Rotten Tomatoes watch thread

Down to 61% (148 reviews).

I hope future mcu films won't eXperience something like this, 1 to 3 points away from a rotten or fresh rating. 50s and 60s aren't really bad. From what I've noticed I liked a lot of films with a Rt rating in the 50s to 60s, instead of below 50. But the "will it be rotten or fresh" with the number going up and down is just a nail bitter.

I remember Wonder Woman 1984 being in the same position back in 2020, but worse since Wonder Woman 1918 was such beloved film unlike Captain Marvel 1995. That film ended up with 58%. Venom 2 was in similar situation as well but I don't think people even care that much.

Last edited:
Critics Consensus
Funny, refreshingly brief, and elevated by the chemistry of its three leads, The Marvels is easy to enjoy in the moment despite its cluttered story and jumbled tonal shifts.

XRecorder_10112023_044722.jpg

Better save some screenshots now. It might not be a long while before it loses 2 points. And based from the past, once it loses those 2 points, it would be hard to collect more fresh reviews to move up the percentage.

The consensus is fairly accurate. I hope the film will still be an enjoyable ride for most.

One hour ago, it was up to 62% but suddenly its back to rotten 59%.

This is going to have a hard time going back to 60s. Especially few negative reviews would easily make it fall.

Edit: Back to fresh, 60% (184 reviews).

Up to 62% after 221 reviews with a 5.9/10 average rating. It seems to have settled for the most part so it'll likely finish anywhere from 58-63.

Pretty pleased to see this with a fresh rating after 200 reviews, even though its just 2 points away (61%) from being rotten.

Movie is fresh and I hope it stays that way. It's a good enough movie that I hope 60% of critics liked it.

I'm hoping it goes up to 63% or 64%. That would guarantee a fresh rating!

I know this sounds a bit desperate, but I enjoyed the film despite its many flaws.

Down to 61%.

A movie with fresh rating sounds better than with a rotten rating. For MCU, 31 out of 33 films, with a fresh rating also sounds better, than having just 30.

Still a much better track record compare to DCEU, Sony Spider-Man Universe, FoXverse, Batman, Superman, Fantastic Four, Blade, Transformers, Wizarding World, Fast Saga, Star Wars, James Bond, Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Conjuring, etc.

Down to 61%.

A movie with fresh rating sounds better than with a rotten rating. For MCU, 31 out of 33 films, with a fresh rating also sounds better, than having just 30.

Still a much better track record compare to DCEU, Sony Spider-Man Universe, FoXverse, Batman, Superman, Fantastic Four, Blade, Transformers, Wizarding World, Fast Saga, Star Wars, James Bond, Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Conjuring, etc.

IMHO movies are more than just their box office or reviews.

You're telling me this because...

And this is the rotten tomatoes thread fyi.

I think it bears repeating.

The score is the score. Everyone is going to go crazy if you're that desperate for it to go up a few percent or what if it goes down a couple eventually?

I think it bears repeating.

The score is the score. Everyone is going to go crazy if you're that desperate for it to go up a few percent or what if it goes down a couple eventually?
This is the rotten tomatoes watch thread.

Up to 62% (307 reviews).

73% Multiverse of Madness
72% Iron Man 2
67% The Incredible Hulk
67% The Dark World
63% Love and Thunder
62% The Marvels (321 reviews)

53% Secret Invasion
47% Eternals
46% Quantumania

Down to 61% (329 reviews)

Audience Says
Fun characters and an entertaining, fast-paced story make The Marvels an enjoyable addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

When I see the words 'fun' and 'entertaining' automatically pop up when discussing an MCU movie, I just think of those endless YouTube compilations made up of reviewers who may not necessarily like an MCU movie here or there, but feel obligated to say 'But it was fun!'

Well thats the audience consensus Rotten Tomatoes wrote for the film. And I think thats accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"