Roger Moore Sucked In "For Your Eyes Only."

Wasn;t she close to Roger Moore's age too? a shame that while Moore kept getting older with each movie his female co-stars kept getting younger.

Yeah, they were both too old. Moneypenny showed it more. Although Moore looked ridiculous seducing Tanya Roberts. He looked like he could be her father.

And how can any of you hate A View To A Kill? :csad:

Have you got all day? :oldrazz:

The plot is uninteresting for starters. Tanya Roberts can't act to save her life, and she's one of the most ineffectual Bond girls, forever screaming "James, James". Moore is far too old for the role by this point.

Walken and Grace Jones are the highlights of the movie.

The scene they ripped off from Goldfinger?

Goldfinger's monologue to his gangster friends was epic.

"Man has climbed Mount Everest. Gone to the bottom of the ocean. He has fired rockets to the moon. Split the atom. Achieved miracles in every field of human endeavor...except crime!!!"

The most un-watchable Moore Bond flick for me is The Man With The Golden Gun. It was aweful to me. I even prefer Moonraker to it; in fact the ONLY thing i hated about Moonraker was that they turned Jaws from a sinister villain, to somewhat of a charcacture and a comic relief item.

The most un-watchable Moore Bond flick for me is The Man With The Golden Gun. It was aweful to me. I even prefer Moonraker to it; in fact the ONLY thing i hated about Moonraker was that they turned Jaws from a sinister villain, to somewhat of a charcacture and a comic relief item.

The Man with the Golden Gun was awful, too. Like A View to a Kill, it's got a great villain played by a great actor, with an awful leading lady, and a tedious plot.

Regarding Moonraker, did you not think the big space battle with the laser guns and all was way too Sci Fi for a Bond movie? They were obviously competing with the Star Wars craze at the time.

"Man has climbed Mount Everest. Gone to the bottom of the ocean. He has fired rockets to the moon. Split the atom. Achieved miracles in every field of human endeavor...except crime!!!"

And now let's queue the cartoon-ish ending involving sleeping gas and lasers. People need to realize that the Sean Connery films were just as over-the-top and ridiculous as the Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan ones. The only difference is that the Connery flicks had great undertones which is why audiences accept the silliness. Really, the only non-Connery movie to have great undertone is GoldenEye.

The most un-watchable Moore Bond flick for me is The Man With The Golden Gun. It was aweful to me. I even prefer Moonraker to it;

Atleast Moonraker wasn't ridiculously un-even. Moonraker is a crappy movie, but people really exaggerate its crappiness. Bond doesn't even go into space till the end. The rest of the movie is just a re-hash of The Spy Who Loved Me.

And now let's queue the cartoon-ish ending involving sleeping gas and lasers. People need to realize that the Sean Connery films were just as over-the-top and ridiculous as the Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan ones. The only difference is that the Connery flicks had great undertones which is why audiences accept the silliness. Really, the only non-Connery movie to have great undertone is GoldenEye.

Nobody is criticizing the outlandish nature of the plots in Moore's movies. Just the blandness of them. Or in some cases the silliness of them (building a civilization in space, or underwater etc). That kind of crap is more akin to a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

I like an outlandish plot that at least has some cleverness and credibility to it. Like Goldfinger's, where he was going to make the gold supply of the United States useless for decades by making it radioactive, and the value of his own gold then increases ten times as a result.

Genius.

The Man with the Golden Gun was awful, too. Like A View to a Kill, it's got a great villain played by a great actor, with an awful leading lady, and a tedious plot.

Regarding Moonraker, did you not think the big space battle with the laser guns and all was way too Sci Fi for a Bond movie? They were obviously competing with the Star Wars craze at the time.

I haven't watched it in quite sometime, so i can't remember the big space battles very clearly. I'm sure they look corny and dated now, but back when i watched it i don't remember thinking it was all that bad and it was all the way at the end.

I have four words for you guys:
[YT]l7t0s1rLkXY[/YT]

Did you see You Only Live Twice?

Yeah, and I didn't think much of it. Connery looked bored in the role. The women were rather bland. The plot was boring for the most part. Blofeld was great, and his plan to start a war between Russia and the United States was outlandish but clever.

his plan to start a war between Russia and the United States was outlandish but clever.

But it involved stealing a space ship...in space. :huh: That's very...Saturday morning cartoon-esque.

They never went into space. They only stopped a missle from destorying russia, to be blamed on Japan. That's not saturday morning cartoon-esque at all. Thats a product of the cold war.

Yeah, they were both too old. Moneypenny showed it more. Although Moore looked ridiculous seducing Tanya Roberts. He looked like he could be her father.

Have you got all day? :oldrazz:

The plot is uninteresting for starters. Tanya Roberts can't act to save her life, and she's one of the most ineffectual Bond girls, forever screaming "James, James". Moore is far too old for the role by this point.

Walken and Grace Jones are the highlights of the movie.

A View to a Kill was basically, a 1980s remake of Goldfinger. Except, you have a way past his prime actor playing James Bond, a wimpy and whiny main Bond girl, and an overlong plot. The only real redeeming values are Christopher Walken as the villain, some of the stunts, and Duran Duran's main theme song.

In fairness, Roger Moore was always significantly older than his Bond girls. I think he was in his late 40s when he did his first Bond movie. It's just that he looked more youthful and boyish in about his first three movies to overlook this.

Tanya Roberts also has that incredibly grating, Bronx accent. I find it awfully eerie that he arguably helped get Charlie's Angels canceled four years earlier before showing up in one of the weakest Bond movies.

TBH, I was never a fan of Moore's Bond films after Moonraker...he just looks TOO OLD in "For Your Eyes Only", "Octopussy", and "View to a Kill"...

Love some of the settings and other characters, like that final showdown on the Golden Gate Bridge in 'View'...

But it involved stealing a space ship...in space. :huh: That's very...Saturday morning cartoon-esque.

That wasn't the goal of the grand plan. Just a means to achieve it. Whereas with the likes of Drax and Stromberg, their goal was to build civilizations in space, or underwater.

TBH, I was never a fan of Moore's Bond films after Moonraker...he just looks TOO OLD in "For Your Eyes Only", "Octopussy", and "View to a Kill"...

Love some of the settings and other characters, like that final showdown on the Golden Gate Bridge in 'View'...

I liked FYEO and Octopussy pretty well. He didn't look too absurd with Maud Adams in Octopussy-they looked close enough in age. Octopussy did have what might be the lowest visual image in the series, however:

Bond.jpg

I liked FYEO and Octopussy pretty well. He didn't look too absurd with Maud Adams in Octopussy-they looked close enough in age. Octopussy did have what might be the lowest visual image in the series, however:

Bond.jpg

Sad Moore Clown makes me sad. :csad:

[YT]vL3hXzQjeO0[/YT]
That doesnt count....there was a reason for being in space, but they never flew into space and had a battle or something. Space was mearly a scene or two. Not a climax.

That doesnt count....there was a reason for being in space, but they never flew into space and had a battle or something. Space was mearly a scene or two. Not a climax.

That opening was as over-the-top as the ending to Moonraker. I don't see how fighting in space is less plausable than stealing a space ship. Keep in mind that YOLT, TSWLM, and Moonraker were directed by the same guy: Lewis Gilbert. His three films are the most cartoon-ish in the series and equally ridiculous. The difference between them is the writing. YOLT was written by Roald Dahl. Yes, the author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, and Fantastic Mr. Fox to name a few. That's why YOLT seems so much like a kids movie and why audiences are so accepting of it. Watching YOLT is like watching a Saturday morning cartoon. TSWLM was written by series regular Richard Maibaum, so it features more of the classic Bond stuff. Scenes like the rooftop fight in Egypt are Bond standards. So, audiences are accepting of the familiar. And, Moonraker was written by Christopher Wood who did re-writes on TSWLM as well as the novelization of the script. Clearly, he's the weakest of the three writers. So, really, Moonraker isn't the worst cause it's the chessiest. It's just the worst written. The movie is basically a re-hash of TSWLM but with a space theme.

i think it's pretty clear to state that most of the Bond movies with Roger Moore were really campy

Bond.jpg

Worse than this?

yolt2.jpg

:doom: :doom: :doom:

i think it's pretty clear to state that most of the Bond movies with Roger Moore were really campy
Bond was campy ever since Goldfinger, all the way to The Living Daylights. But Roger Moore embraced that part of the character the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"