Right, we HAVE to talk about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
Because in all honesty, I don't want this place to be locked (and don't act like I'm giving in to their bluff, I was making this thread anyways). Frankly, this is not fair on a lot of members, espcially people in the Wii forum.

Through talking to Matt, I have come to understand a little of our situation here. At the end of the day, kids can come on this forum, and some of the stuff posted has been downright unsuitable for them. I'm talking about people discussing "sexual organs" etc. That should stop. We've got GR guys, we can do all that over there.

At the same time, I think that Matt can't really see what I'm talking about. All this kicked up over the completely unecessery banning of GFreeman's thread adressing the console generation. There was no reason to lock that thread, it wasn't hurting anyone.

Matt, that thread is an example of showing where you need to draw the line, because I'm sorry but there really was no reason to lock it. There have been plenty of threads you should have locked in the past, and a fair few you were right in doing so. If you stop the overkill of lockings, then there's not going to be such a problem here...

Only because you're going off topic damnit! :cmad:

yep. The discussion time is over. We're just waiting on Malice.

Pardon me Matt, he's mine now! *pounces*

Hehe very well.

Wait... when was there a discussion on this? :waa:

The warning was posted last night. All the small minority that caused this had to do, was follow the rules of SHH. Instead, it was meant with a drunken rant from WHF combined with Freeman throwing fuel into the fire. It has since been deleted.

So you're going to ignore me trying to HELP you in some way now? Jesus.

Next time use the PM, your thread making days are gone for 2 weeks

So you're going to ignore me trying to HELP you in some way now? Jesus.

The time to help is over. All you had to do was comply with the announcement from last night. You were all warned. Instead WHF and Freeman decided to rant about how we don't get the games forums and we're a bunch of ass holes, etc.

The warning was posted last night. All the small minority that caused this had to do, was follow the rules of SHH. Instead, it was meant with a drunken rant from WHF combined with Freeman throwing fuel into the fire. It has since been deleted.

Where the hell was I last night when all this was going down? Damn! :wow:

Morg on an ego-trip? Say it ain't so!

It has nothing to do with ego-trips. We've been given go-ahead to clean house. We've been leinent with you. Time for that is over.

Attention mods, read the part of the post where I was trying to help your situation:

Through talking to Matt, I have come to understand a little of our situation here. At the end of the day, kids can come on this forum, and some of the stuff posted has been downright unsuitable for them. I'm talking about people discussing "sexual organs" etc. That should stop. We've got GR guys, we can do all that over there.

There it is. Now why the HELL are you punishing me for trying to maturely bring an end to this?

I was in such a happy mood last night too.

Morg, I haven't done anything wrong, set my account back to where it was please.

This has turned into one giant shjt-storm of a mess.

Seriously Admins, there really has to be a better way to end this than just simply ending the gaming forums. A lot of people who post here on the Hype are going to be alienated and the Community forum is going to be flooded with stupid game threads by newbs or people just trying to be antagonizing.

The people who cause the problems cannot be banned. What do you suggest? I'd like to know because I don't want the game forums to be gone either.

At the very least they should just combine everything into one form of Misc. stuff. That way they don't have go sniff through 4 separate forums for bad threads.

Jerry! said:
The people who cause the problems cannot be banned. What do you suggest? I'd like to know because I don't want the game forums to be gone either.

I don't suggest anything because it is not my place to do so.

But I do think that closing the place down is not the way to go. I think it would cause a much larger mess within the entire Hype.

I think it will just be gone, I don't think it will cause further problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"