Ron Howard's Rush With Chris Hemsworth

Finally saw this film, and it is easily my favorite film that I've seen this year after a summer of mediocrity. Howard's best since Apollo 13. Both leads were fantastic, and Hemsworth in particular will be a huge star if he keeps this up. Of the non-RDJ Avengers members, he's the one with the most potential.

The movie really reminded me a lot of The Prestige except more optimistic. In that film the rivalry obsession leads to ruin for both men. In this film it drives them to success and in the case of Lauda almost literally saves his life. I found that interesting.

I could watch this movie over and over again. I loved it.

Wow, I'm hearing alot of wide acclaim for this movie.I might have to check this out. I'm not really interested in race car movies or race cars in general though....will that make a difference in my viewing of the film?

I don't think so...

Wow, I'm hearing alot of wide acclaim for this movie.I might have to check this out. I'm not really interested in race car movies or race cars in general though....will that make a difference in my viewing of the film?

I don't think it really makes a difference. While there are a lot of race scenes, the rivalry could really be over anything. It is more about the characters.

I'm a Formula 1 fan so yeah really enjoyed Rush. Bruhl was great and cinematography beautiful. 8/10

Bruhl's performance was nomination worthy.

I loved this movie and so did my girlfriend. I'm a huge Formula 1 fan and she doesn't care for it (she's seen a few races). I can't wait to go see it again. I actually saw it with the D-Box seating. :D

Finally saw it last weekend and loved it. The characters are well written, the story is fascinating and thrilling even though you know how it ends. Daniel Bruhl gives a brilliant performance. He's nearly perfect as Lauda. Chris Hemsworth is awesome. He shows he can do more than be an action hero. The rest of the cast is also great. And the race scenes are fantastic, too.

Just got back from this. Probably my favorite flick of the year. Really well made. :up:

Everything that was good in this was the real events. It's kinda hard to make that boring , uninteresting or simply very mundane...but Howard almost does that. Also the script presents us almost a lie , in the way they construct this rivalry which really wasn't like that at all. Also Lauda is hauled as one of the greatest of all times. Hunt is exactly known as the guy who won because Lauda suffered a major incident. He's also known for everything he did outside the tracks. They were never seen as equal talent wise. Now a Lauda vs Prost film...it would have been awesome. Ending with that insane Estoril race. (i dont even need to mention Prost-Senna , which would make insane movies)

My dad loved this . Huge huge f1 aficionado (having the luck to see lots of races here , especially the one i mentioned!).

Good work by Brühl . His wife is gorgeous by the way. (the actress and the person she plays).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"