Ron Howard's Rush With Chris Hemsworth

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
james-hunt.png
chris-7.jpg

EXCLUSIVE
: Chris Hemsworth will get behind the wheel to star in the role of British Formula One driver James Hunt in Rush, the Peter Morgan(The Last King of Scotland,Frost/Nixon,The Queen)-scripted drama that shapes up as the next directing effort for Ron Howard. Cross Creek Pictures is the backer, with Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Howard producing alongside Brian Oliver and Working Title partners Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner.
Talks are underway for Hemsworth to play Hunt in the story of his rivalry with Niki Lauda for Formula One circuit dominance in the 1970s. Deals aren't done yet, but it's all shaping up for this picture to happen early next year. Hemsworth is already set to reprise his role as Thor in the Marvel Studios sequel that has been dated for a July 26, 2013 release by Disney. There is no distributor aboard yet on Rush, but considering that both Imagine and Working Title are based at Universal, the likelihood is that the picture will land there. The prime mover has been Oliver's Cross Creek, which, after making a killing on Black Swan, is in the middle of several major pictures including the George Clooney-directed The Ides of March. Hemsworth's repped by IFA and ROAR.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/between-thor-turns-chris-hemsworth-revs-rush/

Yes, I love Daniel Brühl. AND Hemsworth. I don't know anything about the subject matter, but I'm already confident it will at least be better than Driven, so that's...something.

Yes, I love Daniel Brühl. AND Hemsworth. I don't know anything about the subject matter, but I'm already confident it will at least be better than Driven, so that's...something.

Hey look, Driven was the best CGI cartoon cars flipping through the air in slow motion while Stallone plays Yoda and Estella Warren actually has lines movie I've ever seen.

Chris looks like a clean-shaven Thor in this one. :D

Last edited:
I think he kinda looks like a bulkier Heath Ledger.

Hey look, Driven was the best CGI cartoon cars flipping through the air in slow motion while Stallone plays Yoda and Estella Warren actually has lines movie I've ever seen.
Well ya got me there. :oldrazz:

Awesome!

Definitely the kind of movie that's right up my alley, and seeing Thor in the driver's seat is just bonus. I don't think there's as much drama in the James Hunt-Nikki Lauda duel as there was in the Ayrton Senna-Alain Prost rivalry, though....as great a director as Ron Howard is, I just don't think this movie will have the same kind of emotional resonance that Senna did. Senna is probably going to remain the seminal movie about not just Grand Prix, but racing in general....absolutely stunning film, for those who haven't seen it yet.

Chris looks good. :up:

let's hope we get 'Apollo 13' Ron Howard and not 'The Dilemma' Ron Howard.

I always forget that he did "The Dilemma". :hehe:

I know. At least, can we get 'Frost/Nixon' Ron?

This shows how uneven Howard has been in recent years. Either he's good or he'll make something forgettable.

^well this a drama with the screen writer of The Last King of Scotland,Frost/Nixon,The Queen

i think we are in good hands with quite a solid cast

He needs to do "The Intimidation Game". You know he wants to. :hehe:

The Best Formula 1 Racing movie so far is Senna and that was a documentary about the Brazilian playboy racing champion Ayrton Senna and his rivalry with French driver Alain Prost.

[YT]t6rvBiYBL-w[/YT]

Could Chris Hemsworth be anymore gorgeous? I mean the man is just blindingly attractive.

The Best Formula 1 Racing movie so far is Senna and that was a documentary about the Brazilian playboy racing champion Ayrton Senna and his rivalry with French driver Alain Prost.

[YT]t6rvBiYBL-w[/YT]

When I was a kid I thought Steve McQueen's "LeMan's" was cool.

I know. At least, can we get 'Frost/Nixon' Ron?

This shows how uneven Howard has been in recent years. Either he's good or he'll make something forgettable.

I think Howard needs a good script, otherwise he can't really improvise on his own.

^seeing how script is written by Peter Morgan(The Last King of Scotland,Frost/Nixon,The Queen) i think we are good

When I was a kid I thought Steve McQueen's "LeMan's" was cool.

It was. But technically, not a Formula One film. :D

James Garner in Grand Prix, a few years earlier, was an F1 film.

But yeah, as we already stated, nothing's better than Senna for F1 racing. Maybe Rush will change all that. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"