Robert Downey Jr will play Iron Man in the The Avengers movie right?

I must say this on IM3 and future Marvel franchises, they don't need to be trilogies. I hate the trilogy mentality. Will IM3 happen? Who knows, probably with how much money IM made (assuming IM2 is about as successful). Will it happen with RDJ? Who knows. All I know is I don't need 3 IM movies to be happy with his role in the Marvel Movieverse. 2 and an Avengers flick are enough for me. I would also be happy with 10 IM films. 3 is not the perfect number.

I must say this on IM3 and future Marvel franchises, they don't need to be trilogies. I hate the trilogy mentality. Will IM3 happen? Who knows, probably with how much money IM made (assuming IM2 is about as successful). Will it happen with RDJ? Who knows. All I know is I don't need 3 IM movies to be happy with his role in the Marvel Movieverse. 2 and an Avengers flick are enough for me. I would also be happy with 10 IM films. 3 is not the perfect number.

Thank you. That's kind of been driving me crazy.

Thank you. That's kind of been driving me crazy.

Me too.

I also think people somewhat ignore a character's villain selection. Iron Man's is fairly limited IMO. Past Mandarin and Iron Monger, we have other armored characters (whom would seem like rehashing Iron Monger in other movies IMO) and more henchmen type characters, who would be fine if part of a bigger threat. I think maybe AIM with MODOK as a villain in an IM movie would also work (use some of IM's more henchmen type guys in that movie), but past that, it seems like we are covering the same ground as other IM movies. Thus, I feel he has a limited selection as far as big screen capability goes.

To do more with IM's rogue gallery, you'd have to pull a Raimi with the Sandman and give him a backstory and more motivation to elevate the threat level.

There's also an option people haven't really thought of: Marvel has all of this characters that they can use, but they also have their villains as well. Though most villains are popularly known for being rogues under one character they do mix and match all the time, so why does Iron Man only have to fight Iron Man villains? Why can't, say, they bring back Samuel Sterns from The Incredible Hulk and have Iron Man fight the Leader in a sequel or something? I mean some characters have tones of rogues that they'll never get to use, and others barely have enough for themselves, why not compensate for that?

i'd rather not have IM 3... just do this straight and have a kick ass Avengers film

my biggest worries lie in terms of the planning and shooting of all these movies to coincide and work together... the other being the uber ****ty script writer Zak Pencilneck... who just sucks monkey balls

It will totally get a rewrite. RDJ ad-libbed alot in Iron Man and Ed Nortons not gonna be in it if the script sucked so I'm sure they will all pool together to add to the script.

There's also an option people haven't really thought of: Marvel has all of this characters that they can use, but they also have their villains as well. Though most villains are popularly known for being rogues under one character they do mix and match all the time, so why does Iron Man only have to fight Iron Man villains? Why can't, say, they bring back Samuel Sterns from The Incredible Hulk and have Iron Man fight the Leader in a sequel or something? I mean some characters have tones of rogues that they'll never get to use, and others barely have enough for themselves, why not compensate for that?

That...actually makes a lot of sense. Props :up:

I see what your saying, I guess it is easy to get into the everything comes in 3 mentality.
Plus since this is a multiverse, each new movie can sort of have its foot halfway in the other.
Maybe they'll be 2 IM movies, and a Avengers one, then 3 years down the line from that IM makes a random appearance in a Namor movie.

This is great news, four new Avenger films getting release dates.

If the Thor and Cap movies are as authentic as the Iron Man film, then the Avengers film will be an Amazing spectacle.... and hopefully will be as good as the individual films.

This is so cool,.. after seeing how great Iron Man was... and how much potential IM2 holds, it's the real life depication of the MU on the big screen- done much more authentically than the Spidey or FF films, both of which did not quite nail the source for me.

Agree,.

Most series lose the quality in the third...

RDJ isn't getting any younger. I say leave it at IM2 and Avengers.

By the time Avengers rolls around I'll be 21... that is a frightening prospect.

However, geekgasms galore when I finally see Cap, Iron Man and Thor on the screen at once. (Especially Thor, I've waited too damn long for Thor!)

However, geekgasms galore when I finally see Cap, Iron Man and Thor on the screen at once. (Especially Thor, I've waited too damn long for Thor!)

LOL I'd prob do the same, I mean seeing them all screen kicking villains butts is some thing that will be amazing to see.

Also RDJ fo Iron Man 3 or no Iron Man 3, he's one of the reasons the first film did so great. He does the character right on, which is why I want him in Avengers too as Iron Man, having any one else play the character would just be plan wrong. Also I like Iron Mans villains, but yah just stick with 3, I'd be fine with that.

I will have graduated college by the time Cap and Avengers come out (and if I get my credits worked right, before Thor also) :csad:

Me too.

I also think people somewhat ignore a character's villain selection. Iron Man's is fairly limited IMO. Past Mandarin and Iron Monger, we have other armored characters (whom would seem like rehashing Iron Monger in other movies IMO) and more henchmen type characters, who would be fine if part of a bigger threat. I think maybe AIM with MODOK as a villain in an IM movie would also work (use some of IM's more henchmen type guys in that movie), but past that, it seems like we are covering the same ground as other IM movies. Thus, I feel he has a limited selection as far as big screen capability goes.

To do more with IM's rogue gallery, you'd have to pull a Raimi with the Sandman and give him a backstory and more motivation to elevate the threat level.

I think there is enough story for where a third solo Iron Man film could work. Bit I do agree that the character's rogues gallery is pretty weak. MODOK and AIM might not be bad. Two others that I think could work are Count Nefaria and Madame Masque.

I think there is enough story for where a third solo Iron Man film could work. Bit I do agree that the character's rogues gallery is pretty weak. MODOK and AIM might not be bad. Two others that I think could work are Count Nefaria and Madame Masque.

I never liked Count Nefaria until he got the powers of the other villains.

I never liked Count Nefaria until he got the powers of the other villains.

They would have to keep the superpowers angle with him. I would say present it as a genetics experiment that doesn't involve guys like the Living Laser, Whirlwind, etc.

I agree.

The trilogy concept doesn't work with super-hero comic franchises unless they're small stories like Watchmen.

IM, FF, DD, MK, Spider-man, Cap etc can all support several movies due to their serial nature from the comics. They're supposed to keep going with new stories, not have a limited shelf life.

Bit I do agree that the character's rogues gallery is pretty weak.

It's got amazing potential, though.

Don't forget the films can update the concepts, too.

MODOK and AIM might not be bad.

AIM I can see working, MODOK is going to cause major headaches for audiences to take him a seriously with his visuals.

Two others that I think could work are Count Nefaria and Madame Masque.

Agreed.

Well I was thinking maybe they could do a team up for the third. Since Marvel would be working on this he'd make sure it would be awesome. I think if hanndled right it could work out :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"