Robert Downey Jr Signs Two-Picture Deal To Return As Iron Man In The Avengers Sequels

No. No it wasn't.

No seriously it was. Damn good and fun film. Besides I'm having trouble taking you seriously as a CBM fan if Avengers isn't in your Top 2; let alone your Top 10.

I see a reason when the first IM set out a promising idea for the Ten Rings, which Shane Black screwed up....and a promising build up for Mandarin....which Shane Black screwed up.

If we get a film that forgets about IM3 and gives us a better take on Mandarin with Ghost helping him out...that would be all kinds of amazing.
Well, you won't be getting a film like that unless the whole MCU is rebooted or if you or any other IM3-hater were to become a successful director who could convince Feige and co. that a movie that made $1.2B worldwide was "screwed up" and that they should let you retcon the Iron Man franchise with a new movie featuring a non-twisty, straightforward Mandarin.

Neither of those things will happen anytime soon, so I suggest you be ready to deal with it.

No seriously it was. Damn good and fun film. Besides I'm having trouble taking you seriously as a CBM fan if Avengers isn't in your Top 2; let alone your Top 10.

Uh-oh, the Marvelite with Marvel everything on their avvy and sig can't take me serious because The Avengers isn't in my top 10 or 2....

And no, it's not a great film. Might be a fun blockbuster film in the ranks of TAS-M, but it wasn't anything more than silly fun mixed with an awful villain and the worst last five or so minutes I've seen in a CBM in a long, long time.

Well, you won't be getting a film like that unless the whole MCU is rebooted or if you or any other IM3-hater were to become a successful director who could convince Feige and co. that a movie that made $1.2B worldwide was "screwed up" and that they should let you retcon the Iron Man franchise with a new movie featuring a non-twisty, straightforward Mandarin.

You sure showed me! Hahahaha.

Neither of those things will happen anytime soon, so I suggest you be ready to deal with it.

Or just not watch it, lol.

What exactly do you mean by "deal with it"? I should be tied down to watch it?

And...you seem so sure of yourself when there's been nothing of an Iron Man 4 being made or in talks.

Loved Iron Man 3. Good to see RDJ back for Avengers sequels.

Couldn't imagine anyone else as Tony Stark/Iron Man.

Uh-oh, the Marvelite with Marvel everything on their avvy and sig can't take me serious because The Avengers isn't in my top 10 or 2....

And no, it's not a great film. Might be a fun blockbuster film in the ranks of TAS-M, but it wasn't anything more than silly fun mixed with an awful villain and the worst last five or so minutes I've seen in a CBM in a long, long time.

Wait you talking about Iron Man 3 or The Dark Knight Rises? :huh:

This thread is about RDJ and his performances in the Iron Man movies and what he brings to future Avengers movies.

It shouldn't be another ''everything wrong with Iron Man 3'' thread.

But part of that issue is that with the ending of IM3, it heavily affects what he could bring to Avengers 2 and 3. So opinions of the ending are going to take up a lot of the thread.

Uh-oh the "DC-ite" with the the DC avatar doesn't like Marvel films?

While I love the MCU I also happen to be a big fan of TDK trilogy and TDK in and of itself is a masterpiece. The 1A to The Avengers 1 IMHO. Im also eagerly anticipating MOS once my schedule avails itself.

But to say IM3 was awful is absurd. If it came down to not liking the last five minutes of the film to make it stink than I suggest rewatching TDKR'S ending.

But part of that issue is that with the ending of IM3, it heavily affects what he could bring to Avengers 2 and 3. So opinions of the ending are going to take up a lot of the thread.

Yeah I just guessed you meant that way, and I meant in another way (acting ability, performance)...lol

Never mind.

I personally hated what was done with IM3, even the Extremis part was disappointing so I don't really care if they make another solo IM anytime soon.

Now RDJ in the next 2 Avengers films is great. Whedon isn't perfect but I doubt that he would let many of us down like Black did.

It's not trying if it's a success.

When it's a success, I'll let you know.

This thread is about RDJ and his performances in the Iron Man movies and what he brings to future Avengers movies.

It shouldn't be another ''everything wrong with Iron Man 3'' thread.

And nor did I try to make it another one of those. People could have looked past what I said about a fourth film forgetting about the third, but nope... I mean, I DID say I am pleased that Iron Man is in the hands of Whedon.

Uh-oh the "DC-ite" with the the DC avatar doesn't like Marvel films?

Apparently Iron Man and Spider-Man 2 are DC films....

While I love the MCU I also happen to be a big fan of TDK trilogy and TDK in and of itself is a masterpiece. The 1A to The Avengers 1 IMHO. Im also eagerly anticipating MOS once my schedule avails itself.

So while you can totally have a wide spectrum of films you appreciate, I can't have higher rated films before The Avengers? Hrm?

But to say IM3 was awful is absurd. If it came down to not liking the last five minutes of the film to make it stink than I suggest rewatching TDKR'S ending.

Except that TDKR's was just fine. It had an ending which Nolan was trying to do. Iron Man shouldn't have that kind of ending where he gets rid of his armory and his mini-arc when he's going to be in Avengers 2 and 3. Nor do I appreciate what they did with Pepper. And don't get me started with Mandarin and Killian.

So, no, it's not absurd that someone would have a different opinion than you :cwink:

I personally hated what was done with IM3, even the Extremis part was disappointing so I don't really care if they make another solo IM anytime soon.

Now RDJ in the next 2 Avengers films is great. Whedon isn't perfect but I doubt that he would let many of us down like Black did.

:up::up::up:

Last edited:
Maybe not a successful joke for you but more posters than you found it funny, so yeah.

I'm not sure why you continue to try to insult posters, at least me specifically, for no discernible reason.

Maybe not a successful joke for you but more posters than you found it funny, so yeah.

I'm not sure why you continue to try to insult posters, at least me specifically, for no discernible reason.

Two or three, oh my :o

And please...insult posters? Nothing beats saying certain posters give Nolan "e-blowjobs", bud.

Hopefully they retcon those awful last 5 minutes of Iron Man 3.

They don't need a retcon, just a more clear explanation.

In the comics he eventually got the shrapnel out of his chest so I have no issue with it as long as they explain why he couldn't have done it earlier.

They don't need a retcon, just a more clear explanation.

In the comics he eventually got the shrapnel out of his chest so I have no issue with it as long as they explain why he couldn't have done it earlier.

:up:

Instead, Black tried to make IM3 feel like some kind of ending, which really ruined the film even more for me. If he knew Dr. Wu since '99, then why couldn't he have gotten that mess removed during IM2 when it was killing him? Plus, it's only speculating that Wu didn't have the right technology because nothing is clear when Wu's only in the film twice as well as there only being like a year-two year tops between IM2 and IM3.

Its not a matter of whether he COULD have gotten the shrapnel taken out earlier, its a matter that he wasn't motivated to. Even when the whole chest reactor set up was threatening his health, the fact that he was constantly on the brink of death and that he was fighting it off with his technology had become a major part of Tony's ego, it became part of the narrative and view of himself as a changed man, it was what separated him from his shallow past-self. This use of technology as a shield against the potential danger of his life further manifests with him obsessively building suits for every possible threat and situation but what he was really doing was keeping the world at arms length, pushing away the reality of what he faced. All that any of it did was create a buffer rather than solve the problem, exactly the same as the reactor with the shrapnel in his chest. The great development of Iron Man 3 is that Tony finally faces all of these issues, be it his emotional trauma, his insecurities with Pepper, or the shrapnel in his chest.

I too am glad that RDJ signed up for A2 and A3. I really hope the others do so as well.

As for IM4, I don't mind not having it. 3 movies is good enough. And I haven't even watched the third one.

Three movies is definitely good enough for solo totals. I guess we should expect a new cast for phase 4 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"