RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Looking over her filmography it’s crazy how many different kinds of high profile films she was in over just the two year period of 1997-1998;

Donnie Brasco, Volcano, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Wag the Dog, Six Days Seven Nights, Psycho

I forgot how many films she was in

MV5BNGFhMDI0NzgtZjVkMS00ZDQ5LWI1ZWYtYTc1NjI5N2JhOWRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

anne-i-know.png

MV5BMTU5NTk5NTE2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODk4MDM2._V1_.jpg

MV5BZGM1ZmY1ZGItNjI5OC00YjEzLWIwYmQtY2M2YmI1YmZjNzczXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA4NTIyOTE@._V1_.jpg

the only thing she did that I REALLY liked was Six Days Seven Nights, her and Ford had GREAT chemistry

What is with all of these celebrity deaths recently?

Over the last few days, there has been a vigorous edit war on the “talk page” of Ms Heche’s Wikipedia article. At first, it was about whether Heche was — technically — still alive or deceased. Now, it’s about her official date of death: August 12 or August 14. It’s a weird and somewhat ghoulish discussion. But also interesting. The definition of life and death continues to fascinate us.

What is with all of these celebrity deaths recently?
It happens every so often. It happened so frequently in 2009 that South Park even centered an episode around it. I remember 2016 was another rough one with Alan Rickman and David Bowie back to back at the beginning of the year and then Prince, Muhammad Ali, Gene Wilder and Carrie Fisher later on.

It happens every so often. It happened so frequently in 2009 that South Park even centered an episode around it. I remember 2016 was another rough one with Alan Rickman and David Bowie back to back at the beginning of the year and then Prince, Muhammad Ali, Gene Wilder and Carrie Fisher later on.
Tom Petty, too. He was announced brain dead the day before they took him off life support. :(

Wolfgang Petersen Dead: ‘Das Boot,’ ‘Perfect Storm’ And ‘Air Force One’ Director – Deadline

I’m a fan of a lot of his films, most notably Das Boot and The NeverEnding Story.

Sadly, Poseidon seemed to had ended his Hollywood career.

Damn now this one is super sad because I always thought he was a super talented director that never got a fair shake after the disaster that was Poseidon which wasn't even that bad of a movie IMO.

He's made so many classic and iconic films though but my personal favorites of his have always been some of his more underrated movies like Troy, Enemy Mine and Outbreak.

Tom Petty, too. He was announced brain dead the day before they took him off life support. :(
Petty was 2017 but it still sucked. Especially because like Bowie and Prince, I started listening to his stuff more after he died so I feel bad for not fully appreciating his work until after his death.

RIP to Wolfgang Peterson....damn good director. I've seen most of his films, liked all the ones I saw, and loved a couple of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"