Ronald D. Moore's 17th Precinct

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Yes! Ron Moore's 'grown-up Harry Potter' pilot ordered by NBC
by James Hibberd

Battlestar Galactica reboot visionary Ron Moore just took another step forward to bringing a fantasy series to broadcast TV.

NBC just picked up his pilot, which could be described as “Harry Potter for grown-ups.”

The Sony Pictures TV project takes place in world ruled by magic instead of science. The working title is 17th Precinct and it’s basically an ensemble police drama set in the fictional town of Excelsior.

Precinct is not the only ambitious Moore project in the pipeline at NBC. The writer-producer also has The McCulloch, about the men and women of a fictional Coast Guard cutter as they travel around the world (that project, we’re told, is still kicking despite the Precinct pickup…).
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/19/ron-moore-pilot-nbc/
Exclusive: Michael Rymer on 17th Precinct
Source: Scott Huver
February 11, 2011

Michael Rymer's going from Cylons to sorcery: the "Battlestar Galactica" producer-director gave ComingSoon.net the exclusive scoop on reteaming with "BSG" creator Ron Moore to helm the pilot of a new supernatural police procedural series.

"I'm actually about to start directing a pilot that's written by Ron Moore called '17th Precinct,'" Rymer told us at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. "It's for NBC and we're in the process of casting it right now. It's bigger than 'Ben Hur,' very wild. It's a procedural set in a world where science is replaced by magic."

"There’s a lot of FX work," explained Rymer. "I'm very excited because it's going to be a real challenge to figure out how to explain why something is magical and not technological. There are some real challenges, but this is a very good script. It's Ron's main forte, which was very well demonstrated by 'Battlestar Galactica.' This is a great storyteller and just a lot of creative characters. We've had wonderful characters. So you get great actors and the writers will see what the actors are doing and they'd feed off of each other and there was this fantastic dialectic going on."

Rymer says there are no plans yet for him to direct any episodes of the upcoming sequel series "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome," but he considers his stint on "BSG" a high point in his career.

"I was the pilot director and a producing director," he said. "I directed about 25 of the episodes over the course of the season. That was sort of the first time in my directing career where I went, 'This is how it's supposed to be. Everyone gets on, is respectful, collaborative.' It just worked. Everybody fed off of everybody else in a very productive way."
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=74062

I have to say, this is one of my most anticipated pilots for next season, and I hope to God it gets picked up, both because it's from two key people behind BSG and because it just sounds damn awesome.

Sounds like The Dresden Files.

Except with Ron Moore.

Thus, better. :o

I'd be interested to watch this. If I ever worked in entertainment, I would have loved to adapt the Russian novel series "Nightwatch" for American TV, as kind of like Law-and-Order-meets-Twilight, set in either NYC or Toronto.

This sounds like something very close to that, from one of the best minds working in TV today, so I look forward to it.

I don't think something like this will work on network TV....anything remotely fantastical suffers...The Cape is limping towards death

these viewers are the morons who have made shows like Minute to Win It and Americal Idol hits, something like this is way too complicated for them to grasp

That's because The Cape is made of actual fecal matter.

I don't know how good it will be, and I'm doubtful that it will last more than a few episodes, but I look forward to checking it out at any rate.

It'll be the best thing ever. :o

I had a dream about this. Strange. I've never had a dream about a show that hasn't even aired yet...

did it involve you and Jamie Bamber in a domestic partnership? antiquing and baking muffins together?

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/enr...mong-latest-pilot-cast-additions/#more-110974
Battlestar Galactica alum James Callis is reuniting with the series' developer-executive producer Rob Moore on Moore's NBC pilot 17th Precinct. The Deep End star Matt Long has also joined the Sony TV-produced project set in the fictional town of Excelsior where magic and supernatural elements rule over science and revolving around the cops at the local 17th Precinct. The description of Callis' character Jeff, a homicide detective at the 17th Precinct: slender, long dark hair, British accent, looks almost exactly like British actor Callis. Long, who recently recurred on Mad Men, will play a rookie detective. Callis is the second Battlestar Galactica co-star to join Moore on 17th Precinct, following the casting of another Brit, Jamie Bamber.
James Callis, you say? :wow::up:

Awesome. I will definitely be watching this. :up:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/bat...n-moores-nbc-pilot-17th-precinct/#more-111201
'Battlestar' Alumna Tricia Helfer Joins Ron Moore's NBC Pilot '17th Precinct'

EXCLUSIVE: The more, the merrier. Battlestar Galactica developer/ executive producer Ron Moore has tapped a third co-star from the hit Syfy series, Tricia Helfer, to join his new sci-fi project, NBC's pilot 17th Precinct. The Sony TV-produced drama is set in the fictional town of Excelsior where magic and supernatural elements rule over science and revolves around the cops at the local 17th Precinct. Helfer will play Morgana, a necromancer, the magical equivalent of a coroner, who is an expert at manipulating the potions, tools, herbs and spells of her trade.

In the pilot, Helfer joins fellow Battlestar alumni James Callis and Jamie Bamber.

Holy ****!!! :wow:

I can't believe it!

Too bad Grace Park is at CBS now. I would love to see her on this BSG reunion show.

Hopefully we can get HELO! Man I'm so ****ing tuning in for this.

Might as well fill the rest of the cast with BSG alumni at this point. Olmos can be the cranky police captain, just like the old days.

Come to think of it, a sizable chunk of BSG alumni have played cops at one point, either pre-BSG or post.

I just want Hogan or Penikett in on this. The others would be great, but those two would blow me away.

Woot! I'm crossing my fingers for Hogan now.

I just want Hogan or Penikett in on this. The others would be great, but those two would blow me away.

I don't know. I don't think Michael Hogan could make a convincing grizzled, hard-living veteran cop who doesn't always play by the rules.
:hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"