Ronald D. Moore to Adapt Outlander series for TV

I liked the finale, though I'm a little wary of the prospect of the rest of the show [blackout]featuring Claire and Jaime in "old age" hair/make-up like Caitriona was wearing tonight[/blackout], as it wasn't particularly convincing, imo. Also, I don't really care for the actress they got for [blackout]Brianna[/blackout]. Looking forward to S3, though.

That was a great finale. Definitely some tear jerky moments. If I didn't know that it has been renewed and there are more books in the series, I would've thought that it was the series finale. And it will be a fitting one too. I still feel bad for Frank. [BLACKOUT]I understand why Claire is that way but he deserved a better life. Well at least he had a daughter who loved him. [/BLACKOUT]

I liked the finale, though I'm a little wary of the prospect of the rest of the show [blackout]featuring Claire and Jaime in "old age" hair/make-up like Caitriona was wearing tonight[/blackout], as it wasn't particularly convincing, imo. Also, I don't really care for the actress they got for [blackout]Brianna[/blackout]. Looking forward to S3, though.

Is that what will happen in the next part of the books ([BLACKOUT]old age Jamie and Claire, that is[/BLACKOUT])? I haven't read the books but I just assumed that there will be some sort of time travel loophole so Claire will go back to her [BLACKOUT]younger [/BLACKOUT]self? As harsh as it sounds, I just figured that the author (and the show) won't take the risk of losing readers/viewers by [BLACKOUT]having the characters grow old (and in turn, be "less sexy").[/BLACKOUT] :funny:

Is that what will happen in the next part of the books ([BLACKOUT]old age Jamie and Claire, that is[/BLACKOUT])? I haven't read the books but I just assumed that there will be some sort of time travel loophole so Claire will go back to her [BLACKOUT]younger [/BLACKOUT]self? As harsh as it sounds, I just figured that the author (and the show) won't take the risk of losing readers/viewers by [BLACKOUT]having the characters grow old (and in turn, be "less sexy").[/BLACKOUT] :funny:
Oh I don't know, I haven't read them, just making an assumption, lol. You might be right, though.

And yeah, I still feel bad for Frank, too.

That was a great finale. Definitely some tear jerky moments. If I didn't know that it has been renewed and there are more books in the series, I would've thought that it was the series finale. And it will be a fitting one too. I still feel bad for Frank. [BLACKOUT]I understand why Claire is that way but he deserved a better life. Well at least he had a daughter who loved him. [/BLACKOUT]

When she gets back to the 18th century 20 years have passed for Jaime too. He has been living his life. In some not so great conditions. And he has been through some ****. This series covers quite a bit of time. The latest book is set in 1778. [Blackout]The American revolution is featured in the books. [/Blackout]

Last edited:
When she gets back to the 18th century 20 years have passed for Jaime too. He has been living his life. In some not so great conditions. And he has been through some ****. This series covers quite a bit of time. The latest book is set in 1778. [Blackout]The American revolution is featured in the books. [/Blackout]

Ah I see... That's amazing. :up: I really need to start reading the books in addition to the show.

The latest book is set in 1778. [Blackout]The American revolution is featured in the books. [/Blackout]
Interesting, I guess they were doing a little foreshadowing of that in this ep, then [blackout]With Brianna's talk of Boston and how obsessed they are with the American Revolution[/blackout]. :up:

I can't get over that
20 years has passed for Jamie and Claire. Could you imagine? They deserved to have that time together and Jamie's face at the end of the season finale said it all. In the books, I know they reunite and it's all good in that regard, but it makes me sad to think about how they lost their youth without each other.

Good final.
I don't remember :
in the previous seasons, does Geillis ( the other time traveler woman ) told Claire or gave hints that she knew her from 1960 ?

When Claire said:

[BLACKOUT]"It was more than f-ing! He was the love of my life!"
[/BLACKOUT]

:waa:

Good final.
I don't remember :
in the previous seasons, does Geillis ( the other time traveler woman ) told Claire or gave hints that she knew her from 1960 ?

IIRC before she was taken away, she revealed to Claire that she was a time traveler and/or she gave her a date (the date where she came from).

Good final.
I don't remember :

Geillis and Claire never meet before Gellis time travels back. I think Gellis might have briefly seen Claire right before passing through the stones, but they never out right met. Gellis did however meet Brianna.

This episode was so damn good. That ending...:cry:

Sam was SO GOOD in this ep. A+ acting.

That sex scene though....
giphy.gif

Curious to see how they alter the credits theme song and graphics for the New World setting. Itd be cool if they translated the chorus into a native American language the way they translated it into French for season 2.

Curious to see how they alter the credits theme song and graphics for the New World setting. Itd be cool if they translated the chorus into a native American language the way they translated it into French for season 2.

And it's back !
The song still the same but much slower, the graphics on the other hand reflects the new settings.
Ironically, I don't remember the French lyrics in S2, shame on me...

Just started to watch this. It's definitely one of the better shows I've seen in awhile.

Binge watched the show from Netflix after seeing some **** I mean bits on Finnish tv a few years ago. That season 5 finale... :csad:

I need to get back to this show. Claire and Jamie top my list of Fictional Couples to Have a Threesome With, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"