RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

RIP Alex Trebek. Unfortunately it’s not unexpected news but I really hoped he would have pulled through. This was also almost exactly a year ago:

2020 is definately a pisser of a year.....RIP Mr. Trebek.

Also bizarre...I just realized that Sean Connery and Alex Trebek died over a week apart.

So much going on right now.

I just want to say that Jeopardy as a nightly ritual in my home growing up meant a lot to me and especially my mother.

If I go and visit we watch it after dinner still and compete against each other trying to answer the questions.

Trebek was the perfect host to make the show work and gave it an easygoing nerd experience for the masses.

A broadcast legend.

BXMUp5E.jpg

dZitaC1.jpg

pU6TFcf.jpg

3P8ErGD.jpg

8P4iAdD.jpg

O4DANks.jpg

69OK7jD.jpg

P4h0wjX.jpg

So much going on right now.

I just want to say that Jeopardy as a nightly ritual in my home growing up meant a lot to me and especially my mother.

If I go and visit we watch it after dinner still and compete against each other trying to answer the questions.

Trebek was the perfect host to make the show work and gave it an easygoing nerd experience for the masses.

A broadcast legend.

Same man.

Ever since I was a kid, it was always World News Tonight with Peter Jennings, Jeopardy and then Wheel. If my homework wasn't done before Jeopardy, then I knew I was slacking. Losing Mr. Trebek really sucks, but his legend will live on.

Love that episode of Cheers with him and Cliff too. And when Rosie Perez was on Jeopardy for White Men Can't Jump.

Last edited:
R.I.P. Alex Trebek. Jeopardy is/was an institution and he was the face of that institution.

Ah, damn. I watched Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo! for the first time just yesterday. RIP Ken Spears. And thanks. So much.

Entertainer Des O'Connor has died at the age of 88.

The comedian, singer and TV host died on Saturday following a fall at his home in Buckinghamshire just over a week ago.

He was known for hosting his own chat show, as well as Take Your Pick and Countdown - and for his friendship with Morecambe and Wise.

In a statement his agent said he was "well loved by absolutely everybody" and "loved life".

His long-time agent and family friend Pat Lake-Smith described him as the "ultimate entertainer" and said he had been recovering from the fall before his condition had suddenly deteriorated. She said: "He was a joy to work with - he was talented, fun, positive, enthusiastic, kind and a total professional. He loved life, and considered enthusiasm almost as important as oxygen."

His friendship with comedy duo Morecambe and Wise saw him mocked for his singing ability in sketches despite a successful career which included four Top 10 hits and more than 30 albums.

'Ultimate entertainer' Des O'Connor dies aged 88

Older UK members will know this man was pretty much an institution. I used to love his appearances with Morecambe and Wise. RIP Des.

Morecambe and Wise were on reruns when I was a kid, so I probably saw some sketches with him, but I remember him from plenty of shows throughoutthe years. Though oddly enough the last thing I recall hearing about Des was that he became had fathered a child again at 72. Shame that a kid in his mid-teens loses his father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"