Robert Pattinson IS The Batman

I’ve been bored with Conroy as Batman for over a decade now.
Well that’s a little harsh. Some projects work for him (like both of the Superman/Batman movies IMO), but using him in a film that’s supposed to be TDK-adjacent...? Just doesn’t make sense.

Conroy hasn’t done anything since Arkham City. Don’t know whatcha talkin about.

I really wish Jeremy Sisto had become a regular VA for Bats.

Why did you remind me Batman Harley Quinn exists. Why would you do that to me.

Just got done watching The Devil All the Time and honestly I think its worth watching for Battinson's performance alone even though he isn't in it a whole lot. Now, I loved it, but I can understand how some probably won't enjoy it at all given the story, but god is he great in it and the man just knows how to play the most slimy, creepy and vile human beings on the planet, but that's just a testament of how great of a character actor he is.

I do slightly wish that Conroy retired with Arkham Knight, for reasons that should be obvious. And I certainly wish he got better stuff than Killing Joke and B+HQ, but otherwise I've had no issues with Conroy's career after City. He was great in Injustice 1 and 2, as well as Fatal Five. And he's still who I hear when I read Batman comics. I do hope that he effectively passes the torch down to someone new relatively soon, but I'll always take more Conroy as Batman.

Are people just saying it's not good? I think it's pretty damn good lol he does sound funny, but he's still acting his ass off, as usual.

That scene in particular is a bit off and felt hammy, but Rob is genuinely magnificent in his other scenes.

Made me more excited to see what he'll do with Batman. He's got tremendous vocal range.

I was gonna watch this eventually, but now I feel like it needs to be sooner rather than later...

Are people just saying it's not good? I think it's pretty damn good lol he does sound funny, but he's still acting his ass off, as usual.

A top dialect coach says that Pattinson's accent is actually really good except with one scene where he was not quite dialed in. Also thinks the performance is magnificent and really uses his vocal range to explore the character's personality and the performance:
Let’s Talk About the Accents in The Devil All the Time
Old timey Southern preachers are often over the top, vane, and in love with the sound of their own voice. Pattinson nailed that with his performance.

Lol his accent sounds weird there, but tbh weird, semi-off sounding accents is a totally Tom Hardy-ish thing, and he's made that work for him.

HqiSyl3.jpg

zNfBlk7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"