The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rotten Tomatoes score? - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a comic book movie in between Man of Steel and Green Lantern?

Blade: 55 (5.7)/ 29% (4.6)
Daredevil
: 45% (5.2) / 26% (4.4)
Green Hornet: 43% (5.2)/ 26% (4.6)
Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer: 37% (4.8)/ 33% (4.5)

And there are many that are worse than Green Lantern. For example:

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance: 18% (3.9) /19% (3.8)
Jonah Hex: 12% (3.5) / 6% (3.4)
Elektra: 10% (3.7)/ 13% (3.7)
Catwoman: 9% (3.1)/ 10% (3.2)

I don't think this news or mediocore ratings is going to require series reboot...but it will delay and hopefully cancel this Sinister Six nonsense.

If this film makes a considerable profit, S6 will probably happen. Even if the reviews went below 50% (which is doubtful), this movie would
need to absolutely tank to cancel S6. I mean, aren't they each featured in the credits mobile promo? Sony is pushing for it hard already.

lol...Raimi is the better storyteller, even if character plot details weren't comic book accurate.

Webb's movies aren't comic book accurate either so that is inconsequential.

I've noticed that CBMs tend to stay in the 3-8.5 range when it comes to RT average scores. Or does that go for films in general?

If this film makes a considerable profit, S6 will probably happen. Even if the reviews went below 50% (which is doubtful), this movie would
need to absolutely tank to cancel S6. I mean, aren't they each featured in the credits mobile promo? Sony is pushing for it hard already.

Well they could just make a Spidey vs. S6 instead of a S6 film.

I disagree. Any film can be cancelled.

Well they could just make a Spidey vs. S6 instead of a S6 film.

True. I actually like that better anyway. Making a film about 6 VILLAINS without the hero that made them popular sounds strange to me anyway...

Avi is the one who is talking it up the most and we all know how his ideas workout...

chaseter's sig just makes me laugh and sends me into fits of rage.

I've noticed that CBMs tend to stay in the 3-8.5 range when it comes to RT average scores. Or does that go for films in general?

Usually only best picture contenders get into the 9's (Social Network, 12 Years a Slave, Gravity, etc).

The Dark Knight is the closest a CBM has come (8.5), followed by Spider-Man 2 (8.3), Dark Knight Rises (8.0), and The Avengers (8.0).

Alright, so I just saw this, and I don't even know where to begin.

I'd like to follow up with at least a brief review in the user thread, but all I'll say with regard to the topic at hand is that the critics are being very generous right now....56%/5.9 and all. Wow.

The best I can say about this movie is that it had parts of a great movie.

Usually only best picture contenders get into the 9's (Social Network, 12 Years a Slave, etc).

9s are incredibly rare. Most recent Best Picture contenders are in the 7 and 8s. Then you have outliers at the other extreme like The Blind Side a 6.1 avg (66% and a rotten 52%/ 6.0 from TC).

Wow, I really thought (think) Blade was a solid flick. But RT says I'm wrong. That shouldn't be.

9s are incredibly rare. Most recent Best Picture contenders are in the 7 and 8s. Then you have outliers at the other extreme like The Blind Side a 6.1 avg (66% and a rotten 52%/ 6.0 from TC).

Indeed. That's why most 9s are Oscar contenders. Never said that most Oscar contenders were 9s ;)

Wow, I really thought (think) Blade was a solid flick. But RT says I'm wrong. That shouldn't be.

Well, 55% of critics on RT agreed with you - so a majority says you're right. Now the top critics - most of them think you're wrong. :woot:

I rarely ever take critics(Or RT) that seriously,but I'm so surprised at the low rating. I have yet to see it,but is is that bad?

I usually agree with RT ratings but the critics were incredibly wrong on this one. This should be in the 80s. I put this at the top of the Spider-man movie list! It's the most complete.

Well, 55% of critics on RT agreed with you - so a majority says you're right. Now the top critics - most of them think you're wrong. :woot:

I'm a sad panda...

Edit: I do suspect a bit of a "piling on" attitude in some recent reviews. Perception is reality to some extent. I was expecting a certain mehness but I'm thinking maybe the movie is better than one might think based on the latest buzz.

Last edited:
I usually agree with RT ratings but the critics were incredibly wrong on this one. This should be in the 80s. I put this at the top of the Spider-man movie list! It's the most complete.

As it stands 56% of them like it enough to recommend it, 44% don't. So they all can't be wrong. 56% isn't a grade it's a consensus and the 5.9 is the average rating of that consensus - basically 3/5 stars.

I'm a sad panda...

Edit: I do suspect a bit of a "piling on" attitude in some recent reviews. Perception is reality to some extent. I was expecting a certain mehness but I'm thinking maybe the movie is better than one might think based on the latest buzz.

Even when the RT % was in the mid 70s the avg was 6.1/6.2. The average rating really hasn't changed much. Now it's 5.9. Many of the early reviews seemed to be on the fence - it was only a matter of time before more started slipping over on the rotten side.

Yes, RT marks things below 60% as "rotten" but the majority of reviewers are still recommending it and the avg rating is basically a 3/5 stars. That's OK, not bad.

Even when the RT % was in the mid 70s the avg was 6.1/6.2. The average rating really hasn't changed much. Now it's 5.9. Many of the early reviews seemed to be on the fence - it was only a matter of time before more started slipping over on the rotten side.

Yes, RT marks things below 60% as "rotten" but the majority of reviewers are still recommending it and the avg rating is basically a 3/5 stars. That's OK, not bad.
A "fresh" review at 3/5 doesn't mean they're recommending it.

I noticed that one of the critics said.

It's worse than BATMAN FOREVER but slightly better than BATMAN & ROBIN.

now that is just harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"