Riots in Missouri - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument has been it's only really oppression if you're black skinned.

I call BS.

No, it hasn't. You're just saying that to discredit the opposition. No one here has made that argument.

The black officer who shot the white kid recently was not indited either. Where's the outrage and riots?

I would have to no what specific incident you're referring to, but the protestors have been putting every instance of police brutality under a microscope lately.

I call BS.

You do realize that the issue is that you're having a different argument than everyone else, right?

And you're making a false equivalency with the black officer-white victim. Yes, it's still ****ed up that the cop got off if the circumstances reflect that the officer was completely in the wrong there. The thing is, that this sort of thing happens a hell of a lot with black citizens having to worry about the police, which is where the protests and riots are coming from. If you recall, I mentioned how I don't feel that Mike Brown is the example that the community would want to rally behind, given all the murky details and conflicting stories going on there. The Garner case is more open and shut and clearly illustrates the screwy practice of protecting cops who do the wrong thing.

I've forgotten what we started fighting for.

You do realize that the issue is that you're having a different argument than everyone else, right?

And you're making a false equivalency with the black officer-white victim. Yes, it's still ****ed up that the cop got off if the circumstances reflect that the officer was completely in the wrong there. The thing is, that this sort of thing happens a hell of a lot with black citizens having to worry about the police, which is where the protests and riots are coming from. If you recall, I mentioned how I don't feel that Mike Brown is the example that the community would want to rally behind, given all the murky details and conflicting stories going on there. The Garner case is more open and shut and clearly illustrates the screwy practice of protecting cops who do the wrong thing.
That's what I don't get. A lot of people agree that Brown maybe had this coming. Should he have died? No but he put himself in a bad situation. But Garner is an entirely different situation. It's like he's just bashing black people for the heck of it.

No, it hasn't. You're just saying that to discredit the opposition. No one here has made that argument.

I would have to no what specific incident you're referring to, but the protestors have been putting every instance of police brutality under a microscope lately.
interesting selective memory since it's been pointed out before.

That's what I don't get. A lot of people agree that Brown maybe had this coming. Should he have died? No but he put himself in a bad situation. But Garner is an entirely different situation. It's like he's just bashing black people for the heck of it.
Don't resist arrest.

The media wants you to think that.

again..facts betray you.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1651665/bil...rs-every-year/

"Police killings of blacks down 70 percent in last 50 years
In 2012, 123 blacks were killed by police with a gun
In 2012, 326 whites were killed with a gun
In 2013, blacks committed 5,375 murders
In 2013, whites committed 4,396 murders
Whites are 63 percent of the population blacks are 13 percent"

Want to talk about staggering percentages?

Black people are killing too many people % wise..

Last edited:
How many of the disproportionate number of black people that cops kill do you think are murders?

The media wants you to think that.

again..facts betray you.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1651665/bil...rs-every-year/

"Police killings of blacks down 70 percent in last 50 years
In 2012, 123 blacks were killed by police with a gun
In 2012, 326 whites were killed with a gun
In 2013, blacks committed 5,375 murders
In 2013, whites committed 4,396 murders
Whites are 63 percent of the population blacks are 13 percent"

Want to talk about staggering percentages?

Black people are killing too many people % wise..
What is your point!? :huh:

I think he's saying that it's okay for cops to shoot a disproportionate number of black people because black people as a whole commit more murders than white people.

I think he's saying that it's okay for cops to shoot a disproportionate number of black people because black people as a whole commit more murders than white people.

Yep! It's ok to say an entire race is wrong and should be eliminated because a few knuckleheads act up. There was a guy in Germany who shared those same views a few decades ago.

I wouldn't say that he had this coming. Should he have been arrested? Probably. Should he have been shot to death? No.

And I'm ignoring "the facts" for now. It seems to be the cool thing to do, and I need to keep up with the hip kids these days and their Iggy Minaj and Ecto Cooler and Lite Brite.

I wouldn't say that he had this coming. Should he have been arrested? Probably. Should he have been shot to death? No.

And I'm ignoring "the facts" for now. It seems to be the cool thing to do, and I need to keep up with the hip kids these days and their Iggy Minaj and Ecto Cooler and Lite Brite.

I don't think I said he had it coming but a lot of people(ie Howlett) seem to think he did. He didn't do himself any favors with his behavior on camera at that store. I can see both sides of the story. The cop and his. But if I had to pick a side, honestly, I'd go with the cop. But Garner............there's no justification of that.

I don't think I said he had it coming but a lot of people(ie Howlett) seem to think he did. He didn't do himself any favors with his behavior on camera at that store. I can see both sides of the story. The cop and his. But if I had to pick a side, honestly, I'd go with the cop.
So you agree with me while thinking I am wrong? Weird.
But Garner............there's no justification of that.
There's a case to be made for Garner as I've said previously, not murder, but some thing like manslaughter.

If you'll go to the police abuse thread you'll see my posts on that. Police violence is out of control. But when police shoot unarmed white people, it tends to become an issue.

If you'll go to the police abuse thread you'll see my posts on that. Police violence is out of control. But when police shoot unarmed white people, it tends to become an issue.
To who? It happens more often and is almost never reported on. And never rioted or protested over.

To who? It happens more often and is almost never reported on. And never rioted or protested over.

Because more often than not, that officer is going to be rightly prosecuted and face the consequences due to the fact that the victim was white. See, another privilege of being white in America.

The issue at hand is that cops are killing African-American's at a high rate and NOT getting prosecuted for it at all.

Because more often than not, that officer is going to be rightly prosecuted and face the consequences due to the fact that the victim was white. See, another privilege of being white in America.

The issue at hand is that cops are killing African-American's at a high rate and NOT getting prosecuted for it at all.

Like if a black cop kills a white person he won't automatically be assumed to be racist and constantly be referred to as So and So, A Black Cop in the media the way white cops are because we know if their white they have to be racist. Just some black privilege for you.

It seems like police training in conflict resolution needs to greatly improve. Both the Brown and Garner cases showcased really poor decision making by police officers.

It seems like police training in conflict resolution needs to greatly improve. Both the Brown and Garner cases showcased really poor decision making by police officers.

That's where we disagree at. I don't think those cases are entirely different. Garner was choked out and killed for selling a lucy stating he can't breath and the officer didn't care. Brown was seen bullying and robbing a store with his dna in the car, trying to take the cops gun. I don't think the cases are even close. It could be argued that Brown put himself in that situation while Garner was killed for a misdeamanor.

According to some, Mike Brown was a victim instead of the armed robber and police assaulter he was deemed to be by people who were presented with all of the evidence.

What was Mike Brown armed with?

I call BS.

Who made that argument? I haven't seen anyone in this thread make that claim.

Don't resist arrest.

Garner didn't resist.

Resisting arrest shouldn't be punishable by death, either.

You think it happens more often to white people?

I'll say this, too. I don't think that saying black lives matter means white lives don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"