RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 4

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Feb 10, 2018.

1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

2. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

Verna Bloom, who appeared in Animal House and worked with the likes of Martin Scorsese, died on the 9th of January in Bar Harbor, Maine, her rep confirmed to Variety. She was 80 years old. The cause was complications of dementia, her family stated.

Although Bloom appeared extensively in theater and television, she is most noted for her film work. One of her memorable roles came in John Landis’ 1978 comedy Animal House, in which she appeared as the drunken, debauched wife of the beleaguered Dean Wormer. She also appeared in three films by Martin Scorsese — Street Scenes 1970, The Last Temptation of Christ (1988), and After Hours (1985) — and two by Clint Eastwood: High Plains Drifter (1973) and Honkytonk Man (1982).

Verna Bloom, Actress in ‘Animal House,’ ‘High Plains Drifter,’ Dies at 80

RIP

3. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

4. C. Lee

C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Shame to hear about Verna Bloom, she was a good actress.

5. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight NCC-1701

6. Milk Tray Guy

Clydie King, whose earthy, gospel-rooted voice was heard on dozens of rock classics, including the Rolling Stones’ Tumbling Dice and Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Sweet Home Alabama, died on Monday at the age of 75. The cause of death was not immediately available.

“I don’t remember all the people who I sung for,” she said in a 1971 interview, at which time she estimated she’d sung on 300 records. Bob Dylan once said "She was my ultimate singing partner. No one ever came close. We were two soulmates.”

Clydie King, Unsung Backup Singer for Ray Charles and Bob Dylan, Dead at 75 – Rolling Stone

RIP

7. James.B

James.B In search of the absurd

Holiday likes this.
  8. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

9. C. Lee

RIP to Jo Andres and condolences to Steve Buscemi and their son.

10. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Registered

11. C. Lee

12. Milk Tray Guy

RIP Carol Channing (I met her once in 1979 when she was starring in Hello Dolly at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane).

13. Milk Tray Guy

Stefanos Miltsakakis, muscleman in 5 Van Damme Films, dies at 59

Stefanos Miltsakakis, who squared off against Jean-Claude Van Damme in Maximum Risk (1996) and four other action films has died at the age of 59. Miltsakakis died in his sleep on Jan 10th at his home in Santa Monica, his manager told The Hollywood Reporter.

As the Russian thug Red Face in Maximum Risk, Miltsakakis fights Van Damme in a blazing building, in a sauna and finally in an elevator. Miltsakakis and Van Damme also appeared together in Cyborg (1989), Lionheart (1990), The Quest (1996), and Derailed (2002).

Stefanos Miltsakakis, Muscleman in 5 Van Damme Films, Dies at 59

14. Morg

Morg Super Moderator

15. Teelie

Teelie The Incredulous Spider-Man

12 years is a good run for a dog. Still sad. I had never heard of Boo until now but damn was he cute.

16. Milk Tray Guy

Windsor Davies, the actor best known for playing Battery Sergeant Major "Shut Up" Williams in the BBC sitcom It Ain't Half Hot Mum, which ran for 56 episodes between 1974 and 1981 has died at the age of 88.

It Ain't Half Hot Mum actor dies aged 88

Huge outpouring of tributes for him. Seems to have been a really nice man.

One of my all-time favourite character actors. RIP 'Lovely boy'.

17. Milk Tray Guy

Andy Vajna, executive producer of several Rambo films as well as Total Recall and several Terminator movies, has died at 74.

The Hungarian National Film Fund confirmed his death, calling him a “dominant figure in the Hungarian and international film industry” who was responsible for the development of the fund.

Andy Vajna, ‘Rambo’ Producer, Dies at 74

18. C. Lee

Andrew Vajna produced many a great action flick.....the RAMBO films, some Schwarzenegger films (RED HEAT, TOTAL RECALL, TERMINATOR 3), and one of the best westerns ever made (TOMBSTONE).....RIP.

19. Milk Tray Guy

Kevin Barnett, stand-up comedian and co-creator of Fox sitcom Rel has died. According to the New York Post, Barnett was 32.

“It it with a heavy heart we inform you of the passing of Kevin Barnett,” Last Podcast Network, which hosts Barnett’s The Roundtable of Gentleman show, wrote in a statement posted on its website Tuesday. The cause of death is not known at this time.

Kevin Barnett, Comedian and 'Rel' Co-Creator, Dies at 32

20. Milk Tray Guy

Singer-comedienne Kaye Ballard, who starred alongside Eve Arden in the 1960s sitcom The Mothers-in-Law and was among the stars of the 1976 feature based on Terrence McNally’s farce The Ritz, died on Monday in Rancho Mirage, California. She was 93.

She became ill soon after attending a screening of a documentary about her life, Kaye Ballard: The Show Goes On, at the Palm Springs Film Festival, according to the Desert Sun.

Kaye Ballard, Star of ‘The Mothers-in-Law,’ Dies at 93

21. Holiday

Holiday Celebrate

I've seen a little bit of Rel which I liked a lot but otherwise didn't know much of Barnett. I gotta say I'm curious to know what happened regarding his death.

22. Milk Tray Guy

James Frawley, veteran Hollywood director of film and TV projects like The Monkees and The Muppet Movie, has died at the age of 82. He died on Jan. 22nd at his home in Indian Wells, California, the Palm Springs Desert Sun reported on Wednesday. His wife, Cynthia Frawley, told the newspaper that Frawley had fallen and had a heart attack after for years facing a lung condition.

James Frawley, 'The Monkees' and 'The Muppet Movie' Director, Dies at 82

RIP

23. Milk Tray Guy

Michel Legrand, three-time Oscar winner and composer of such classic film songs as The Windmills of Your Mind, I Will Wait for You, You Must Believe in Spring and What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?, along with the groundbreaking musical score for The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, has died at the age of 86.

Legrand died at his home early Saturday in Paris, his publicist said. His wife, French actress Macha Meril, was at his side.

Michel Legrand, Oscar-Winning Composer, Dies at 86

One of the all-time greats. RIP Michel Legrand

24. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

RIP. He did the score and theme for the Bond movie "Never say Never Again". And some other stuff I'm sure, but can't think of off the top of my head.

25. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Registered