Riots in Missouri - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the outcome was to be expected....but why my brothers and sisters WHY DESTROY AND LOOT YOUR OWN BUISNESS

This killing black men has got to stop

They should start in Chicago or Detroit. It amazes me how the shootings and killings there almost seem biblical but not a word is said by black leaders but as soon as a white person kills a black person, people want to march and loot. With rules like "stop snitching" or "snitches get stitches" almost promoting lawlessness, it's like it's ok for black people to kill each other at alarming rates but they expect white people to stay out of it which is crazy.

Absolute madness. No other way of describing it.

they should start in chicago or detroit. It amazes me how the shootings and killings there almost seem biblical but not a word is said by black leaders but as soon as a white person kills a black person, people want to march and loot. With rules like "stop snitching" or "snitches get stitches" almost promoting lawlessness, it's like it's ok for black people to kill each other at alarming rates but they expect white people to stay out of it which is crazy.

totally agree

They should start in Chicago or Detroit. It amazes me how the shootings and killings there almost seem biblical but not a word is said by black leaders but as soon as a white person kills a black person, people want to march and loot. With rules like "stop snitching" or "snitches get stitches" almost promoting lawlessness, it's like it's ok for black people to kill each other at alarming rates but they expect white people to stay out of it which is crazy.

Please stop with this false narrative that black people don't care about black on black crime. Stop.

Black communities have been fighting against black on black crime for years. Just because you choose not to do your research and find out what people are doing out in these streets doesn't excuse your ignorance.

Please stop with this false narrative that black people don't care about black on black crime. Stop.

Black communities have been fighting against black on black crime for years. Just because you choose not to do your research and find out what people are doing out in these streets doesn't excuse your ignorance.

Then why don't Jessie or Al address those cities? Why is this one murder so significant? If I'm not mistaken, there was 30 shootings in one weekend in Chicago and not one of those guys came out and said one word. But as soon as Trayvon got killed, they were demanding justice. You can't have it both ways. Make a huge stink over Brown getting killed but don't say anything when dudes are turning Chicago into Iraq.

Step 1: Ignore privacy advocates (they can ****) and have ALL law enforcement wear cameras. We need to do what is logically best for society.

Step 2: Funnel more money into better education systems, especially in poor communities and in black communities which seem to always be given the leftovers. EDUCATE and give people more opportunities. A vast majority of blacks who get involved in crime do so because they see no hope. It's crushing and they do what they need to to survive, which sadly means going into crime. Change that.

Step 3: Stop talking about it and DO SOMETHING.

Step 4: Focus more on community outreach. Financial and social outreach programs make a difference but only if real effort and money are put into them.

Step 5: Stop complaining about it if the first 4 steps are not taken.

So how do the authorities, national guard and all plan to deal with the rioting?

Originally Posted by redhawk23

That narrative is pretty much the opposite of that given by 8 eye witnesses
Except that the prosecutor said there were around 60 witnesses and a lot of them contradicted each other or said that's just what they heard other people saw. Look into ALL of the facts of the case, not just the limited ones that fit what you want to see.

I was waiting for one of them to step in. I figured Sharpton was fine raking in the MSNBC money, but nope.

It's stupid, but once Jesse or Al step in credibility is lost amongst a lot of people. They don't have the best reps anymore.

MSNBC reported that among the buildings burned and destroyed last night was one office with the sign, HEAL ST. LOUIS, which was apparently about organizing peaceful protests.

And it was destroyed last night in the rioting.

A lot of these *****es are just using it as an excuse to smash stuff and steal crap, I won't pretend that's not true.

I was waiting for one of them to step in. I figured Sharpton was fine raking in the MSNBC money, but nope.

It's stupid, but once Jesse or Al step in credibility is lost amongst a lot of people. They don't have the best reps anymore.

Exactly. Most people feel that way about them before the rioting...so why would anyone feel differently during the rioting?

And to believe that they'd be able to stop them would be like thinking that the rioting is all one organized army of people that are planning these things out.

I mean it's not as bad as Trump somehow finding a way to blame this on President Obama. But, then again Trump is a ****ing moron who shouldn't be allowed to speak. Everyone becomes dumber for having to listen to the stupid words coming out of his mouth.

Oh, and as a side note...there have been protests here in New York as well, that apparently shut down one of the bridges for sometime. The NYPD Commissioner, who is being asked to resign by protesters, was covered in fake blood entering a building last night in Times Square, that was surrounded by protesters.

Last edited:
I guess I shouldn't look for logic in riots, cause...riots

But I've never understood "oh this case didn't go our way, let's steal some TVs!"

All this destruction and theft doesn't get back at Darren Wilson, it hurts innocent people and their livelihoods. :huh:

Except that the prosecutor said there were around 60 witnesses and a lot of them contradicted each other or said that's just what they heard other people saw. Look into ALL of the facts of the case, not just the limited ones that fit what you want to see.

Right, I find it appalling that not only that people begin rioting before they even know all the facts of the case. I also can't get past celebrities tweeting out stuff about it before the grand jury documents were posted. Only the Grand Jury was privy to all the evidence and you see people condemning the decision. I saw a tweet by Magic Johnson saying justice wasn't served, how does he know? he wasn't on the grand jury. That being said, looking at ALL the evidence I don't see how you can indict the officer.

Interesting thoughts from people here - there are some good points - I do think the bigger issue is the financial situations in those areas - lack of education - and a lack of visibilty from what the police do.

However - on the same note - to blame society for creating those "issues" is forgetting that humanity is never perfect, and things need to be logically pushed, and moved forward through debate, political powers, and change, so to blame someone else, when especially in the states there are so many different opportunities opposed to the rest of the world.

I think it becomes a "chicken or an egg" scenario - which I'm sorry, but the natural desire for humans to be greedy I feel is part of humanity and part of a capitalistic world, if you aren't looking to be a part of that, there are other countries to go too, and that's why in my eyes it falls upon the community to start the ball rolling first, which is to improve there education / financial situations.

As for the comments on black on black violence - I agree they have been trying to stop black on black violence - but compare the two - you do not see riots like this in black on black violence crimes, white on white, or black on white crimes to end this sort of instance from happening. Racism is a two-way street, and to respond to racism with more racism isn't a solution. An eye for an eye will leave everybody blind?

Kalmart posted this in the last thread and I think it deserves to be repeated:
If you've already decided before a trial/investigation/etc. that it's a racially-motivated injustice, then all the evidence and exoneration in the world either doesn't matter or it must be a conspiracy.

Racism does not go both ways, nor is there any such thing as "Reverse Racism." Racism is the creation of systems put in place to oppress and keep minority groups from achieving the same opportunities as the majority. Essentially, Prejudice + Power = Racism.

How can a minority group be racist or put in place racist systems to oppress a majority group when we don't have the power and never have in this country? Now prejudice, that's a different story. There can, and definitely are, prejudiced minority groups.

Nov 25th: Dead body found in Ferguson Neighborhood.

FERGUSON, MO (KTVI) – A body was found in a Ferguson neighborhood just east of the Canfield apartments on Glen Owen drive. The body was found in a white Pontiac car parked in a driveway. The driver’s side window is shot out. The victim is a black male in his 20’s. Police are at the scene.

http://fox2now.com/2014/11/25/body-found-in-ferguson-neighborhood/

Racism isn't about being a minority group or a majority group at all. It's about being hateful or treating another race different than you would treat someone of the same colour and oppressing there opinions / beliefs through nonfactual argument...e.g. "You are white there for you are going to be rich and privileged." That is just as racist as someone saying because someone is black they are poor and uneducated."

That has nothing to do with minority or majority groups....

Racism does not go both ways, nor is there any such thing as "Reverse Racism." Racism is the creation of systems put in place to oppress and keep minority groups from achieving the same opportunities as the majority. Essentially, Prejudice + Power = Racism.

How can a minority group be racist or put in place racist systems to oppress a majority group when we don't have the power and never have in this country? Now prejudice, that's a different story. There can, and definitely are, prejudiced minority groups.

That's not what racism means.

There was prevalent racism against Asians by Blacks in parts of Philadelphia and in California that is usually overlooked by the media. Many Asians in high schools were the constant targets of usually Black students who picked on them because they were Asian. The principal at the time advice for the Asians, "Try not provoking them."

I have a much simpler definition of racism.

I have a much simpler definition of racism.

Which is part of the problem of defining what racism actually really is. It's much more complicated and nuanced than that.

I thought the same as well until I actually took an AA sociology class a few semesters back. Illuminating to say the least...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"