Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

so I just read that art book excerpt again.

so it says that the ship has been inactive for 18,000 years. and it says it's been trapped in arctic life for millennia.

so I guess that does mean Kara's at least 18,000 years old. :(

still going with your other theory about that only being the ships age, also if the book outright says that its been stuck for only a "millennia" then right there proves that Kara would not be 18,000 years old since a millennia is 1000 years, she is more than likely in suspended animation and again, time is probably synced with Krypton time since it is a Kryptonian ship, they do tell time differently. She is still Clark's cousin and Zor-El is still Jor-El's brother, I'd be really ticked off if thats proven otherwise.

still going with your other theory about that only being the ships age, also if the book outright says that its been stuck for only a "millennia" then right there proves that Kara would not be 18,000 years old since a millennia is 1000 years, she is more than likely in suspended animation and again, time is probably synced with Krypton time since it is a Kryptonian ship, they do tell time differently. She is still Clark's cousin and Zor-El is still Jor-El's brother, I'd be really ticked off if thats proven otherwise.

well, it didn't say "a" millennia. it just said millennia. also, it did say the ship's been inactive for 18,000 years. so that suggests it's been stuck in the ice for 18,000 years.

the thing about Kryptonian time being different is interesting. also, when you factor in long-distance space travel, warp speed, wormholes, etc., perhaps that can also account for a time difference.

And we don't know how long it took baby Kal-El's ship to reach Earth, or how much time passed since Krypton's destruction. based on space-travel time, it would seem only a couple of years to baby Kal, but it could have been thousands of years in "real" time.

also, we know nothing of the Kryptonian life-span. just like the technology is "ancient," perhaps Kryptonians are a long-lived race, especially due to all the genetic manipulation. so, maybe their lifespans are measured in the thousands of years.

so, even if Kara's at least 18,000 years old, in Kryptonian time/age, that would be equivalent to 18 years of age.

or, put another way, if she's been trapped in the dormant FOS in a suspended animation pod for 18,000 years, for her, that would be like being trapped for 18 years.

also, that could still mean, even though she could precede Kal-El by thousands of years, from our Earth-time perspective, that would make her an ancient ancestor. but from Kryptonian-time perspective, that could still be considered relatively normal and contemporary. so she still could be considered Kal-El's older cousin.

for all we know, Jor-El and Lara could be thousands of years old, even though they look like they're in their 40s/50s or whatever.

well, it didn't say "a" millennia. it just said millennia. also, it did say the ship's been inactive for 18,000 years. so that suggests it's been stuck in the ice for 18,000 years.

the thing about Kryptonian time being different is interesting. also, when you factor in long-distance space travel, warp speed, wormholes, etc., perhaps that can also account for a time difference.

And we don't know how long it took baby Kal-El's ship to reach Earth, or how much time passed since Krypton's destruction. based on space-travel time, it would seem only a couple of years to baby Kal, but it could have been thousands of years in "real" time.

also, we know nothing of the Kryptonian life-span. just like the technology is "ancient," perhaps Kryptonians are a long-lived race, especially due to all the genetic manipulation. so, maybe their lifespans are measured in the thousands of years.

so, even if Kara's at least 18,000 years old, in Kryptonian time/age, that would be equivalent to 18 years of age.

or, put another way, if she's been trapped in the dormant FOS in a suspended animation pod for 18,000 years, for her, that would be like being trapped for 18 years.

also, that could still mean, even though she could precede Kal-El by thousands of years, from our Earth-time perspective, that would make her an ancient ancestor. but from Kryptonian-time perspective, that could still be considered relatively normal and contemporary. so she still could be considered Kal-El's older cousin.

for all we know, Jor-El and Lara could be thousands of years old, even though they look like they're in their 40s/50s or whatever.

Well, millennia plural is just "1000 years", adding in the "a" doesn't really change it lol, now if the book says "a few millennia"....thats a different story lol.

Also the ship looked pretty inactive when Kara awoke in the prequel comic, so who knows how long Dev-Em had been screwing around with it lol, both that time and its time crashed on Earth are probably factors in that 18,000 years.

The rest I agree with you completely :), in Superman The Movie Jor-El said that Clark was in his teens but Jor-El had been dead for thousands of years (Earth time).....gah...who the heck knows lol, bottom line, on Krypton..

Jor-El and Zor-El are brothers,
Kara is Kal's cousin,
Kara left Krypton first, however we dont know exactly when she left, she might not even know she has a cousin.
Kal-El left right before Krypton goes boom
Kara probably landed first.....actually obviously she landed first lol
Kal, they said in the comics that his ship took short cuts so that might also factor into the movie.

my head hurts now, no more time travel and differential talk lol

Well, millennia plural is just "1000 years", adding in the "a" doesn't really change it lol, now if the book says "a few millennia"....thats a different story lol.

Also the ship looked pretty inactive when Kara awoke in the prequel comic, so who knows how long Dev-Em had been screwing around with it lol, both that time and its time crashed on Earth are probably factors in that 18,000 years.

The rest I agree with you completely :), in Superman The Movie Jor-El said that Clark was in his teens but Jor-El had been dead for thousands of years (Earth time).....gah...who the heck knows lol, bottom line, on Krypton..

Kara is Kal's cousin,
Kara left Krypton first, however we dont know exactly when she left, she might not even know she has a cousin.
Kal, they said in the comics that his ship took short cuts so that might also factor into the movie.

I guess we'll find out in a few weeks!! :woot:

and there's always the possibility that Kara's scout ship is NOT the FOS ship. We're assuming that based on the prequel comic. But, the FOS ship could be an entirely different, much older ship that crashed on Earth long before Kara's ship did. And the ancestor in the FOS ship could be another El ancestor ( to both Kara and Kal ), called Mon-El, maybe.

who knows..........

NNNNOooooo...Mon-El cannot be the ancestor :funny:, however on a serious note, the ancestor could have been Kem-L (only for this movie he'd be Kem-El lol) who really is one of Superman's ancestors :)

well, regardless, it could be a different ancestor, not Kara.

How bout Traue for WW?

Would be weird to see her as another DC character and we haven't seen how she is as Faora. WW is too big of a role for her at this point.

The SG/WW was all tongue in cheek. She is a very unique actress though.

Hah I see. Yeah, I'm looking forward to what she'll deliver. I'm curious what kind of range we'll see out of Faora.

just gonna post this here for the whole 18,000 year stuff....BOOYAH!!!

[YT]7ujuOikKgAE[/YT]

There just has to be a woman version!?

No, she's her own character since there are other Kryptonians. No one complains about all the Robins being just boy versions of Batman. Anyone who thinks they're just female versions is being mildly sexist. They have completely different character.

Yeah. And Kara is a great character (when she's written well and not portrayed as Super-Britney). They wrote a pretty badass version of her in that prequel comic there.

holy ****!!!

just started reading it, but did anyone else catch this??

not only is Dev-Em mentioned, but so is the name [BLACKOUT]Nam-Ek[/BLACKOUT]!!!

and the art book has identified Nam-Ek as the huge, genetically altered warrior in Zod's insurgency!!!

so, Dev-Em AND Nam-Ek!!!

hmmmmm.......

Kara is Kal's cousin,

:huh: Isn't millenium 1000 years, with millenia being the plural meaning more than one 1000 year period?

ok, just finished the comic.

I liked how Kara was portrayed as the leader/captain of the group.

but the thing about Dev-Em and Nam-Ek is intriguing. it says that the story was written by Goyer and Snyder.

so, I highly doubt it is mere coincidence that those 2 names just happen to be the names of 2 of Zod's insurgents.

that means either Dev-Em and Nam-Ek survived into Zod's time, or the 2 in Zod's group were named after famous ( or infamous ) ancestors.

also, noticed something else. Kara is wearing her suit with the S symbol on it, yet the S shield isn't colored Red and Yellow.

According to the art book, the Superman suit that Clark finds in the FOS is an environmental suit worn by an ancestor. We're assuming that ancestor was Kara.

However, in the prequel, Kara is wearing that suit herself when the ship crashes and the suit itself is NOT colored like Superman's suit.

Does that mean Kara had more than one environmental suit on board. One "plain" one that she wears inside the ship and another, more colorful one with a cape that she wears outside the ship?

According to wikipedia: Dev-Em will make an appearance in the upcoming 2013 Man of Steel. He will be portrayed by Revard Dufresne [4]

also, noticed something else. Kara is wearing her suit with the S symbol on it, yet the S shield isn't colored Red and Yellow.

According to the art book, the Superman suit that Clark finds in the FOS is an environmental suit worn by an ancestor. We're assuming that ancestor was Kara.

However, in the prequel, Kara is wearing that suit herself when the ship crashes and the suit itself is NOT colored like Superman's suit.

Does that mean Kara had more than one environmental suit on board. One "plain" one that she wears inside the ship and another, more colorful one with a cape that she wears outside the ship?

Or it was Zor-El's. She went there to see if she could create a Kryptonian Colony. Maybe it was to be worn by her "children' she created through the genetic thing.

:huh: Isn't millenium 1000 years, with millenia being the plural meaning more than one 1000 year period?

found this as the best way to describe it

The word Millenium means ' a period of 1,000 years' so 346 AD to 1345 AD would be a 'millenium'. However if you mean the Millenia since the presumed birth of Christ then the first millenium was AD 1 - Ad 1000, the second AD 1001 to 2000 and the third started on January 1st 2001 to 31st December 3000. The 'Millenium Event' as it was called did NOT start on 1st January 2000 but 1st January 2001 as the last day of the old millenium was 31st December 2000. Remember a millenium is 1,000 years, including the last one with all the zeroes. Sadly most of the world celebrated a year too soon. Tell the girlfriend she's wrong, we're in the third.

so if I'm understanding that correctly, then you would be correct lol but only by 1 or 2 years, not 18......I think.....anyone want to take a shot at this lol

Is the ship in the movie, the same ship that is in the tie in comic? Do this mean that Kara(Supergirl) is on earth somewhere? Do this comic really go with the movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"