The Wolverine Rila Fukushima as Yukio

The Cosplay will be strong with this one.

Ha! that's what i've been saying too..next year comic con, expect LOTS of Yukio cosplay!

I'm so glad that this year we've got such strong female characters in CBM; Faora,Potts and now Yukio_Of course Soon we'll have Katniss again and the black widow and maybe Siff if we're lucky.

And as far as Yukio being turned into Psylocke...i dunno.I would preffer that she stays as Yukio because i love that character.

That said, when Betsy/Psylocke first turned into a ninja assasin type of character, she was somehow being turned into an Asian woman by Matsuo-at the time,the leader of the Hand Ninja.She was called KWANNON, not psylocke at that time. I wouldn't mind if Yukio became THAT character.Kwannon was supposedly an assasin and a mutant too i think before she died, and she sorta swapped body with Bertsy courtesy of matsuo..

Well when I first suggested it I should have clarified that I think she would work as a comics/film amalgam of the character where Psylocke was her callsign/nickname like Logan's is Wolverine. No need to change Yukio around at all, just give her stronger psychic powers. That's really all it would take

I could go with that..But would you mind if she also became a member of the X-MEN?

Ha! that's what i've been saying too..next year comic con, expect LOTS of Yukio cosplay!

I'm so glad that this year we've got such strong female characters in CBM; Faora,Potts and now Yukio_Of course Soon we'll have Katniss again and the black widow and maybe Siff if we're lucky.

Agreed, I think she may well be my favourite female CBM movie character to date, but yeah its good to see writers getting better at creating and adapting strong female characters other than just for T&A.

Well when I first suggested it I should have clarified that I think she would work as a comics/film amalgam of the character where Psylocke was her callsign/nickname like Logan's is Wolverine. No need to change Yukio around at all, just give her stronger psychic powers. That's really all it would take

One way or another we must have Psylocke in proper full blown movie form (not the throwaway we got in X3), it just HAS to happen:argh:

Jeff Wadlow has said that he is about 20 pages into the XF script and would be done with it already if he weren't busy promoting Kick Ass 2. There will be 5 XF members. DO NOT make Yukio into Psylocke, they are both badass and should be separate characters. Psylocke is a ninja assassin, she works better in something like X-Force than the main team.

I have one thing to say...

I demand a direct follow-up to this with Hugh AND Rila. There's so much storytelling potential you could do with Logan and his 'bodyguard.' She was great, and held her own. And even more impressive given it was her first feature film, after transitioning from modeling.

Hell, they could place it in between that two year span between The Wolverine and Days of Future Past.

Jubilee....

We've already had a Jubilee in the first three X-men movies (would love to see Jubilee get a bigger role in a future x-movie). Though I've got to admit that Yukio seemed similar to Jubilee in some ways. She had that similar air of cheekiness at times.

I'd like to see X-23 introduced in the XF film (love her). Psylocke,Yukio, and X-23 can kick ass together.

Why psylockolussus? I'm not judging, just genuinely curious.

I'd like to see X-23 introduced in the XF film (love her). Psylocke,Yukio, and X-23 can kick ass together.

I'd love to see X-23, but with an origin more akin to her Age of Apocalypse counterpart. Have Logan return to Japan and father a daughter with Mariko.

Though of course there would have to at least be some time skipping, but I'd be fine with that.

Why psylockolussus? I'm not judging, just genuinely curious.

First of all, she's never been one of the X-Men in the comics, the cartoons and the videogames. Second, I feel like her mutant powers are very simple compare to the other X-Men like Storm, Colossus, Rogue, Iceman and Shadowcat. She's also not that well-known as a character. And I feel like she's more of a Wolverine character (like Mariko Yashida/Agent Zero/Silver Fox) than a X-Men character.

I feel like she's more fitting to a Wolverine movie than a X-Men movie.

Fair points, but are her powers any more simple or ordinary than Domino or Colossus? Also, Logan already slept with Mariko (I think), so X-23 is a possibility. Also, you could say that Stryker cloned her from Logan's DNA.

Fair points, but are her powers any more simple or ordinary than Domino or Colossus? Also, Logan already slept with Mariko (I think), so X-23 is a possibility. Also, you could say that Stryker cloned her from Logan's DNA.

At least with Colossus, he really looks like a mutant with his steel form.

And Domino, well I don't want to see her as one of the X-Men.

16 years later...

*Wolverine checks his mail, he unsheathes a single claw using it as an impromptu letter opener*

Wolverine: What!? The hell do you mean unpaid overdue alimony?

Seriously, he did sleep with Mariko didn't he, I thought that he did?

Yup. The kissing, fade to black then the next scene with them sleeping in the same bed both under the covers is the PG-13 equivalent of going 'bow chicka wow wow'.

I believe they did but one could infer that they just cuddled if they wanted to.

While were on the subject, anyone find it funny Logan gave grief to her fiancee for screwing around when he was just with her last night.

Yeah, Logan doesn't strike me as the cuddling type, certainly not in this movie. You I'm going to say that he got himself some sweet Mariko lovin.

I believe they did but one could infer that they just cuddled if they wanted to.

While were on the subject, anyone find it funny Logan gave grief to her fiancee for screwing around when he was just with her last night.

I didn't really think about it at the time, but later I considered the fact that it was after that point. I didn't bat an eyelid at the time because I think I'd seen enough before that to guess he'd be a jerk.

Plus Mariko had said it was an arranged marriage and not one she really cared for herself (I think the latter was more implied though). Even if Noburo wasn't with any girls or wasn't corrupt, I wouldn't have thought it wrong or double standards for Wolverine since it's kinda still part of the Prince saving the Princess role he was playing out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"