Ron Howard's Rush With Chris Hemsworth

Whitaker will probably take it. I have got this feeling that The Butler will get a huge push from Oprah during oscar season.

Any chance that Hemsworth will also be nominated for his performance in this movie? I'm quite impressed with his acting in the trailer, albeit we don't have much to see.
None. Daniel Bruhl though, the other lead in RUSH will almost surely get nominated for his performance.

I don't think Bruhl is a lock to be nominated but surely he has a much better chance than Hemsworth. The Oscar race changes so much and all the movies haven't come out yet so I'm just taking a wait and see attitude.

Very nice.... Really like Lost But Won....

Some people in my class got to see this in Toronto and said it was great so here's hoping. Because this film or Ron Howard doesn't really do much for me.

Yeah I'm not a fan of Howard as a director either or racing but I like Hemsworth so I'll watch it.

I thought Frost/Nixon was decent if too lightweight for it's own good.

Howard's a very "safe" director. IMO he doesn't really experiment with his films, he just maintains the same generic style with all of his films.

Howard's a very "safe" director. IMO he doesn't really experiment with his films, he just maintains the same generic style with all of his films.

It results in some decent movies, so I don't really mind.

Saw this last night. I thought it was excellent. :woot:

I couldn't agree more,certainly Rons strongest film in ages,Daniel Bruhl should get nominated as best supporting actor,loved his performance,he just stole every scene.

i see it as how jen and cooper were both leading in silver lining playbook

There was only one small issue that I had with the movie.... Being a UK motoring nut, I kept on recognising the UK Circuits they were using as other tracks (brands hatch was also Paul Ricard and the Ferrari test track for example).

Bruhl was amazing as Lauda and Hemsworth was probably at the best I've seen him as Hunt. This movie deserves recognition during the awards ceremony...

There is something to be said about high quality craftsmanship. I know it's poo pooed upon in the cognoscenti circles and what not, I mean every one who is not trying to reinvent the wheel and blow our minds is just a hack right? :o:whatever: But... I actually think there is something to be said for crackerjack workmanship. I actually think THAT is what Nolan has going for him. People think he's this cutting edge presence in the world of film, but that's because of the choice of his scripts. Everything else? Pretty quotidian... But Masterfully so. Howard is in the same category for me. It's just he has also mostly married his craftsman like behind the scenes work to not particularly cutting edge screenplays/stories.

[YT]gS-uMwKPa5A[/YT]

Movie was fantastic! The chemistry between Chris and Dan felt really organic and the story was told in a very compelling way. Just an overall, well executed film!

Just want to say I know I had a brain fart there and an inaccurate choice of words about Nolan. He is a WRITER/DIRECTOR and if the scripts he works with are high concept it's because of him. (Had to do this before I got ripped a new one. :) )

Fantastic film. Hemsworth is a true leading man and Daniel Bruhl was also great. There were moments where Horward could of really over done it, but he pulled back nicely for a change.

And good lord Miss Dormer, good lord. :D

JeremyJahns loved it.

He gave it an Awesometacular.

Are you guys more like Hunt or Lauda in your philosophies?

I'd say I'm definitely a lot like Lauda. Some people think I'm a jerk. I think plenty of people - a lot of people - are a bunch of a-holes. I think things out methodologically rather than emotionally. And I see happiness as something that could hold somebody back if they're going for the gold in something. I'm going for a certain goal in my life and from the very beginning I knew that in order to get there I would and did have to make some sacrifices - a social life for my work and career. That must always come first in order to truly get there and have everything figured out when you do. If you find comfort and stability - then you are more likely to give up on that goal or not truly be able to give everything you have to that goal because of something else in the way. I can also be called cold and distant at times even when I really don't think I am. In sort, I'm an a-hole who hates people I see as a-holes lol.

Which is more like you?

ADDING: Going after a career my parents say isn't "sane" as well, they'd like to see my name involved with corporate affairs. And one of the very few, if not only person I truly do respect in my life is a friend who is a lot like Hunt and has the same philosophies and personality traits as Hunt (I wonder if there's a correlation here between these two seemingly polar opposite personality traits - similar but opposites stick together).

Last edited:
Last week was Prisoners, this week Rush and next week Gravity. Wow what a fantastic little run we are having

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"