Guardians of the Galaxy Ronan and The Kree?

In terms of presence and legitimate threat, I definitely felt it more with Ronan than I did with Malekith. (and that's saying a lot. Malekith had no lasting impression on me at all, like, in terms of humorless but all powerful villains, I thought it a miracle that Ronan had any pull based on what we've been shown so far in the MCU. Haven't been entertained by a villain like that since Vader.)

And while I appreciate his motives and personality, he's no Loki. But that's mostly the fault of the movie not spending enough time with him to let us get into his head. So yeah, I'd say he's somewhere in between. Of course Ultron will probably blow every MCU villain completely out of the water, at least until Thanos comes knocking.

Last edited:
In my personal opinion, Ronan wasn't the greatest villain, nor was he the best developed, but I think that sacrifice was worth it, because it led to more development for the Guardians, which I can completely understand, considering it is the first film featuring any of these characters, along with it being an ensemble.

For this film yeah. But Ronan is a huge part of the Kree. That section of the Marvel Cosmic world just got introduced. Dude needs to be a part of the further world building imo. He's pretty significant in the possible grand scheme of things one way or another.

Alot more to the character then what was shown here. I would assume Gunn and crew are aware of that.

Last edited:
Ronan was badass. He was no Malekith or Vanko, which was what a lot of early reviews made it sound like he was.

Still, there are probably plenty of ways to have him appear in a sequel, if they chose to follow that route. Ronan is a complex character in the comics. The Kree are certainly going to appear again.

I mean, it's clear that Nebula will appear again, too. So why not Ronan? The guy just did not go down.

I thought that Ronan was fantastic, but also underutilized. The same with Nebula.

Also, does anyone remember which poster was sure that Marvel didn't have the rights to the Kree?

Last edited:
I wanted the Gamora and Nebula fight to be longer and less cut

I feel like disposing of Ronan after one movie is kind of a mistake/waste. He has such a big role in the cosmic side of the MU that he's one of the villains that it makes most sense to keep around. Plus I'm just kind of tired of seeing villains killed off after only one movie in the MCU.

I feel like disposing of Ronan after one movie is kind of a mistake/waste. He has such a big role in the cosmic side of the MU that he's one of the villains that it makes most sense to keep around. Plus I'm just kind of tired of seeing villains killed off after only one movie in the MCU.
Well he did mention he wasn't a mortal. Hopefully that means a return at some point. Otherwise, yeah it is a mistake.

I mentioned in another thread that it would be cool if GotG2 featured the same villains possibly adding another. Couldn't Thanos have Ronan resurrected? I want a franchise that doesn't go through musical chairs with the villains. I know Star Wars has an arch they follow but I'd love this franchise to do something along those lines.

It's clear that Thanos will be the baddie in the 2nd one, where he will finally acquire all the infinity gems. Also remember that Nebula [blackout]escaped at the end of the battle[/blackout]

It's clear that Thanos will be the baddie in the 2nd one, where he will finally acquire all the infinity gems. Also remember that Nebula [blackout]escaped at the end of the battle[/blackout]
True but it would have been cool to see Ronan be Thanos' Darth Vader.

If Thanos got his hands on Ronan he'd kill him himself. Or do something a lot worse to him.

I hope [blackout]Ronan stays dead. I generally dislike it when characters are brought back from death, especially when it is as seemingly final as Ronan’s.[/blackout]

Remember when it was rumored though, that Lee Pace's character would have a spinoff, or a second film or something?

He's too big/important a character in Cosmic Marvel, who's gone through to big a character arc over the years, and has too much potential for interesting stuff to be done with him, to just be one and done. Especially since he was somewhat underused in this movie anyway. I'm really tired of the musical chairs philosophy present in a lot of CBM's. It's ok to bring villains back for future movies. Marvel figured that out with Loki and even Nebula escapes at the end of this movie.

I was kinda expecting Ronan to just be left laying there in front of the Guardians without his armour (it looked like just that was cracking at first), humiliated infront of the planet he hated most

I hope [blackout]Ronan stays dead. I generally dislike it when characters are brought back from death, especially when it is as seemingly final as Ronan’s.[/blackout]

Completely agree with this.

I mean, how would it be if a dude got annihilated by an infinity gem, and can be resurrected just like that? I agree it was a waste killing him, instead of capturing, but I hope he stays dead now because of the way he went out.

Well, Thanos does have the right connects for things such as coming back from the dead.

Is Thanos even in control of ANY of the infinity gems yet?!

[blackout]Ronan will be back.[/blackout] From what I've heard and read on these forums, he's a big deal and a big character in the cosmic side of Marvel.

after what happened to him I don't WANT him to come back

Another 1 dimensional Marvel villain, the movie's only downside!

Yeah I'll agree. It is just like Malkeith. Brilliantly performed, Ronan more that Malkeith but the only interesting about them is "theyre evil" and theyll stop at nothing to get the infinity stone

i hope he ain't dead. i mean we finally get to see ronan on screen. also we have lots of kree empire talk, then you kill him? i am hoping he isn't dead, knowing the kree i am sure he isn't. they are known for their science, so who knows if he will return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"