Rodhulk's "series that you would launch"

But, seriously, the comic I'd like to see has been done recently...it's just been done so poorly. I loved the old comics, like Marvel Fanfare, that focused on different characters. But, Amazing Fantasy tried it, and Marvel put out some horrid crap. Why do we need new versions of Scorpion, Death's Head, and Vampire at Night when we have a slew of characters from Marvel's past? Heck, I even liked Marvel Comics Presents.

Also, I would love to see Marvel get more into the licensed books. Marvel was great in the 80's, with Conan, Rom, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, 2001 A Space Odessy. Now, nothing. Marvel could do well with an established franchise, as long as they do it right.

They should get ahold of GI Joe again and have Captain America cross over. :D

Wonderman. I would have a Wonderman series showing a celebrity in LA making movies, getting caught in scandals and being a superhero.

That could be cool in an Entourage-y kind of way, especially if Beast co-starred. A Wonder Man & Beast comic would rule.

I like the Wonder-Man & Beast idea. that sounds cool.

How about Marvel Comics Presents: 21st Century!

Flip through different archs featuring characters without their own titles. you plan two archs ahead, and listen to fan response to plan the next arch. Start with "GLX: Fighting Destiny" where in there is someone out there, determined to kill each member of the GLX, and they know how to do it. He doesn't directly attack them, he is sending in killer after killer. the second arch would be
"Power Pack: All Fall Down" centering on Katie Power, now in middle school, trying to figure out her place in the world now that half her team, siblings, are gone. Alex is attending Westpoint, Julie is in L.A., and Jack wants nothing to do with his little sister.
the Third would be "Excelsior: Star Struck" where Julie actually gets a big time job. will this be her big break? will she desert her team when it seems they need her most? Will she fall in love with the person with a crush on her? Will she date a movie star? Will there be any real people in Hollywood?

Relaunch Captain Marvel with Genis and his Father attempting to break out of Death's Realm.

roach said:
Codename:Captain America...this would be a series that deals with Cap's years fighting the Axis

Great Googally moogally! I wanna see THAT!

I'm a HUGE WWII fan and having a comic based around the events of WWII would be AWESOME!

*Fangirl Geekagasm*

I think there's something fundamentally wrong about being a "fan" of a war... :p
rodhulk said:
Who's Thor?
This really cool dude who's like, a god.

And stuff.

I would launch Dream Police as an ongoing.

I would launch two more Marvel Team Up Books. with two new writers.

I would launch a Damage Control Mini (by Slott)

I would launch an ongoing Namor book that isn't in the 20s and rules

I would launch a new Invaders ongoing (set during WWII)

I would launch an ongoing Sabertooth (Set in the past so we learn all of that history)

I would launch a Imperial Guard ongoing

And I would launch a Starjammers ongoing.

twylight said:
Great Googally moogally! I wanna see THAT!

I'm a HUGE WWII fan and having a comic based around the events of WWII would be AWESOME!

*Fangirl Geekagasm*

It would play heavily with him being Pvt. Rogers by day being yelled at by Sgt. Duffy and then being Captain America at night....crushing spies and saboteurs in the US....leading troops in Europe....I have imagined this story where Captain America fights the Nazis at a beach drawing attention away from Normandy so that the US can land there.

I would prefer it to be an ongoing.....but I think that Slott is great on minis....for me anyway, cause this was I only get pumped for 4, 5 or 6 issues. Not like me gettign pumped for an ongoing that get's canned after 8 issues.....Stupid Marvel.

rodhulk said:
Who's Thor?
One pics of the comic Thor and two of the classic Thor
thor1.jpg

thor2.jpg

thor3.jpg

I would launch a WWI story......has Marvel ever done anything WWI?

Probably not. Arrowsmith was a great comic centering on a reimagined version of WWI, though.

I have an comic book series, but it would probably have to be independant or DC published, not Marvel. It would, basically, be a comic about Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, and Grant Morrison. They're having coffee in London, run into John COnstantine while he's on some trans dimensional trip, and get caught up in some crazy ****, meeting many of their creations in the proccess.

It'd be intended as a dark comedy of sorts, obviously.

MJOILNIR said:
One pics of the comic Thor and two of the classic Thor
thor1.jpg

thor2.jpg

thor3.jpg
Thanks, MJOLNIR. I was only kidding, though, when I asked Corp on who Thor is. I have many comics with him in them. He's one of my fav's in all of comicdom. In fact, just click on my username and check in the threads that I've started up and you'll see I have a couple with Thor in the title.

I really hope they bring him back in his own comic.

Anybody know if there's gonna be a movie on Thor?

I guess no one liked my "Marvel Comics Presents: 21st Century" idea...

Oh and another arch for that:

"Shocker: Dead and Loving It" The Shocker dies, but only sort of. upon his death something happens to derail his e-ticket ride to hell. now he's facing cosmic beings and Loki trying to get his life back, literally. Can Marvel's living prat fall do something so great he would earn his life back? how will his death change his life? (this obviously could be changed to be any low level villain you want)

The Question said:
I have an comic book series, but it would probably have to be independant or DC published, not Marvel. It would, basically, be a comic about Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, and Grant Morrison. They're having coffee in London, run into John COnstantine while he's on some trans dimensional trip, and get caught up in some crazy ****, meeting many of their creations in the proccess.

It'd be intended as a dark comedy of sorts, obviously.

No one likes? :(

Zoken said:
I guess no one liked my "Marvel Comics Presents: 21st Century" idea...

Oh and another arch for that:

"Shocker: Dead and Loving It" The Shocker dies, but only sort of. upon his death something happens to derail his e-ticket ride to hell. now he's facing cosmic beings and Loki trying to get his life back, literally. Can Marvel's living prat fall do something so great he would earn his life back? how will his death change his life? (this obviously could be changed to be any low level villain you want)
I've been away since the morning but it's not a bad idea at all. :up:

Your 'shocker' is cool too.

The Question said:
No one likes? :(
I was actually gonna get to yours if you would have just waited....:mad: ;)

That's a cool idea, too. DC or some smaller, idependant company could publish it. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"