. He became Captain Marvel, and lots more. But in the films he has been completely forgotten.
Maybe if he was included in the Hulk films they would have done better because there would be more of a supporting cast and a human element for the audience to associate with while the Hulk is rampaging.
RickJones.jpg

What are your thoughts about Rick Jones?

I'd love it, but I can't see a way he would be a major player. However, if they are going to do a captain marvel film, I think RJ is a must.

Steve has Bucky/Falcon.
Tony has Rhodey.
Thor has Sif/the Warriors Three.

Bruce could use a sidekick.

I'd love to see Rick in a future Hulk movie. They couldn't do the relationship as it was in the comics, but it'd be nice to try and give them a backstory of knowing each other for a while. Maybe have Rick a friend of Bruce's at college or something

I'd LOVE to have Rick Jones in a Hulk movie, but truth be told, I'd rather have Amadeus Cho.

I have an idea for him to show up. He could become the Avenger's SHIELD agent liaison. He could be sent to monitor things at the Avengers, since they think Coulsen is dead and Fury and Hill are too busy. But he is a sort of slacker type, I see him hanging out around the mansion in aw of Captain America and wishing he was Bucky. I also have an idea for a fun back and forth relationship between Agent Rick Jones and Jarvis the AI computer. Its morning, everyone is waking up. Rick is in the kitchen eating Tony Stark's cereal. Jarvis calls him a moocher eating Stark's food, and Rick turns off his speakers while Jarvis is still talking. Sort of a comedic duo, like Will and Carlton and Fresh Prince. And gives Rick a reason to be there and the ability to handle himself. But not being as high ranked or experienced as Black Widow or Hawkeye.
3496707-earthsmightiest00804.jpg

2784712-captain_marvel__52___page_4.jpg

1678377-r1.jpg

Last edited:
No Rick Jones in the MCU is truly one of the greatest missed opportunities of MARVEL STUDIOS. He is one of THE GREATEST and most versatile characters in the Marvel stable.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rick Jones. As stated, just tweak his origin & relationship with Bruce a tad bit & he's good to go. He's pretty much always been a viable character.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rick Jones. As stated, just tweak his origin & relationship with Bruce a tad bit & he's good to go. He's pretty much always been a viable character.

You just have to involve him in some way with the experiment by choice that MCU Banner was conducting on himself. BOOM, done. How? Don't look at me. My last name aint' Whedon. :word: (I want you all to realize what a missed opportunity this was by imagining this: RICK JONES AS WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY WHEDON. :wow:)

Rick Jones - Hulk

Think Walter White - Jesse Pinkmon

Not exactly, think former student-teacher

I suspect the reason they haven't used Rick Jones, is that they don't have a good idea of how to adapt him away from his "teen sidekick" origins. Because a straight usage as a teen sidekick is a non-starter.

I would rather see Amadeus cho before I see rick jones

Maybe if he was included in the Hulk films they would have done better because there would be more of a supporting cast and a human element for the audience to associate with while the Hulk is rampaging.
RickJones.jpg

What are your thoughts about Rick Jones?
that's exactly what I been saying for several years through several posts.
It is the missing element that's why in part the show was popular.
The audience needs an element to connect to.

This is likely due to my limited exposure to the character, but for the few issues of Captain Marvel that I've seen him in (vol 1, pre-Thanos), he's been hard to get a feeling for. I was hoping to like the character, but IMHO, he just came across as a bit of a whiny brat. I'm not sure why that is. But I'm just getting to the Thanos stuff; maybe that will change my mind.

They can do better than that though.

I'm sure if marvel make another hulk movie, they will.

MagicalPlace1.jpg

shield.jpg

Easy way to bring him in is as a random background SHIELD agent, a
young recruit, assigned to the Avengers/Stark Tower. That would explain
why he is always tagging along, why he is able to handle himself in
unbelievably dangerous situations, but still have him act a bit young like
Skye or FitzSimmons. In the Avengers he is a sort of comedic relief
background character. Get him to play off of Banner/Hulk in a few scenes
and then in a Hulk movie he is the guy who follows Banner around and tries
to stop him from becoming the Hulk or contain the destruction. And
making him a former student would work too, along with SHIELD agent,
because that would give him and Banner a stronger connection.

Rick Jones gives the audience path to caring for the Hulk/Banner.

He could be a sort of Avengers fan boy, I guess sort of like Coulsen was,
and a former student of Dr. Banner's. He is called a moocher by Jarvis/
Vision, and seems like an average 30 year old slacker type.
But he is a smart, trained SHIELD agent. Not as skilled as Hawkeye,
Black Widow, or May, but definitely able to take care of himself.
He might get off on the wrong foot with some of the Avengers.
Eating all of Stark's food, called moocher by Jarvis, tells Rogers he
wanted to be Bucky, etc. Can stick his foot in his mouth, but at the
end of the day he is a real good guy and caring about others.
He is Not: a young teen, whiny, sidekick. He is more of everyone's
buddy/the best friend.
406px-RickJones2.jpg

rickjones.jpg

Later on even his story could turn into him being the SHIELD agent chosen
to be the host of the Captain Marvel alien.
CAP1CROSSRODRI.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping to see Rick Jones and Jack McGee meet up in the Incredible Hulk, since they kept talking about how they were taking elements from both the Tv show and the comic. Jim Wilson, as always, was a poor replacement.

Yeah, I don't get why they haven't used Rick yet. Hopefully, we'll get him in Incredible Hulk 2.

Allways thought that TV was the best way to introduce him, as a main character in a show that explores the human element like Agents of SHIELD. It's a shame they didn't take that oportunity

It's a shame he wasn't used in Agents of SHIELD, he could have played Grant Ward's role. Rick Jones has allways been the everyman of the Marvel universe and the audience's surrogate, seems like a waste to me not using him in the show that is supposed to explore the non-powered people.

He could have been a SHIELD agent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"