The Pulps: Pulp Era Heroes RPG Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Lantern

Brightest Day
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Masters: Spike_x1 and Green Lantern
Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Yes. [email protected]
Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Spike_x1 and myself
How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: A seasonal RPG with each season encompassing a year of in game time, starting in 1935, driven by character development and player interaction.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

The setting is similar to that of the mid 1930s, but one in which more extraordinary heroes and villains begin appearing. Some heroes are fueled by burgeoning and advanced technology of the day, while others rely on more supernatural methods. Some of the heroes are extraordinary, just because they've survived the catastrophic events occuring around them. These heroes are appearing just as their world needs them, on the brink of a massive world war, and with mystic and advanced enemies threatening the safety of the world.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): It will allow players to either play as the heroes from the old Pulp stories of yesteryear (Fu Manchu, The Shadow, Doc Savage, Flash Gordon), characters that fit the time period and themes (Indiana Jones, The Phantom, The Rocketeer) or to create their own character fitting in the stories and ideas that will be shaping the world.
Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The Pulps: Pulp Era Heroes RPG
Example Of Characters Application:

Character:

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi):

History:

Powers/Skills:

Supporting Cast:

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character:

Picture, if accessible, of desired character:

Sample Post (2 paragraphs with 3 lines of dialogue):

I shouldn't. I couldn't! I wouldn't!

God, who am I kidding. I'm totally in, this sounds like fun.

Also, is the character limit the same as for most other RPGs, as in 2 character per player? Because I have two I'd love to play; a hero and a villain.

I'm thinking two characters, because aside from the Rocketeer, I'd like to create and play my own villain.

I think I'm in. But as who, I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking of playing a Nazi.

I am so in. Now, do I wanna be Doc Savage, or Lamont Cranston?

Why do I keep hurting you? :csad:

Harl, I think we might need couple-counseling.

Harl's right and you're wrong. The couple has now been counseled. :up:

Please, gentlemen. We can solve this like civilized men.

*pulls out a pair of guns*

Now, we'll start off at 30 paces.

Dr. Phillip Howard Liebfertigkeit, Professor of Archeology and Anthropology, Miskatonic University, Arkham, Massachusetts for me :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"