RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Roger Moore. A true gentleman and a class act. Nobody did it better.

****, this is the worst celebrity death for me personally in a very long time. Sir Rog was a talent and gave me some of the best memories of my youth with his James Bond films. ****ing gutted. Rest in Peace.

Damn.....James Bond, Simon Templar the Saint, Lord Brett Sinclair......Roger Moore was them all and more. One of his movies that is a favorite of mine that doesn't get the recognition it deserves is SHOUT AT THE DEVIL....I suggest people find it and watch it.

RIP Mr. Moore

Well, that's lousy news to start the day. Moore was my favorite Bond. Rest in peace.

This is a tough one. Roger Moore was one of my favorite Bonds as a kid. He's also the first of the EON Bond actors to pass away. Godspeed, Sir Roger. :csad:

rip, Mr. Bond.

Sad news about Roger Moore who represented a lot of my childhood as he was the then-current Bond I grew up with the same way that Daniel Craig is the current Bond for some people here. RIP.

One film of his that was much more dramatic and serious was "The Man Who Haunted Himself". Sometimes I wished his Bond was more like that with that darker edge, but of course that probably wasn't him.

He was a true gentleman. He would always put a bit of money in my mother's friend's hand when she was a little girl after going into her family's butcher shop.

Rest in peace, Sir Roger. The Man with the Golden Heart.

I have a special place in my heart for my favorite Roger Moore Bond films.

The fun of those movies is what made me a Bond fan as a kid.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the classic skiing while evading gun fire spy trope begin in the Roger Moore's Bond film, "For Your Eyes Only"?

RIP Roger Moore. :csad:

Connery was my no.1 Bond but Moore was in more of my favourite Bond films.

Thank you.

I haven't watched that movie in years. :cwink:

I probably should rectify that.

You should :D

I feel guilty now for just deleting LALD off my TiVo box the other day :(
Let's let this week/end be a Sir Roger Bondathon!

My favorite James Bond. Gone but never forgotten.

RIP Roger Moore.

R.I.P Roger Moore...

Never watched any of his Bonds, but I had read at many places that he was considered one of the best.

Rest in Peace Sir Roger Moore. Watched you in The Saint and The Persuaders first time around, saw your first Bond in the cinema. Thank you for so many hours of enjoyable viewing.

The Spy Who Loved Me, that was :p

Well, it was really in On Her Majesty's Secret Service, but yeah the Spy Who Loved Me was the one that popularised it, especially with the ski jump off the cliff with the Union Jack parachute, which set a world record. That was a true iconic Roger Moore moment and probably cemented him as Bond for audiences.

He was also in the Wild Geese, North Sea Hijack, The Sea Wolves, and the

Damn.....James Bond, Simon Templar the Saint, Lord Brett Sinclair......Roger Moore was them all and more. One of his movies that is a favorite of mine that doesn't get the recognition it deserves is SHOUT AT THE DEVIL....I suggest people find it and watch it.

RIP Mr. Moore

He was excellent in The Man Who Haunted Himself too. Gave a great - and underrated - performance as two versions of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"