Status
Not open for further replies.
Or are you calling me a transsexual?

Wait, does that mean he was calling me Canadian? THAT BASTARD :cmad:

I figured I might as well shove this sucker in here somewhere. :o

Character:
The Rocketeer/Cliff Secord

Pilot/Mechanic

Allignment and Affiliation (what groups, if any is your character associated with, ie: Nazi):
None in particular.

History:
Cliff Secord grew up around crop dusters in Florida through the 20's and early 30's, and always dreamed of flying higher and faster than anyone else. Orphaned in his teens, Clifford was practically raised by airplane mechanic A. "Peevy" Peabody, and, living under Peevy's roof for years, Cliff came to have an above-average understanding of many aspects of modern aviation, which only served to further his idolization of things that could fly. Eventually, Secord and Peabody saved just enough money, packed up, and moved to Los Angeles to start their own company to fly stunt planes with Cliff as the star pilot. However, after a series of freak events, a futuristic device found its way into the possession of Cliff and Peevy: a rocketpack that a man could strap onto his back and use to fly higher and faster than anyone else. Able to take his dream to a whole new level, Cliff will soon come to realize that what he now possesses will have ramifications that he can only begin to imagine.

Powers/Skills:
A skilled pilot and mechanic, Secord's main attribute is the jetpack he uses to fly as the hero known as the Rocketeer.

Supporting Cast:
A. Peabody - Clifford's best friend and father figure, as well as a more skilled mechanic than Secord.
Jenny Blake - The closest thing Cliff has to a girlfriend, Jenny is a starting model whose career is beginning to take off as the RPG opens.

Please give two reasons you wish to play this character:
The Rocketeer was the first superhero movie I had ever seen as a kid, and it's such a simple but classic concept for a superhero - what's not to love? I'm also looking forward to putting a new take on Cliff's beginnings, and I actually want to work some of the RPG's villains into the origin of the rocketpack (that's the reason why details are light in the History part of this app, seen above).

Picture, if accessible, of desired character:

therocketeerbyseanehl3.jpg

Sample Post (2 paragraphs with 3 lines of dialogue):

"Clifford, you aren't thinking what I think you're thinking!" shouted Peevy over the noise of the gargantuan ape that was causing all of the chaos nearby. Called "King Kong" by the people who claimed to have captured the beast on some faraway island; to some people it seemed like only a matter of time before the big gorilla escaped and showed the city just how cheesed off he was at being taken from wherever-the-hell he came from and put in a cage for people to gawk at.

"I've got to Peeve," came Clifford's muffled voice from under the helmet. "You saw how that thing was swatting those fighter planes out of the sky! With this thing," he gestured to the machine on his back, "I'm ten times more maneuverable than those guys!"

Despite his objections, Peabody was walking the fully-suited Secord out of the main doors of their air hanger. "Yeah? And what are ya gonna use to fight that monkey? Bananas?"

Under his helmet, Cliff gave Peevy and unseen stern look before turning to the sky. "I'll think of something."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"