The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rotten Tomatoes score? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the movie coming out soon and with the first reviews coming out soon I thought it would be a good time to ask what score do you think this movie will get on rotten tomatoes?

Would this film get the same reviews if it was directed by Christopher Nolan with the same plot because sometimes I feel critics are biased towards certain directors

Nolan wouldn't make the same film, so that is irrelevent.

People are worried the score might go down but why can't it go up?

So with the movie coming out soon and with the first reviews coming out soon I thought it would be a good time to ask what score do you think this movie will get on rotten tomatoes?
I'm still sticking with 74%.

Usually, when USA critics gets to see superhero films, the RT of those films tend to go down a notch.

There are other cases like Captain America 1 that actually improved the RT rating, or The Winter Soldier that mantained the score.

It could perfectly happen with this one, but history is not by his side.

Usually, when USA critics gets to see superhero films, the RT of those films tend to go down a notch.

There are other cases like Captain America 1 that actually improved the RT rating, or The Winter Soldier that mantained the score.

It could perfectly happen with this one, but history is not by his side.

TWS is a very rare case of starting high and staying there. Only TFA can I also think of starting lower and going way up, but even there it topped out at 79%. It didn't go into the 80s or 90s after starting low.

I know everyone is panicking lol but this happened to Amazing Spider-Man, cap1, thor ,thor2 ,world war z, the wolverine damn near went rotten for 2 days then climbed mib3 did the same.Its not the end of the world we just need the us reviews now. Yeesh don't go grey over this lmao.Us Top critics are gonna push it over.

I don't always agree with RT Gravity is a pure example when I saw it I liked the visuals etc and the 3D was good and I didn't mind the movie as a whole but I expect to see the greatest film ever how the way critics were going on about it. It was one of those films that you can watch once in the cinema but I didn't rush out to buy the DVD when it came out but when The Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out on DVD I will buy it the scores on Rotten Tomatoes mean nothing to me unless it's about 20%

I'm not at all worried about the score. In the end, the RT score means nothing to my own opinion. I'd prefer to have a higher score for a movie I enjoy though, cause it's nice to have that critical acclaim to go along with it. But the score itself has no bearing on how much I actually love/hate a film. You're right, the score may indeed go up but typically that's not the case.

The Wolverine is also a funny case, because it started high, took a deep fall into the 50s and it's at 69% right now.

The main thing that's important is the general audience.

Critical acclaim is always nice of course

On Twitter people loved it and they are calling it awesome,i'm not worried about RT,you see soo many good reviews that doesn't make it there than bad ones,excited to watch Tasm2 :woot:

Critics don't mean anything I seen the movie and it felt like you were Spider-Man with the 3D, the acting was great and I like the action sequences it also felt like the spectaluar Spiderman cartoon in live action it was a 8/10 in my opinion I dont have a problem with some criticism but when I see it get compared to Batman and Robin that's way over the top

If people think Rotten Tomatoes are biased against this film because its owned by Warner Brothers need to check the Man of Steel score again

Would this film get the same reviews if it was directed by Christopher Nolan with the same plot because sometimes I feel critics are biased towards certain directors
Yeah because everyone loved the Russos going into Cap 2. :whatever:

It's annoying when people try to do this stuff. There's no conspiracy based on directors and writers.

If people think Rotten Tomatoes are biased against this film because its owned by Warner Brothers need to check the Man of Steel score again

Or the Green Lantern scores for that matter.

The way RT works. It's much harder for a film to go up than down. Usually after the first couple of reviews the rating continues to go down, that's why when a movie has a high-ish rating they always start out in the 90s or high 80s with the first 30-50 reviews before going down.

Yeah because everyone loved the Russos going into Cap 2. :whatever:

It's annoying when people try to do this stuff. There's no conspiracy based on directors and writers.

I remember the complaints people had, all the fears that it would be a "major laugh fest" and be absolutely rampant with humor. Russos freaking made them eat SEVERAL loads of crow.

No. Christopher Nolan knows how to develop villains and keep the tone at a certain spot. The reviews for this film say the tone is all over the place and the villains are underdeveloped, boring, weakly motivated, etc.

I knew Cap2 was going to be great from the beginning I just watched people talk

but now with this score is nothing i've accepted that this can go either way but right now it looks bleak
im being realistic here

Eh, I figured Orci and Kurtzman writing the script wasn't going to lead to Spider-Man 2, TDK, Iron Man or Avengers type of reviews unless Webb and the cast were 100% on point. As I said Star Trek received a 95% because of Abrams and the cast.

I love Marc's directing style. However, I'd love to see what Cameron could do with Spider-Man cinematically. He's tied up with Avatar for a good chunk of time, however, he'd be my #1 pick after Webb steps down. He's said before that Spider-Man is the only CBM he'd want to direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"