Rogues Galleries that need to be revamped

Iron man.
They haven't been used very well in the last few years.
Hulks as well. I haven't seen him fight any of his old baddies in a long while.

Really Marvel needs a revamp on all there baddies.
Im super tired of seeing repeat fights of Doom vs FF or frightful four vs FF, and Hero vs hero all the time.
We need new dangers, and more use of bad guy vs hero, and less Hero vs hero.

None. They just need to actually go out and fight villains instead of heroes for a change.

Daredevil.

I'd like to see Brubaker turn The Unholy Trio (Ani-Men) and maybe The Jester into serious threats.

Iron Man, I like alot of the IM villians, but characters like Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man need updated.

Daredevil.

I'd like to see Brubaker turn The Unholy Trio (Ani-Men) and maybe The Jester into serious threats.
The Jester was killed by the Punisher in CW #5.

Apocalypse really needs some reworking after the 90s in general, and Milligan's story (which at least ended by suggesting a new direction to take the character).

The Jester was killed by the Punisher in CW #5.

That isnt the original Mr. Fear running around in the current issues of Daredevil either. Villains die all the time :yay:

I was thinking Bru could create a NEW Jester.

agreed with deathshend.

spiderman needs new villains too.

???????????????????? NO! he has the best rouges gallery in comics.hulks gallery seems to be increasing and i bet some planet hulk villians will find thier way to him.the gamma corps were a nice tribute.I wonderd when harpy would show up again.

spiderman ropgues gallery is bland as hell now. how many stories of stopping doc ock or the lizard do i have to suffer through?! his rogues gallery needs to be revamped,retirng some of the villains will be a good move.

Yep when was the last time any of these heroes fought a worthwhile villain.

Iron man.

Iron Man has a few problems, his communist villains became irrelevant after 1991, so they need to be retooled.

Another problem is Iron Man's power creep. The Melter used to be able to affect Iron Man's armour, but after a while Iron man put upgrades on his armour that made melter's beam ineffective against him. All of Iron man's rogues (except Mandrain) would need an upgrade to be a threat. Some villain should upgrade their tech, so they would be a threat again.

Iron Man: you know it gets bad when he starts fighting his friends because we ran outta villains for him.

Iron Man: you know it gets bad when he starts fighting his friends because we ran outta villains for him.

He has some good villains, they just need to be updated or upgraded:

Mandarin is fine.

What if the Crimson Dynamo armour fell into the hands of grtoup of Russian ultra nationalists, who want to create a military dictatorship in Russia, to make it a powerful nation again.

There some villains who could be Tony's league, with a few upgrades. Controller's mind control tech could be very dangerous, imagine if he switched his slave discs with mind control nano bots and I would say he is above the level of a thug. Living Laser is a being of pure energy and his stalker personality is very scary, he could be very dangerous. The Ghost could be dangerous, he can be a mental thrteat rather a physical one, with his sleath and intangiblity powers, he can cause a lot of problems for Tony, especially with his fanatical anti corporate views.

that's the real reason behind Civil War...Tony just got bored, drunk, and in a fight with Captain America about which of them would win in a fight...he later got into a fight with Bruce Banner about who would win in a fight, Hulk or Sentry...and most recently has gotten into a fight with Dr. Strange about who would win, himself or the entire Skrull empire...all of these events are actually Iron Mans drunken rambling spun out of control

Iron Man villians most definetly need a revamp.

Also a ton of Marvel villians could do with some added characterization, reasons for motervation and backstory development. Not saying whole issues should be based on a villian, but a couple of pages or pannels going towards developing them wouldn't hurt. Rarther than the whole turn up fight hero disappear scenario.

for the established villains its too late to give them characterization. I don't want to hear about doc ock's sob story.Lizard needs to retire, just cure him and leave the character be.

for the established villains its too late to give them characterization. I don't want to hear about doc ock's sob story.Lizard needs to retire, just cure him and leave the character be.

I disagree, Johns revamped Flash's rogues gallery by fleshing out their character and giving back stories to characters who have been around since the 50s, why can't someone do the same to Spidey's villains?

I disagree, Johns revamped Flash's rogues gallery by fleshing out their character and giving back stories to characters who have been around since the 50s, why can't someone do the same to Spidey's villains?

I think it was awesome what Geoff Johns did for Flashs Rogues. Too many writers forget about the villians. Heroes are only as good as the villians they fight. People will buy comics with Doctor Doom, Lex Luthor, Joker or Magneto in it because they are fully fleshed out characters. We know their motives, their personalities and it makes them intresting in not just a way as providing someone with powers for them to fight.

I think it was awesome what Geoff Johns did for Flashs Rogues. Too many writers forget about the villians. Heroes are only as good as the villians they fight. People will buy comics with Doctor Doom, Lex Luthor, Joker or Magneto in it because they are fully fleshed out characters. We know their motives, their personalities and it makes them intresting in not just a way as providing someone with powers for them to fight.

Then why was the orignal Venom so popular, when he first showed up the Brock side hated Spider-man for bringing in the Sin-Eater, and thus proving that his "sin-eater" was a fake.

Iron man.

Read Ironman the Inevitable, for excellent use of old IM rogues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"